Trainz Sim NYCTA Pics

Strain

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, what are those support beams called and are they on the DLS? They look much more realistic than the current one that I use in my routes.

They are called elevated railway support I believe.But I rather or suggest you to use the other ones since its more flexibility since it is a spline.The one in the shot is not a spline.

Search "Elevated Railway support" or just "elevated" and stuff will pop up.

Wow those look amazing, can't wait until they're released!

Also, what are those support beams called and are they on the DLS? They look much more realistic than the current one that I use in my routes.

If you're talking about the ones in BStyles' picture with my signals, they're in FloridaRailMaster's elevated pack.

The name is NYCTA IRT Brown Support.

The elevated_railway_support is something entirely different looking.

All of my work will be halted(MARTA).I've and am still getting feedback about the NYCT-(R) route I made for Trainz via emails and youtube comments.Once more subway content is released I will re-work on the (R) from scratch like before.Route is/will run from Astoria,Queens to Bay Ridge and I may do an extension to Gravesend-86th St for the (N).More details and info will come in the next few weeks.I'm hoping to start around my birthday.

All of my work will be halted(MARTA).I've and am still getting feedback about the NYCT-(R) route I made for Trainz via emails and youtube comments.Once more subway content is released I will re-work on the (R) from scratch like before.Route is/will run from Astoria,Queens to Bay Ridge and I may do an extension to Gravesend-86th St for the (N).More details and info will come in the next few weeks.I'm hoping to start around my birthday.

You made an (R) route? Is is on the DLS or where can I download it?

Hey guys--

Just wanted to let you all know that I have finished all of the signals in Sketchup! The next step is importing into GMax, creating attachment points for the heads and nameplates, and exporting to .IM. Then I have to set up the folders, re-configure the .texture files and import them into Trainz for a test. So, while I've reached this awesome milestone--there are several steps left!

I've decided to convert the 2-shot GT into a 2-shot GT Combo, with a fourth head at the very bottom, which will be capable of displaying a lunar-white for a 1-shot GT.

NYCTA2-shotGTcombo.jpg

And lastly, here is the list of NYCTA Signals that I will be releasing in my package:

Normal Signal

1-shot GT

2-shot GT Combo (capable of displaying 1-shot as well)

Caution signal (no Green lens)

Dwarf (no Green lens, for yard interlockings)

Stump/El Signal (shorter stature for elevated structures)

Home Signal (with call-on light)

Home w/ no bottom Green

Home w/ no bottom Yellow

Home Signal Right Diverge (opposite of the normal Home)

ST Signal

Marker Signal

Overhead Signal (used at stations. situated above the platform)

Overhead Caution (no Green lens)

Yard Signal (shorter in stature, all three heads)

And the signal plates WILL be re-nameable, something that wasn't present in Magicland's signals. I thought it would be a nice added touch! :tup:

-A :cool:

No, the triggers are in their own menu. I think it's high time people started learning the physics of Trainz instead of just dragging track across the map and driving trains. A route can only be as realistic as the developer wants it to be.

More Signals are working in game!

ST signal

StationTime.jpg

1-shot GT

One-ShotGT.jpg

Marker

MarkerSignal-1.jpg

Yellow-over-Green Home (notice which way the switch is set)

Main-lineCaution.jpg

Double-Yellow Home (Switch set to Diverge)

HomeDiverge.jpg

Double-Red Home

HomeatDanger.jpg

2-shot GT at red (notice the square for the "S" and the bottom light for a lunar aspect)

2-shotGTatRed.jpg

I have to fix the corona files for the "20" and "S" so they'll stay inside the box. And Sketchup Pro/GMax seem to not communicate well when it comes to the ladders--as you can see. Also, the nameplates will not be re-nameable. I figured just to leave that whole issue alone. The little problems will definitely be fixed when these signals are released in a few weeks!

Edited by Green Eggs n' Pelham

I have solved the ladder problem--still working on resizing the "20" and "S" for the time signals. And I think that the grey color works fine--it's roughly the same color as magicland's signals.

Speaking of which--let me issue a disclaimer right now, as BStyles and I have already discussed this...

When placed side-by-side my signals will SEEM dwarfed by Magicland's. DO NOT WORRY! Mine are 8 1/2 feet tall which are standard height roughly for signals. My Home signals are 9 1/2 feet tall and the el/yard signals are about 5 1/2 feet. The reason Magicland's are so tall is not known--but do not worry about the height difference. In Cab view and in surveyor they look FINE. I just wanted to nip that in the bud before I get 25 PMs and dozens of thread posts about my short signals.

After I figure out the trigger issue, I will release the signals. They are only 25% done in terms of importing to GMax and getting the attachment points fixed.

I am going to focus on some route building this week in Queens and Upper Manhattan--so look out for those.