Its starting

R32 3838

Yesterday I spoted an R68A on the (N) around 6:30pm, and I rode the R32 (:D ( Mostlikley for the Last time) I heard its going to be transfered, As we know the R46 swap has started, and there is still R44's in service I got on last night and there was another one heading uptown, and the R160A-1's are layed up on the southbound side of the Hillside ave express tracks (F). The (N)/(Q) is going to swap equipment, meaning that They want the (Q) to be 100% R160 while the (N) is half and Half.

Yesterday I spoted an R68A on the (N) around 6:30pm, and I rode the R32 (:D ( Mostlikley for the Last time) I heard its going to be transfered, As we know the R46 swap has started, and there is still R44's in service I got on last night and there was another one heading uptown, and the R160A-1's are layed up on the southbound side of the Hillside ave express tracks (F). The (N)/(Q) is going to swap equipment, meaning that They want the (Q) to be 100% R160 while the (N) is half and Half.

Don't remind me about the (N)(Q) swap :cry:. Ive seen nothing but 160s on the (Q) today..:tdown:

Don't remind me about the (N)(Q) swap :cry:. Ive seen nothing but 160s on the (Q) today..:tdown:

i only saw 2 sets R68A's on the (Q). one was in service, the other was in the yard. (the rest were all R160's, which pissed me the hell off big time!) i also saw 3 R68A's on the (N) today. 2 in service, one in the yard. (i took one on the (N) today.) The rest of (N) service were R160's, which wasn't too bad. The rest of the R68A's were all on the (:P. im going to guess that a few are also at Concourse yard for Monday morning (B) service. i didnt see any of Coney Island's R68's.

the 68's with its slow acceleration would work better on express lines than local lines..the Q is completely local in brooklyn so theoretically the 160's with the faster acceleration would make more sense since quick accelearion and stopping would be needed while the N with that long segment between pacific and 36 would give it plenty of time to get good speed thats the way i see it

the 68's with its slow acceleration would work better on express lines than local lines..the Q is completely local in brooklyn so theoretically the 160's with the faster acceleration would make more sense since quick accelearion and stopping would be needed while the N with that long segment between pacific and 36 would give it plenty of time to get good speed thats the way i see it

eh...true i guess. id still rather see R68/R68A's on the (Q) rather than the (N). dont get me wrong, R160's are not bad, but the fact that the (Q) were exclusively R68A's with occasional R68's is what made the line popular until those R160's came in.

What's with the (N)(Q) car swap? What purpose will it serve? Not that I'm complaining, as a semi-regular (Q) rider....
Probably so crews can easily change the signs on (Q) trains heading to Astoria or to 57/7th [i still don't think they'll send all the (Q)s to Astoria - more than what the amt of trains the (W) had going to Queens].

Here is proof of the R68A (N) train:

These two photos were from me standing on the Downtown side of the 57 St/7 Av Station, and the R68A (N) train pulling in was on the Queens-bound side:

IMG00163-20100626-1914.jpg

IMG00164-20100626-1915.jpg

This photo was the one I took of the roll-sign:

IMG00165-20100626-2023.jpg

This photo was the one i took of myself riding the R68A (N) train:

IMG00166-20100626-2023.jpg

Probably so crews can easily change the signs on (Q) trains heading to Astoria or to 57/7th [i still don't think they'll send all the (Q)s to Astoria - more than what the amt of trains the (W) had going to Queens].

I remember some Brooklyn bound (N)s started at 57 Street.

So why was the CIY R32 (B)set transffered 2 207th St AGAIN?

The B is going to receive a set of R68/A from the Q to make up the train so CIY no longer needs the R32. The N and Q are going to get the R160s from the W.

What's with the (N)(Q) car swap? What purpose will it serve? Not that I'm complaining, as a semi-regular (Q) rider....

The rollsigns are easier to change on the 160s, and the (Q) has two northern terminals.

So why was the CIY R32 (B)set transffered 2 207th St AGAIN?

With the (W) cut, there were extra trains in CI Yard. Thus, the 32 wasn't needed.

Archived