Trainz Sim NYCTA Pics

Strain

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just realized the green and red coronas on the overhead signals are in the wrong place! :eek:

For some strange reason, the lights are placed in the opposite alignment when on a horizontal signal than with a vertical signal.

Case in point:

Comparison.jpg

This will be fixed before the release. It's just a simple matter of changing the config and telling it which corona lights up which attachment point.

From top of rail to the platform itself is typically 48-51 inches, which translates to 1.25-1.29 meters. As to length, round off to 26 meters and then add 3 up front for clearance. Thus, a 4-car station would be 26*4 +3 = 107 meters long. Top of rail to catenary is about 21.5 feet and you'd want to add another 2-3 feet for overhead clearance. So, do 7.5-8 meters from platform height to walkover floor.

Srry engineerboy6561 but i really didn't get that lol srry so can you just give me the height of the plat and and how high the walk over should be.

he means that the height of the platform is between 1.25 meters and 1.29 meters

then for the walkway the walkway is around 8.0 meters above the platform and the length of the platform should be around 107 meters for 4 car metro north trains.

he means that the height of the platform is between 1.25 meters and 1.29 meters

then for the walkway the walkway is around 8.0 meters above the platform and the length of the platform should be around 107 meters for 4 car metro north trains.

Ok thanks well im running 10 and 12 car trains but iv changed this thread to anything NYC from hear on out so that thees more pics and can someone post pics of Stanford Station please and its measurements please thanks:tup:.

Ok thanks well im running 10 and 12 car trains but iv changed this thread to anything NYC from hear on out so that thees more pics and can someone post pics of Stanford Station please and its measurements please thanks:tup:.

alright strain ill post some pics of stamford station. do you want stamford station greenwich which is also in stamford or the stamford union station where amtrak stops. :confused: but no ill post some pics for you okay? okay:):P

okay the platform length comes around at about 312 meters. this number is based on the m8 running 12 cars but to be safe add 4 meters of clearance at both ends of the platform okay? each car is 26 meters long. but remember 4 meters of clearance for each end of the platform. and here are the pictures you wanted sorry if you dont like them but these are the only ones i have of stamford station

stamfordstation4.jpg

stamfordstation2.jpg

stamfordstation.jpg

stamfordstation3.jpg

im sorry if this aint what your looking for :P:o

Hmm, I think there's a bit of a problem. A terminal can't have 3 tracks and only 2 side platforms because then people can't get out of a train on the middle track.

Other than that I think that it looks pretty good. :(

no you see because the middle track is for layups. its only to store out of service trains not for passengers. i forgot to include that.

here are some more stations. i wont be doing in game because my trainz 2010 got lost in the mail and it will be a while before i order another one

this is my eastern terminal on my fictional 53rd street shuttle

53rdstreetshuttle2.png

this is my western terminal on the 53rd street shuttle

53rdstreetshuttle.png

if you notice in this picture the far 3 tracks to the rightside are throughtracks that connect to the mainline like the 42nd street shuttle at times square.

tell me what you think

hope you like it