MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/13/2022 at 11:42 AM, Calvin said:

* 5876: TU to Hale

The LFSA has Hale stickers and was part of a 5 way swap that was done between 100 St and Hale. 

100 St received (XD-60s): 6196, 6199, 6215, 6218, 6223 ..... Hale (LFSAs used mainly the M35): 5257, 5822, 5876, 5863, 5892

Edited yesterday at 12:35 PM by Calvin

Are these moves permanent or a temporary swap?

10 minutes ago, UTC Bus Roster said:

Are these moves permanent or a temporary swap?

It’s a temporary swap. The 5 2019 XD-60s that Hale sent are still at 100 St. Although, Quill and Hale had 4-5 units 2011-12 LFSAs that 100 St sent over had depot stickers in quality control. 

To inform about 6095 & 6096 at CS, the 2 buses that I ran into still have the OF stickers on them. Short or long term loans do not change depot decals unless it is permanently assigned to them. 
Most of the 2017 buses are getting SMSed. That’s why there are many loans out in both Manhattan & the Bronx. (PS: I’m only in NYC once a year —- every 9/16) 

4586 (EN) has confirmed to either be retired or transferred to MTA Bus Company (which one of the two has not been confirmed). Its farebox is now on a 2022 XD40. Someone let me know if they have any information on it.

(For those who don't know, tracking fareboxes can be used to see if a unit has been retired or transferred.)

42 minutes ago, BenTheMiner said:

4586 (EN) has confirmed to either be retired or transferred to MTA Bus Company (which one of the two has not been confirmed). Its farebox is now on a 2022 XD40. Someone let me know if they have any information on it.

(For those who don't know, tracking fareboxes can be used to see if a unit has been retired or transferred.)

4856 is alive and well at Ulmer Park.