Best Looking Interior

Robert Bosco

Which car has the best-looking interior? The R32's, 38's, 40's and 42's are roughly the same, beige paint and navy seats. I like the 62's and 68's panels, but the seat colors are horrible. My favorite is probably the R160. I'm not in love with the seat color, but the off white panels are nice, and I love the metal that surrounds the window ledge...nice touch. (J)(Z)(M)(L)(N)

R44/R46 has the best interior, IMO.

I like it better than the similar R68/A interior because it's brighter and the wallpaper gives the car a "homely" feel. Likewise I like the added center overhead lighting.

I have to agree with you. Those wood/fake-wood panels also enhances the interior appearance, IMO. I love the colored seats, and my rear doesn't start to hurt as quickly while sitting in those type of seats. Those flat seats on the NTT, and old geezer trains starts hurting to quickly. Maybe I need to eat more fatty foods so I can grow a natural cushion back there.

I have to agree with you. Those wood/fake-wood panels also enhances the interior appearance, IMO. I love the colored seats, and my rear doesn't start to hurt as quickly while sitting in those type of seats. Those flat seats on the NTT, and old geezer trains starts hurting to quickly. Maybe I need to eat more fatty foods so I can grow a natural cushion back there.

As uncomfortable as it can be...I still manage to have great naps on the subway. I probably sleep better on the (:) then I do at home.

I love the colored seats, and my rear doesn't start to hurt as quickly while sitting in those type of seats. Those flat seats on the NTT, and old geezer trains starts hurting to quickly. Maybe I need to eat more fatty foods so I can grow a natural cushion back there.

Not only are those seats more comfortable for your rear, but also your BACK. Since the bucket seats also have bucket backs, it's safe to sit up and lean back in them for long rides without worrying about grinding your spine into the back every time the train accelerates or brakes.

Which car has the best-looking interior? The R32's, 38's, 40's and 42's are roughly the same, beige paint and navy seats. I like the 62's and 68's panels, but the seat colors are horrible. My favorite is probably the R160. I'm not in love with the seat color, but the off white panels are nice, and I love the metal that surrounds the window ledge...nice touch. (J)(Z)(M)(L)(N)

i say the R62A has the best interior, all of the other trains inside looks hideous, especially the new trains with the white inside and the purple chairs

I say the R38s have the best interior. If I'm standing by the door, the bar is easier to reach. Also the seat is more comfortable than the R40s. In addition, I prefer the bench seat over the bucket seat. For the IRT, I like the redbird interior, since those "straps" were so unique.

Archived