MTA Bus Operations: Deliveries, Moves & Transfers

T J Trainman
Message added by Cait Sith

This TOPIC is strictly for bus deliveries, moves & transfers.

Any discussion related to these moves should be done in the MTA Bus Operations: Fleets and Depots and Bus - Random Thoughts threads.

• Replies 36.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Calvin

• Future ENY OP

• T J Trainman

• Cait Sith

Top Posters In This Topic

Now if only I can get that on the M14A....tired of seeing all the good stuff on the M14D lol

Every time, I know. Gotta share some of the action, Quill!

5278 spotted in Manhattan yesterday in Quill terriory. Spotted on M23 and has decals.

5276 is at Quill with stickers too. Here's an oddball: 5625 at Tuskegee freshly overhauled.

^ Odd one, surprised the 126 RTSes aren't going there. 126 got all those LFSAs and yet the 5300s are still there, a bunch of the 2002-2003 D60s are still there, and so are the 1996s...surprised more buses didn't leave.

5423 joins the Quill family.

Edited by MHV9218

I shot 5278 on the M23 earlier; is Quill now receiving up to 5294 while 5821-5839 are at Flatbush? (5278 was supposed to be at Gun Hill.)

well since its known for those buses at Flatbush to be there for about 6 months...i think the buses will get moved back 19-20 buses...so Quill will take 19-20 of gun hills next batch and then GH will take some of FB new artics(or maybe they'll take the Quill LFSAs at FB) ...and then while FB gets their new Novas...they will return the Old ones 5821-5839 back to quill for quill to return those 5276-5294 or something like that back to GH...

Edited by XxLiLGiJoE17xX

Looks like we know where QV's MCI's are going. "POSSIBLY"

That would make sense, it would retire their set of DL3s.

I had said this a while ago when 2251 was fresh on the block, I see the MCIs from QV go straight to Ulmer Park to retire the DL3s.

Edited by Cait Sith

GH - 5295-5334, FLA 5335-5363

exactly thats how its looking...then when 5335 comes in FB will start sending Quills LFSAs 5821-58xx back to them...which will force Quill to send 5276-52xx back to Gun Hill...then GH will give FB the extra buses 5324-5334 they have for FB...so its like a rotation

Edited by XxLiLGiJoE17xX

The current batch of buses at FB, are NOT theirs! They are just for training/shuttle service. Depending on how long the shuttle is needed, they will be there. But they are not FB's buses. They haven't even set up the preparations for SBS service on Nostrand either. It'll be a while till an artic runs on a FB route.

Edited by Grand Concourse

The current batch of buses at FB, are NOT theirs! They are just for training/shuttle service. Depending on how long the shuttle is needed, they will be there. But they are not FB's buses. They haven't even set up the preparations for SBS service on Nostrand either. It'll be a while till an artic runs on a FB route.

They are at Flatbush, so yes they belong to us for the moment.

We have been operating, washing & maintaining (I've seen one in the bays already) them since they got moved to the depot.

The only thing is, they've yet to change the radios over to FLA network or the decals.

Whether they will do so or not, I will find out sometime this week whenever I remember to bring it up. lol

Lol, true. In the overall picture it doesn't matter I guess. But I consider them on loan since they haven't displaced any buses to run on any of the lines here.

I just hope the 40'ers in the parking annex aren't tagged being parked right by the fence...

The routes haven't been fully "converted" to handle artics yet - and what I mean is, expanding the length of bus stops to accept two artics instead of one, similar to bus stops on the M14. Basically everything hasn't been analyzed just yet.

read my quote carefully...i didnt say anything about those being FB buses..i talked about how the rotation will go..i specifically broke it down..and didnt say quills buses were FB i said 5821-39 belong to Quill..only buses i said really belong to FB was starting at 5324

Sort of on topic

Have they started touching the 2000 and 2001 d4500's for retirement? If so what will happen to 2185 when it retires?

you would ask that in the bus random thought thread..anyways im not sure about the year 2000 MCIs but i know buses #'ed in the 2000 range are starting to be retired...and when 2185 fleet gets retired it will go to museum

you would ask that in the bus random thought thread..anyways im not sure about the year 2000 MCIs but i know buses #'ed in the 2000 range are starting to be retired...and when 2185 fleet gets retired it will go to museum

whoops my fault i figured asking here cause of how some of qv's mci's are going to UP and it would knock out some of the 102's

Edited by BreeddekalbL

That would make sense, it would retire their set of DL3s.

I had said this a while ago when 2251 was fresh on the block, I see the MCIs from QV go straight to Ulmer Park to retire the DL3s.

Yup, I think theres another one around from QV. I know most of QV's went to Yukon since they're short.