MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, JoshTheScrub said:

Yeah you right but this is a possible scenario that could happen so.

Whatever happens, after today things should be back to normal in terms of transfers.

end of discussion.

If that were the case, other agencies would be heavily affected as well, which is not the case especially when you consider that there are agencies with very similar tracking systems(most notably, WMATA and that entire DMV region, and they were left unharmed).

And considering that it's only the new buses that aren't trackable....that kinda kills that theory doesn't it? Especially since this isn't the first time new buses have been affected by widespread tracking issues that specifically affected those units.

Edited by Cait Sith

• Replies 36.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Calvin

• Future ENY OP

• T J Trainman

• Cait Sith

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, TransitMan0251 said:

7454 still at EC... 

So far only 7445, 7448, 7461, 7470, 7481 have been returned to LGA from Eastchester training

Well that bus was at lga in the shop this afternoon one thing still has eastchester decals 

Posted (edited)

8990 has returned to Baisley Park after being used as a training unit at LaGuardia. The aforementioned 8983 took its place for training.

Side note, has anyone actually spotted 8968 in service? It was reported that it was delivered, but I have yet to see any evidence of that like 9006 months ago.

Edited by Kingsbridgeviewer382

1 hour ago, Kingsbridgeviewer382 said:

8990 has returned to Baisley Park after being used as a training unit at LaGuardia. The aforementioned 8983 took its place for training.

Side note, has anyone actually spotted 8968 in service? It was reported that it was delivered, but I have yet to see any evidence of that like 9006 months ago.

I want to say I saw it on the Q64 this week but I don’t remember exactly. 

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Kingsbridgeviewer382 said:

I have spotted 8968 in service at least once and I think other people have spotted it a couple of times too. I don't have a picture of the bus but I remember its farebox number was 5997 when I last saw it.

Edited by DT323

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, TransitMan0251 said:

7454 still at EC... 

So far only 7445, 7448, 7461, 7470, 7481 have been returned to LGA from Eastchester training

21 hours ago, Santana04 said:

Well that bus was at lga in the shop this afternoon one thing still has eastchester decals 

...and it's on the Q33 heading towards 74th St-Broadway. Spotted this while waiting for the Q69 on Astoria Blvd

Edited by The TransitMan

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, DT323 said:

Likely yes

MaBSTOA depots always borrowing from each other to make service. That’s been that way since the mid 1980s 

Edited by FLX9304