MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course, they won't change the stickers right away. The stickers don't mean anything...

With all this scrambling for buses to help out on bustitutions and lines like the Q22 that needs more beese, changing depot decals on buses is hardly a priority right now.

With apologies to the foamers!

Edited by Bill from Maspeth

I just don't understand this. LGA's short to start with, and we all expected they'd get MORE RTSes, not start to lose them...and now the buses go to Jamaica. Maybe there're more buses coming out of storage? Just don't get how the arithmetic works out with this. Have these buses been through the overhaul program or are they just random RTSes?

@MHV they probably have. I don't think LGA is getting more RTSs at this point. Regardless if they come from ECH storage/ENY/JAM. The only reason why they are going to JAM is probably to help out with the A train shuttle. Unless JAM is going to send a whole different batch of 1996 RTSs to LGA? This mystery remains to be seen.

What exactly is going on? I'm lost. What's LGA Getting and why is JAM getting more RTSs?

I don't know why LGA and JAM are doing swaps, but JAM is taking all the RTSs from LGA, I think some more buses are coming out of storage to go to LGA or they are getting Bees.

I don't know why LGA and JAM are doing swaps, but JAM is taking all the RTSs from LGA, I think some more buses are coming out of storage to go to LGA or they are getting Bees.

Wasn't BP getting some of the displaced hybrids from SC? So maybe they are sending LGA the ex-Bees and that's why the RTSs are being pushed out? Edited by Grand Concourse

Wasn't BP getting some of the displaced hybrids from SC? So maybe they are sending LGA the ex-Bees and that's why the RTSs are being pushed out?

Yeah I think your right, they got a lot of hybrids from sc. I know one of them is 3623 I don't remember the other #'s.