Alot of borrowing at Basiley Park

R32 3838

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What I never understood, was why the hell they took the artics away from BP in the first place! I thought they were doing just fine over there. Some of the 1000's have already been retired. Hopefully the remaining ones at ECH go to MTAB.

Right. They need to rehab, and pull out my 8600's!! They are only 16 years old. They can take a a few more beating.

Yeah as well as the 1100's, The 94 TMC are my top favorite, Those Orion V's are dropping like flies, But This is MTA's falt for messing with the transmission and governing those buses to 35-40, that's why they are f**king up.

Could MJQ keep them running for 2 years? I would think the crosstown lines would've been far easier on those buses than routes the other 2 depot runs.

Yeah they could go to MJQ, but they would face the same problem.

The transmissions on the Ex Bee lines are the same as when they were delivered to WCBL. they dont have any 1993 repower transmissions. I asked around about that. IMHO, I think these Bee Lines O-5s are a huge mistake. These buses do not belong or fit with the MTA. Its just my $ 0.02 worth.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Lol unless they install a CNG tank in bp and i don't see that happening anytime soon.

Just to let you all Know that those NG's were only at BP for Gas

3715 has BP stickers on it already

3719 still has JFK stickers

3680 has a Very strong possibillty of staying AT BP, Heard rumors that JFK was not using that bus because of something personal, it still has JFK stickers on it

saw all 3 yesterday.

Alright then fine they dont have such bad mateneince workers but it isnt the best depot in queens , they arent doing anything ,the best depot out of queens is lga i have to admit that . bp barley has any buses only 101 . they used to be on the ball game but now its down .

Imagine cp with c40lfs , i cant imagine that its just out of place lol

LGA the best depot in Queens?

LGA has an issue with drivers having no bus to drive because there's not enough buses, why? Because LGA kills them. Very often there's 20+ drivers looking for a bus to drive there and not a single bus is operating well enough to take out of the depot for them to drive and do their job. Bee-Line didn't have an issue with these V's at all, LGA killed 123 and some others. No depot wants to give LGA their RTS because of this, LGA repeatedly asked for RTS from many depots and got rejected. LGA and JFK are both horrible. My friend who works from West Farms even says LGA is the reason he won't switch over to MTA Bus.

Questions to busfanners:

1.Do u kno anything why CP and LGA switched routes like

CP: Q19 and Q38

LGA:Q67, Q100, Q101, Q102, Q103, Q104

2. In Fall 2009, why does the QBx1 needs to go to Eastchester Depot??

The Q100-Q104 are much closer to LGA than to CP. This was to save on fuel/deadhead costs. The Q19 is also closer to CP.

Also, responding to multiple posts earlier in this thread, just because a depot only has a few buses does not mean it is short any buses. The reason BP only has ~100 buses is because it only has four routes. FR only has ~70 buses but almost every single one of its routes is split with JFK so it doesn't even need that many buses. That's like saying a depot with as many buses as LGA is the best in the system, but we all know what the reality of that situation is.

LGA has an issue with drivers having no bus to drive because there's not enough buses, why? Because LGA kills them. Very often there's 20+ drivers looking for a bus to drive there and not a single bus is operating well enough to take out of the depot for them to drive and do their job. Bee-Line didn't have an issue with these V's at all, LGA killed 123 and some others. No depot wants to give LGA their RTS because of this, LGA repeatedly asked for RTS from many depots and got rejected. LGA and JFK are both horrible. My friend who works from West Farms even says LGA is the reason he won't switch over to MTA Bus.

This is the reason why they are short, Because they don't know how to treat their buses, BP on the other hand never had Orion V's, Those Orion V's were fine for the 1st 6 months now they run like shit, They can't handle the Q111/113, The Q110 is the main reason why most of BP buses have problems because of the damn Pot holes on jamaica ave right after you past 168th st, BP should be the depot with the RTS not LGA, BP has tons of RTS parts, They don't even have parts for the Orion V's, They have to ship parts, It would have been smart to keep the RTS there.

Just put it this way, MTA f**ked up those buses before they even hit the road.

This is the reason why they are short, Because they don't know how to treat their buses, BP on the other hand never had Orion V's, Those Orion V's were fine for the 1st 6 months now they run like shit, They can't handle the Q111/113, The Q110 is the main reason why most of BP buses have problems because of the damn Pot holes on jamaica ave right after you past 168th st, BP should be the depot with the RTS not LGA, BP has tons of RTS parts, They don't even have parts for the Orion V's, They have to ship parts, It would have been smart to keep the RTS there.

Just put it this way, MTA f**ked up those buses before they even hit the road.

BP was the jumpoff with TMC's, RTS are more built for NYC streets than any other bus we have running right now. The potholes on 147th Avenue and down for the Q111/113 are bad as well, I love the Orion VII's but I'm surprised those buses don't die each time running over those LMAO!

I don't blame your B/O friend one bit. I wouldn't want to be anywhere near LaGuardia myself be it the depot or even a bus based out of that hellhole.

The bus that was scrapped wasnt 123. It was 133 LGA actually didnt destroy 133 a truck tire did. Lets just saythis, yes LGA is beyond a disaster. They will be getting more buses soon enough. BP needs to become an all hybrid depot. They should send the RTS parts to LGA. BP will NOT be seeing ANY RTSs in the near future or if ever again.

BP was the jumpoff with TMC's, RTS are more built for NYC streets than any other bus we have running right now. The potholes on 147th Avenue and down for the Q111/113 are bad as well, I love the Orion VII's but I'm surprised those buses don't die each time running over those LMAO!

BP Orion VII's feel like you are on low riders, That's how good they take care of those OG's, JFK ones look like shit and the LGA ones look like triboro buses.

147 is pothole street but those Orion VII's do the job well, I rode the Q113 LTD, We did 50 on the Nassau Expwy.

The bus that was scrapped wasnt 123. It was 133 LGA actually didnt destroy 133 a truck tire did. Lets just saythis, yes LGA is beyond a disaster. They will be getting more buses soon enough. BP needs to become an all hybrid depot. They should send the RTS parts to LGA. BP will NOT be seeing ANY RTSs in the near future or if ever again.

Don't Bite your tounge on that, Anything is possible.

You know what. You are absolutely right. At one time I hated everything about LGA Depot. The maintenance was shoddy, the drivers had (some still do) have nasty attitudes, the busses are trash, and a slew of other things. But over the past few weeks, I've been thinking about LGA, and I think I finally got it. It's just an opinion, but here it is. I have been over to LaGuardia before. The Q33 was one of my favorite routes ever for many reasons. If you have ever been out in Triboro Land, you will know that those buses run like no other. They are beaten to shit daily, and it isn't anybody's fault at all. These buses carry a crazy amount of people, and struggle to hang on everyday. I am convinced, that every RTS in the inventory should die at LGA. LGA needs more RTS' bad!!!!! That is the only bus (with proper maintenance) that should run on 90% of their routes. RTS' are the only thing that can take the beating. They need more!!! They need overhauled 8600's. The nursing home for buses should be LGA. Thats where they should go to breath their last breath. But they will also have to keep a supply of new buses at all times. This depot is unique, because its demands so much out of the MTA that they can't keep up. But...... South Queens Division Headquarters is actually the shit! They pull shit out of their asses to make sure service keeps running! And I don't know how they do it! I have NEVER liked LGA. But I can't hate on them anymore. I give them 10 thumbs up!

Why not just pull buses out of storage?

In the long run, however, when routes can be transferred between MTA Bus and NYCT garages, the MTA needs to ship routes out of LGA without replacement; that garage simply isn't designed to house 250-plus buses (in the Triboro days, the fleet was about 210 buses).

This was the case in the Bronx Division when there was no West Farms or Walnut Depots---Kingsbridge and Gun Hill were swamped.

To me, the ideal routes to ship out are the Q39 and Q67---both to Fresh Pond...what other routes move elsewhere as a result can then be determined.

Archived