R44/46 A line readings

INDman

There's a lot more than that. The (E) alone is a full page and a half of possibilities.

And no, I'm not going to post any scans because it takes too long to scan and blank out the codes and other critical info, so if you want to see them you'll just have to BEG INDman and see if he posts some more but you're not getting them from me...

Unless I know you personally...maybe...

There a quite a few more possibilities than I initially thought. And an overachieving C/R could definitely have those display quite a bit of information than the usual route if they chose to do so.

I have a bulletin from 93' or '94 about the R44/46 signs saying that only the most common reading are provided in the cabs. The full list of readings was given to the people at Control Center who would transmit the appropriate codes is the event they would be needed. I don't think this was ever done.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.7; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

INDMan,

Any wordrs on when you'll post up the remaining R44/46 electronic signs but can you post up the ones for both the F and R lines first.

Patience young one

INDMan,

Any wordrs on when you'll post up the remaining R44/46 electronic signs but can you post up the ones for both the F and R lines first.

He already addressed this:

P.S. DO NOT ASK FOR ME TO POST SPECIFIC LINE READINGS. I WILL POST ALL OF THEM SOONER OR LATER AND IF ASKED, THE WILL BE POSTED ALOT LATER.

I don't have a request or anything like that, however I just find this one fact very interesting:

After 9/11/01 NYC Transit rerouted the (Q) over the (R) line in Queens. Since this happened, I remember some R44 or R46s on that line. I actually have one of those pictures from nycsubway.org which I (sometimes) use as my background on my home/personal computer. From looking at the codes posted so far, I am just wondering if NYC Transit had to come up with more codes or did they just modify some of the codes (like the ones from the (F) and (R) lines - since the destinations were already programmed).

Also, is it true that the R44/R46s have codes for all of the IND/BMT lines? I'm just wondering b/c one day I was looking out the window of a R160 (E) train at Queens Plaza heading North, and I saw a R46 on the local track with the (N) line in the LED sign. I realized shortly after that the back and front containted the (G), which meant that the 4-car train was running light to Jamaica Yard. So far from this thread I've seen the readings from the (A), (E), (F), (G), (K), (R), (S) & (V) lines. (please correct me if I'm wrong)

Also, is it true that the R44/R46s have codes for all of the IND/BMT lines? I'm just wondering b/c one day I was looking out the window of a R160 (E) train at Queens Plaza heading North, and I saw a R46 on the local track with the (N) line in the LED sign. I realized shortly after that the back and front containted the (G), which meant that the 4-car train was running light to Jamaica Yard. So far from this thread I've seen the readings from the (A), (E), (F), (G), (K), (R), (S) & (V) lines. (please correct me if I'm wrong)

They have every line and every station in the B division except the (J)(L)(Mx)(Z) for obvious reasons. The codebook alone is about 26 pages long.

Archived