Do you believe in god?

EASF

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I don't believe in God or any religion,you guys are entitled to your own beliefs.But from my view ONE guy looking over every single Christian Catholic,and every religion that believes in god,I mean come on 1 guy,and the virgin Mary having a baby,Even though shes a virgin uhhhuhhh.But part of my family is Jewish,there religion is interesting but they to have there faults,like the sea parted to let moses and the rest of the Jewish people leaving/running away from Egypt.Yea oooookkkk. But if you guys believe in god that is your own deal and no one Else's business,sure you may look at me like I'm crazy,but I may be looking at you guys like your crazy to;):P

Personally I don't believe in God or any religion,you guys are entitled to your own beliefs.But from my view ONE guy looking over every single Christian Catholic,and every religion that believes in god,I mean come on 1 guy,and the virgin Mary having a baby,Even though shes a virgin uhhhuhhh.But part of my family is Jewish,there religion is interesting but they to have there faults,like the sea parted to let moses and the rest of the Jewish people leaving/running away from Egypt.Yea oooookkkk. But if you guys believe in god that is your own deal and no one Else's business,sure you may look at me like I'm crazy,but I may be looking at you guys like your crazy to;):P

You are right, everyone is entitled to their own beliefs, but there is actually scientific proof of the parting of the read sea! Saw it on discovery. They examined the sea floor, and found LOTS of supporting evidence. So that is actually a fact! Sorry, just had to add that in.

I will live you pondering on this though Your God in this society are those who have the power to create money. There are the ones who have total control of your life. If you want to know who your God is then find out who their are. It is a naive thing now days to think that we're free human being.

I will live you pondering on this though Your God in this society are those who have the power to create money. There are the ones who have total control of your life. If you want to know who your God is then find out who their are. It is a naive thing now days to think that we're free human being.

And thats why the love of money will remain the root to all evil!

"And thats why the love of money will remain the root to all evil!"

Money is the root to all evil ...I am never amazed ....every time you have a conversation that involves money, it always pop up. Some people like to repeat quotes that have been said beautifully by others but somehow refuse to analyze them. Money is the root to all evil is not a sounded argument. BY repeating that quote, you are implying that money stimulate the cause of evil in all cases. Therefore, where ever an evil act derived from, the roots of it will be the cause of money regardless of the intention. So from your interpretation no evil act can be the cause of something else without excluding money in the picture. Well then how do you explain the story of Romero and Joliette. Unless killing yourself is not an act of evil.

The bottom line is that evil exist in cases that has nothing to do with money. For instant jealousy, love, self defense and depression all can be stimulated by evil and yet have nothing to do with money. Since those acts and emotions can bring about evil without including money in the picture .....then it's not true that money is the root of all evil.

"And thats why the love of money will remain the root to all evil!"

Money is the root to all evil ...I am never amazed ....every time you have a conversation that involves money, it always pop up. Some people like to repeat quotes that have been said beautifully by others but somehow refuse to analyze them. Money is the root to all evil is not a sounded argument. BY repeating that quote, you are implying that money stimulate the cause of evil in all cases. Therefore, where ever an evil act derived from, the roots of it will be the cause of money regardless of the intention. So from your interpretation no evil act can be the cause of something else without excluding money in the picture. Well then how do you explain the story of Romero and Joliette. Unless killing yourself is not an act of evil.

The bottom line is that evil exist in cases that has nothing to do with money. For instant jealousy, love, self defense and depression all can be stimulated by evil and yet have nothing to do with money. Since those acts and emotions can bring about evil without including money in the picture .....then it's not true that money is the root of all evil.

I NEVER said money was the root to all evil. The love of it is! It does not mean that every evil thing done is sourrounded by money. It only means that people who are in love with it usually end up envolved in some kind of evil. The reason why you are never amazed is because most people often mis-quote the phrase and say "money is the root to all evil." That is not the quote, and that is not true. And technically if you want to involve Romeo and Juliette, remember Juliette's family was rich, and thats why they didn't want the two of them together. But actually, I thought you were through debating this point? I know I am.

Now it's even worst. You dug the hole now you want to berry yourself in it. I will help you analyze this quote ...and for the record, I'm not being a smart a$$ ...I just want to help. Anyone can be confuse about the meaning of quote. No one is perfect so please do not take this the wrong way.

" The love of money is the root to all evil " I believe that's the correction you made ...right. If the quote stated that the love of money is the root to some evil ....No one would have been able to argued against it. But it said ALL EVIL. All means all. If something is a hole then it can't be a part at the same time. Where as many parts make a hole, a hole can be downsize into many parts. However, they are described as either or depending on their formation. In a sense to say part is a hole is a contradiction. Therefore if I hit my wife because she fail to change my daughter's pamper. Base on your interpretation, it would be because of the love for money. This example is only valid if you're agree that hitting someone is an act of evil. If you agree then your correction then is invalid.

The story of Romeo (thank you for the correction) and Jolliette perhaps was a bad example ......therefore you're right in a sense because the root cause of them end it up killing themselves was due to money. I felicitate you for catching that.

Last point ...we are not debating the existing of God here. The argument is simply base on a quote .....I only hope that you see the fault in the quote. Otherwise this convo was for nothing.

You are right, everyone is entitled to their own beliefs, but there is actually scientific proof of the parting of the read sea! Saw it on discovery. They examined the sea floor, and found LOTS of supporting evidence. So that is actually a fact! Sorry, just had to add that in.

Don't forget that some scientist believe they have found Noah's Ark in some mountains!

Now it's even worst. You dug the hole now you want to berry yourself in it. I will help you analyze this quote ...and for the record, I'm not being a smart a$$ ...I just want to help. Anyone can be confuse about the meaning of quote. No one is perfect so please do not take this the wrong way.

" The love of money is the root to all evil " I believe that's the correction you made ...right. If the quote stated that the love of money is the root to some evil ....No one would have been able to argued against it. But it said ALL EVIL. All means all. If something is a hole then it can't be a part at the same time. Where as many parts make a hole, a hole can be downsize into many parts. However, they are described as either or depending on their formation. In a sense to say part is a hole is a contradiction. Therefore if I hit my wife because she fail to change my daughter's pamper. Base on your interpretation, it would be because of the love for money. This example is only valid if you're agree that hitting someone is an act of evil. If you agree then your correction then is invalid.

The story of Romeo (thank you for the correction) and Jolliette perhaps was a bad example ......therefore you're right in a sense because the root cause of them end it up killing themselves was due to money. I felicitate you for catching that.

Last point ...we are not debating the existing of God here. The argument is simply base on a quote .....I only hope that you see the fault in the quote. Otherwise this convo was for nothing.

No I fully understand, and respect your viewpoint. But I can tell that you as well are misinterpreting the meaning. You said "If I hit my wife because she fail to change my daughter's pamper. Base on your interpretation, it would be because of the love for money." This lets me know that you are not analyzing the quote correctly. "For the love of Money Is the root to all evil" means that when people are in love with money, as a collective whole, they can/will do anything to get it. Therefore that LOVE, IS the root to all evil deeds. It does not mean that it is the root to all evil done in the world. It only means that if one is in love with it, they are enclined to do evil to keep it, and get more. In other words, research proves that the love of money has resulted in every type of evil there has ever been. It has nothing to do with evil that is not related to the love of money. Do you understand what I am saying now?

Don't forget that some scientist believe they have found Noah's Ark in some mountains!

Thanks P! I did see that on Discovery too some time ago. Almost forgot.

The love of money is the root to all evil. If I love money and I created an evil act does it necessarily must relate to money. An act can be evil and yet has nothing to do with money. It is because of that fact we say that the quote has fault. If the love of money is the root to all evil then all evil act must derived from money. Hitting my wife would be considered an evil act but yet it has nothing to do with money. Because of that we say not all evil act are due because of money. that it..

The love of money is the root to all evil. If I love money and I created an evil act does it necessarily must relate to money. An act can be evil and yet has nothing to do with money. It is because of that fact we say that the quote has fault. If the love of money is the root to all evil then all evil act must derived from money. Hitting my wife would be considered an evil act but yet it has nothing to do with money. Because of that we say not all evil act are due because of money. that it..

You're still not getting it my dude....... So lets just leave it alone. I planely stated in so many words that an act can be evil, yet it has nothing to do with money. Maybe you should re-read my last post.

You stated:

"This lets me know that you are not analyzing the quote correctly. "For the love of Money Is the root to all evil" means that when people are in love with money, as a collective whole, they can/will do anything to get it. Therefore that LOVE, IS the root to all evil deeds. It does not mean that it is the root to all evil done in the world."

You giving me your own interpretation which I'm not concern with. I'm only concern about what the quote stated. I've given you examples but yet you still don't get it. What part of all do you not understand. You can not categorize all evil to prove your point. All means all ...there is no exception.

"The love of money is the root to all evil" If it's the root to all evil then they shouldn't be any exception. It's like President George Bush saying you either with us or against us. They is no exception here. All include every case where an evil act is involve.

• 10 months later...

I don't think its believe IN god or not, i think you have to assume there is a god to believe in or not. I think the wording should be "do you believe there is a god".

No, not really. I think humans have always partially turned towards spooky unknown stuff because part of us is still afraid to be alone, and most people can't comprehend the idea of death and your consciousness ending. Weird idea that isn't popular, however i'm 100% comfortable with the idea of ending and not existing or remembering my life or existing after death. We are like a tree. We grow, grow, grow, then die, then become back to the ground, and then other trees grow where we were.

- A

It's called evolution my friend. Science has proof. Science 1 - God 0.

Actually, religion IS science when it comes to the bible. The details in the bible through the life story of jesus describe the movements of the sun through different times in the year.

The bible is all hearsay. It's not fact.

see that is true and then again tis not true. The literal occuracnces such as

the birth, death, and ressurection of christ did not actually happen but instead are symbolic of the movements of the sun through the solstices. For example...the sun and earth are further apart during the fall and winter...and the hours of night increase. It remains like this until the hours of day light start to increase at a slow rate, so in essence, the sun is " born again " through the hours of night decreasing and the hours of light increasing...and it just so happens that when the sun is " born ", this occurence happens on the 25th of december. wow..december 25...the birth of christ.

see that is true and then again tis not true. The literal occuracnces such as

the birth, death, and ressurection of christ did not actually happen but instead are symbolic of the movements of the sun through the solstices. For example...the sun and earth are further apart during the fall and winter...and the hours of night increase. It remains like this until the hours of day light start to increase at a slow rate, so in essence, the sun is " born again " through the hours of night decreasing and the hours of light increasing...and it just so happens that when the sun is " born ", this occurence happens on the 25th of december. wow..december 25...the birth of christ.

While i do believe in God(if anyone wants to know why i believe please PM in private & I explain)as someone who nearly die in a life changing experience. With that said, releglion is abused way too much in this world and expolited like drugs and sex. I refuse to believe that as Human beings we were created as an 'accident.' if that the case(people created in darwinsm), we as Human should like rats right now:cool:.

Just my takes.

Archived