Its starting

R32 3838

What about the fact that the barn at 207th ONLY works on R32s? I think that's more that enough of a reason to send the R32 from the (B) there. Now explain how 207th is full of shit, I would love to hear your explanation on this one.

I don't get this 'hate' either. But then again they don't work for the MTA. I mean even to the average person it should be obvious how little sense it makes to keep an odd ball unit at a yard when another yard has all of that train type. Why keep the odd ball around? Especially with the (W) gone, CI yard will have enough 'extras'.

What about the logistical side of having all but 10 R32s at one yard and every time the R32 that was at CIY needed parts they would have to be shipped from 207 a yard that ONLY handles R32s. Also, how can you blame 207th for taking all the R46s when they are only stored there, not mantained. If anything, blame Pitkin or the (A) line managers. Just because foamers want the R32 on the (B), it does not mean that it should be, it's not not logical.
I totally agree. When it comes down to opinions, it's their way or nothing. "Disregard the facts." It's not very logical at all. I mean they could have had R32s on the (A), but no that would 'kill the R32s'.

If they were to make the (C) 600' trains, they'll need to keep those R44s around a bit longer. I would be in favor of more R160s to bump off more R46s from Jamaica yard to give to the (A) and (C) and fully replace all the R44s.

*wishful thinking:

If the (G) were based from CIY, then that would open up more cars for CI to move around. They can make the (G) all R68s and then those 'extra' R160s would be sent to CI to the (N)(Q).

I don't get this 'hate' either. But then again they don't work for the MTA. I mean even to the average person it should be obvious how little sense it makes to keep an odd ball unit at a yard when another yard has all of that train type. Why keep the odd ball around? Especially with the (W) gone, CI yard will have enough 'extras'.

I totally agree. When it comes down to opinions, it's their way or nothing. "Disregard the facts." It's not very logical at all. I mean they could have had R32s on the (A), but no that would 'kill the R32s'.

Okay first off, the reason why I said what I said because 207th likes to hog all the good equipment, 1st off they should have given Jamaica Back that R32 for as well as 207th, yeah its logical to have one car type at 207th but they don't need all of the R32's, If anything the (A) and (C) should be 100% R46's and the Displaced R32's would go to Jamaica along with some extra CI R160's, CI Still have extra trains, And yes It would make more sence to have them on the (:) or the (R), Atlest Jamaica knows how to run a railroad. if 207th has 240 R32's plus 8 cars that are retierd and 4-5 trainsets of R46's that is kinda being greedy, Pitkin and 207th has 416 R46's, That's More than enough to cover the whole (A) line, They are Not going to need the R32's for the (A), the (C) runs 18 8 car Trainsets of R32's, Now if they run 18 trainsets of 10 car R32's That's still enough to have the (C) go 10 cars (that's 180 R32 cars plus 26 cars for spares) the remaining R32's should be at Jamaica for extra (M) For Back up/® servicve, Like I said before 207th don't need all those godamn R32's, who gives a shit, Im sick of the (A) anyway, Nothing But timers, Atleast on the (C) fly into stations.

Like I said before 207th don't need all those godamn R32's, who gives a shit, Im sick of the (A) anyway, Nothing But timers, Atleast on the (C) fly into stations.

Obviously you do because you keep bitching about this stuff. Also have you ever heard of punctuation, it's almost impossible to read what you write.

I heard there are now 48 R68As on the (N) and the crews now have to have their brake handles, reverses, and sign keys with them at all times.
They were always supposed to have those things all times, regardless.

I was hoping, that if they got rid of the 32's and 42's, then you would only have the 68's concentrated in one area (:)(D), and the few spilling over to the (N)(Q), (and in the A div. the 62's on (1)(3)(7)), then they might lighten the requirement on those not picking in those sections. Or at least give us the plastic handles they were testing; so at least we would have something in case we ended up on one of those trains, yet the handles wouldn't be used that much (the apparently didn't pass the test, and I imagine might not be good for heavy use).

They were always supposed to have those things all times, regardless.

I was told a memo went out stating that, I think some (N) crews got a little laxed because of the R160s always being on the line.

Okay first off, the reason why I said what I said because 207th likes to hog all the good equipment, 1st off they should have given Jamaica Back that R32 for as well as 207th, yeah its logical to have one car type at 207th but they don't need all of the R32's, If anything the (A) and (C) should be 100% R46's and the Displaced R32's would go to Jamaica along with some extra CI R160's, CI Still have extra trains, And yes It would make more sence to have them on the (:) or the (R), Atlest Jamaica knows how to run a railroad. if 207th has 240 R32's plus 8 cars that are retierd and 4-5 trainsets of R46's that is kinda being greedy, Pitkin and 207th has 416 R46's, That's More than enough to cover the whole (A) line, They are Not going to need the R32's for the (A), the (C) runs 18 8 car Trainsets of R32's, Now if they run 18 trainsets of 10 car R32's That's still enough to have the (C) go 10 cars (that's 180 R32 cars plus 26 cars for spares) the remaining R32's should be at Jamaica for extra (M) For Back up/® servicve, Like I said before 207th don't need all those godamn R32's, who gives a shit, Im sick of the (A) anyway, Nothing But timers, Atleast on the (C) fly into stations.

Last time R32s were at Jamaica yard, they had a/c problems which pretty much forced them off the (E) combined with the idiocy involving the placement of the R40s/42 c/r placement on the (C).

Even with the R46s moving to the (A) this weekend, there's not going to be enough to retire both the R44s and allow (C) to be 600' trains. I don't see the point of taking the R32s off the (C).

Yes the (A) does suck, but at least it has one redeeming quality: east of Grant Av for the above ground stations and the ride over the bay.

Now those were the days! The (A) was also awesome when it had R32/38/40S/40M/42/44s. I'm not sure if they all ran at the same time, but at least they ran close enough 'at one moment in time'.

During December 2008 the 32s were gone from 207th/Pitkin. So it was all of the above except for R32s.

I have heard both that it means there is a 3rd compressor on the set and I have also heard it does not mean that. I could find out this week.

Jamaica had an R46 set with a 3rd compressor,it was on the (G) line.don't remember the car numbers or if it still has the compressor.

According to thejoecorner the (N)(Q) have 41 trains at peak time. Coney Island Yard has 480 R160's, according to the data sheet. Seems like NTT's will end up on another CI line since the (N) will be half and half. The only thing I can't factor in is how many extra trains the (N) will run because of it being a Broadway local, now.

But remember that number includes spares which means not all of them will run at the same time. And if you take about all but 2-3 trains the (W) had and put them on the (N)(Q), that pretty much means you only have that many extras left. Which means only 2-3 more R68/As are freed up. There won't be any other lines using R160s.

I wondering if things will be really interesting on monday. According to Joe Korner, the W required 10 R160A/B trainsets. Even with the Q maybe gaining a few trainsets (maybe like 4 or 5) for like 22 to 23 trains in service and even if the N gets maybe 1 or 2, there is still like 3 trainsets unused from the W (or whatever number it is). If the N is going to be half and half or mostly R68/A, then there could be a possibility that some are going to the B (since the B is a part-time line but with multiple terminals) or to Jamaica. Who knows. Just my guess.

Archived