Trainz Sim NYCTA Pics

Strain

You should construct some layouts in Trainz and post them here. So far, good work on your stations.

i can not do a lay out in trainz because the trainz i ordered got lost in the mail and it will be a while before i order another one. thats what i meant with the op saying i could not do no in game.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well when you order it again there will be some stellar content waiting for you.

More eye candy. WARNING!!! View image at your own risk! I will not be held responsible for the spontaneous combustion of your eyes when viewing the image below.B)

tunnelsandsignals.png

Awesome! It's wonderful to see my signals in such kick ass tunnels! And for third av el, if you have a fast internet connection why not do a digital download directly to your computer? Thats what I did for 09 and 10

yeah but i got a lot of work to do. not to get into any details i use a netbook with windows xp and all i'm doing right now is designing for when the time comes. i already did a token booth for strain thats all i am doing designing and doing stuff for people. i think i might just leave it at that. custom build things for other people to use in trainz until i get a better computer and decide which trainz to get.

so your finally going to do nycta for real? your going to join us?

What do you mean "for real"? This is the Trainz Sim forum, and while your stations are good, no offense, but you've posted nothing from Trainz, and only Sketchup. So, try not to sound condescending, as though you've built hundreds of miles of route and KTrain is some newb joining the club. It's insulting.

@KTrainExp: can't wait to see what you bring to the table!

And btw, for everyone else--all the signals are done and imported into Trainz. Now comes the testing mode on the (7) between Queensboro Plaza and Times Square.

The signs will be in development next. Keep your eyes peeled for a list of which ones will be available. I will be taking requests--so make your voices heard!

-A :cool:

okay first i want to say thanks to green eggs for telling me about the digital downloader for trainz i want to say thank you for that. i would like to say sorry for the comment i posted earlier it was wrong. anyway the download finished last night i installed it and heres a pic of what im working on for trainz. i was up all night learning how to play trainz and build my own custom stuff so here it is:

trainzproject.jpg

trainzproject2.jpg

so your finally going to do nycta for real? your going to join us?

Join us...?? Nah he's not joing us b\c he's been in since '07 I believe.He's been quiet b\c he is waiting patiently like me for MOST OR ALL of the custom content by several people to build the ultimate Subway system or somthing.That's why my Marta route is on hold.When the new content comes out I promise the (N)(R) from Astoria to Bay Ridge via Whitehall unless someone volunteers to do Canal to Atlantic Av and I'll contine the route.

Join us...?? Nah he's not joing us b\c he's been in since '07 I believe.He's been quiet b\c he is waiting patiently like me for MOST OR ALL of the custom content by several people to build the ultimate Subway system or somthing.That's why my Marta route is on hold.When the new content comes out I promise the (N)(R) from Astoria to Bay Ridge via Whitehall unless someone volunteers to do Canal to Atlantic Av and I'll contine the route.

oh okay thanks for explaining it. you never did answer my question about how your marta line is going. how is your project going?

Canal St (N)(Q) Bridge & (R) Tunnel line are complete on my route, all the way to Pacific St on the (N)(R) and Atlantic for the (Q). I'm in the middle of re-signalling my route completely, so it'll be awhile before I offer that piece up for beta testing.

22 March 2011 Progress Map:

ProgressReportMap.jpg

Edited by Green Eggs n' Pelham
Added Progress Map

I started my NYCTA project back in October 2010, and I was using Magicland's signals with slight modifications for my route (just re-texturing and re-coding the configs). Now that all of my signals are working and complete, I am replacing all of Magicland's old signals one-by-one. But I still have to figure out how to work triggers for the GT & ST signals, so I will probably just re-start route building for now and leave other signals until later. The only fully re-signalled line on my route is the 42 St (S) and the approaches to the (1)(2)(3) from TSQ and the approach to the (4)(5)(6) east of Grand Central.

Right now, I'm working on the signs portion of my project. The following signs will be available:

RENAMEABLE SIGNS (you can insert the speed in the properties dialog). Note: This WILL NOT work as an MOspeedsign, so your speed limit will not change during driver. That would require dozens of different signs, and I'd like to keep it somewhat simple so that when building, you guys don't have to sift through 50 signs.

##- where you will be able to insert your own text.

ST-##

ST.jpg

GT-##

GT.jpg

##-MILES

SpeedSignal.jpg

R-## (Resume Speed Car Markers)

R-10sign.jpg

##-CAR (Reverse movement Car Markers)

CarSign.jpg

##- (Car Marker Stop Signs).

CarStop.jpg

Still debating if I should do the black-on-white or what is shown in the picture

WD-## (Wheel Detector Speed Sign)

WD.gif

The signs that will not be re-nameable will be the following:

Begin time-control

TimeControl.jpg

OPTO-Stop Sign

OPTO-S.gif

Wheel Detector End Sign

WDEnd.gif

Oh, and before I forget--each sign will have two variations, one for outdoor (el/surface routes), and one for tunnel walls.

The station car stop signs will only be ceiling mounted since they're pretty uniform throughout the system regardless if its a subway, surface or el station.

Any suggestions, let me know!

P.S. Credit for the photos above go to ebay.com for the "8", nycsubway.org for the speed/car signs, and Joe Korman for the WD & OPTO signs.

Canal St (N)(Q) Bridge & (R) Tunnel line are complete on my route, all the way to Pacific St on the (N)(R) and Atlantic for the (Q). I'm in the middle of re-signalling my route completely, so it'll be awhile before I offer that piece up for beta testing.

22 March 2011 Progress Map:

ProgressReportMap.jpg

Cool when I start my route from scratch may you do 2 sections for me please(Queensboro Plaza to Lex-59th) & Canal to Atlantic (N).I have trouble with going from elevated to underground transition.If not its ok.They'll be just 2 trains in the route the (N) & the (R).Also may you do the transition from 8th Av also.We'll have to send the route back and forth and I'mma just add the tracks & stations while Simon does scenery.I'm gonna have trouble with 86th to Coney so I'll have the route terminate at 86th and possibly a <W> from Astoria to Kings Hwy but in the tubes where the (R) comes and goes I'll put a portal for PUT-INS so Astoria won't be so crowded with 3 trains.

Hey all--

After completing my subway signal package a few days ago, I've moved onto the signs package! They're still being tested for texture flickering (:mad:), and distance from the middle of the track. Anyway, here are some screens. Remember, most of them are re-nameable!

Start of Time Control

TimeControl.jpg

ST-20mph

ST-20.jpg

Resume Speed for an 8 car train

Resume8-car.jpg

Resume Speed for a 6 car train

Resume6.jpg

Fixed Overhead Signal

Overhead.jpg

OPTO Stop Sign

OPTO.jpg

No Bottom Yellow Home

NoBottomGreen.jpg

Car Stopped at Station Marker

CaratStop.jpg

Reverse Car Stop, 10-cars

10-carreverse.jpg

Reverse Car Stop, 8 cars

8-carReverse.jpg

Reverse Car Stop, 6 cars

6-carReverse.jpg

Normal 4-car stop

4-carStop.jpg

Enjoy!

Ok guys please tell me how you do it. Ive tried everything and i still cant get my subway stuff in to trainz. See i dont want to ask anyone cuz i dont know how long it take them seeing as how they have lives that dont involve trainz and since i dont really have that much hw from school i want to spend time getting my things into trainz but i cant. And i look at bstyles and its like he says that hes going to do something then like two minutes later the thing is in trainz. And also Green Eggs n' Pelham has done it to with his signals so i really just want to know how you guys did it really.

It depends on where exactly your issue is; if your problem is going from GMax to Trainz I can't help you with that because I haven't gotten that far with the stuff I'm working on. However, I have found a free working path from SketchUp to Gmax. Go to the Autodesk website and download 3dsMax (as a student you can get a three-year "educational license" for free) and install it. Save your work as SketchUp 7 or below, and use the import function built into 3dsMax to import the .skp file. Export it as a .3ds, and GMax should have no problem with it.

I'm going to start releasing parts of this project in phases. This is Phase 1, the first set of stations. The next phases will feature more station designs, and will be more detailed than these. By the time this is over this will be one whole pack, and it will be available to all versions from Trainz 2006 up.

Part one, picture:

FourPieces.png

And Link(Trainz Classics and above): http://www.mediafire.com/?ymj4ymd22uu9bck

Enjoy! And expect more updates soon!

Hey All--

I've taken a temporary break from my Signals & Signs project to do a little route-building in TS2010. The graphics are awesome! Anyway, here is the current progress report map:

Astoria Line finally finished!

ProgressReportMap-1.jpg

The end of the Astoria El (Still wondering if I should put a rusty billboard there, lol :P)

AstoriaElEnd.jpg

Looking North, just before the terminal

DitmarsInterlocking.jpg

View of the Astoria Blvd station & the I-278 (scenery to come later)

AstoriaBlvd.jpg

Up-close of 31 St & the GCP

GrandCentralPkwy.jpg

30 Av/Grand Av

30thAv-Grand.jpg

Queensboro Plaza Upper Level, looking East

QueensboroPlaza-1.jpg

Queens Plaza Station (E)(M)(R)

QueensPlaza.jpg

(R) Branch to the 60th St Tubes

60thStTube.jpg

23 St-Ely Av (E)(M)