NBA, NHL and other sports thread Fall 2010

Shortline Bus

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ratings might be high, but the quality of play will be lackadaisical, just like last year's Xmas game with the Lakers. Most of those players don't even want to be there.

Very true. 98% of the NBA players don't even like playing on Christmas Day and thus why most of the X-Mas Days going back to the early '70's when the Knicks was like the NBA version of the Lions/Cowboys in hosting that Special Holiday broadcast are usually lacklaster.

Lebron took his talents back to Quicken Loans and went hot for 38 points. Too bad he cant do that against the Playoff teams.

Very true. I turned it off after the middle of the 3rd period. The only 'excitment' was the introduction and start of the game. This is by far the best the so called 'superteam' has looked this season against a Cavs team that is now a lottery team.

FYI. Off topic but "Quicken Loans' is a horrible name for a sports stadium. I know the Cavs Owner is CEO of Quicken Loans but still that place should still be called "Gund Arena' after the late and long time Cleveland Owner.

Let's have some fun... I have TTK...

Lakers dropped 4 of there last 5 games. Should they be worried NO. When Andrew Bynum gets back, Gasol will be able to get the rest he needs. Right now he is playing 39-44 mins a game and Phil Jackson doesnt trust the rookie Derek Character for long stretches of games. Everything is fine for the Lakers, they are champions for a reason.

Little thing called law of averages, my friend.... Same thing will happen w/ the Spurs, who got like what, 2 or 3 losses right now... haven't really been following the NBA like that...

I still don't think the superteam (as you coin it... lol) will overtake the Lakers this year... a hell of an assumption there, I know... But you have to question when a squad has to bring in 3 "superstars" to defeat one man in battle...

to hell w/ david & goliath...

this would be like snap, crackle, and pop trying to defeat tony the tiger !!

to quote that guy on subchat...

ROAR !!

And barring serious injuries, to either Kobe or Garsiol they are a good chance for a 3-peat as NBA World Champions.

I know it's only a month into the regular season, but Garisol now has to rank among the top5 basketball players on the planet. Yet ESPN who always 'kiss butt' to Lebraon never hardly mentions Garisol. Hate to say it but is it because Garsiol is not an US Citizen and why he has yet to get major American commerical deals?

1) ESPN has an east coast bias anyway, period...

(TNT has more of a west-coast bias when it comes to the NBA...)

2) it has squat to do with him not being a US citizen...

two words

Yao Ming.

3) unstoppable metaphor #104:

ESPN not only puts lipstick on that pig... but it also provides the lipstick.

I wonder if someone out there in the world was so bored as to count how many consecutive days where the name LeBron has been mentioned in some way, shape, or form on sportcenter(especially)...

smooches.

now if bron-bron can only borrow those lips Kenyon Martin got tattooed on his neck, to leave imprints on his ass with...

4) your misspellings are funny... it's almost like you do it on purpose :P

Ratings might be high, but the quality of play will be lackadaisical, just like last year's Xmas game with the Lakers. Most of those players don't even want to be there.

aye aye captain obvious....

I wonder what will get higher tv ratings the "lebraon' return to Cleveland or the Houston/Philly NFL game on NFL Network?:eek:

Put it to you like this...

I'd rather watch bull riding on Versus... or the WWE on sci-fi...

know why? because I have the literal ability to do so...

I don't know of one person that has the NFL Network... reminds me of when sirius satellite radio came about... it was like a where's waldo approach as to find out how many people had that shit...

but yet you get people like howard stern saying his channel gets millions of views.... yeah, ok...

Lebron took his talents back to Quicken Loans and went hot for 38 points. Too bad he cant do that against the Playoff teams.

2416100250_aa478b3496.jpg

...with the 'd' at the end...

notice how no one seems to be applauding in that pic.

That's how I define LeBron's performance... drab, unentertaining, & tired...

speaking of clapping... what a waste of johnson & johnson's baby powder he claps into the air before every home game...

Very true. I turned it off after the middle of the 3rd period. The only 'excitment' was the introduction and start of the game. This is by far the best the so called 'superteam' has looked this season against a Cavs team that is now a lottery team.

FYI. Off topic but "Quicken Loans' is a horrible name for a sports stadium. I know the Cavs Owner is CEO of Quicken Loans but still that place should still be called "Gund Arena' after the late and long time Cleveland Owner.

Yeah, I'll add to that first paragraph/point.

The cavs played NO defense on him the whole game... they let him do what he wanted... it was like watching a generals vs globetrotters game....

If that's the best performance this squad can muster up, on one of the more bottom-feedingest teams in the league nonetheless, then what does that really say about them...

...and that guidance counselor the Heat have for a coach... knowin good & well that's all he is to them... they don't respect him as a coach, regardless of the facades they may emit in front of some microphone in public view....

and as for Quicken loans... I disagree... it's perfect name for that arena...

full knowing they have no star power anymore, they want any loyal fools (I meant, followers) to get the f**k out of there as soon as the games end....

just as fast as the declination of fans happened when LeBron up & left for Miami...

2416100250_aa478b3496.jpg

......and that guidance counselor the Heat have for a coach... knowin good & well that's all he is to them... they don't respect him as a coach, regardless of the facades they may emit in front of some microphone in public view....

and as for Quicken loans... I disagree... it's perfect name for that arena...

full knowing they have no star power anymore, they want any loyal fools (I meant, followers) to get the f**k out of there as soon as the games end....

just as fast as the declination of fans happened when LeBron up & left for Miami...

Good point bro. Prior to Lebraon's leaving, I heard the Cavs had a 10,000 person waiting list for season tickets. Now by the end of the season the former Gund Arena will be a ghost town.

Plus the Browns (they slightly improve this current 2010 NFL season) and Indians the area's '2' other sports teams also now suck so you got feel bad for people living in Cleveland right now.

And for that current Heat Coach, He better keep winning or else the 'fat lady' known as Pat Riley is taken over.:eek:

NBA buys the New Orleans Hornets. And ther days could be numbered in New Orleans if the attendence stays below 14,000 fans. Just saw it on NBATV which stays on 24/7 in my room l0l.

Another note Andrew Bynum is scheduled to return to the Lakers sometime on there upcoming 7 Game rd trip, or should I say 6 Game rd trip, since the 1st rd game starts at Staples Center vs. the Clippers.

NBA buys the New Orleans Hornets. And ther days could be numbered in New Orleans if the attendence stays below 14,000 fans. Just saw it on NBATV which stays on 24/7 in my room l0l.

Another note Andrew Bynum is scheduled to return to the Lakers sometime on there upcoming 7 Game rd trip, or should I say 6 Game rd trip, since the 1st rd game starts at Staples Center vs. the Clippers.

Plus the NBA already failed in New Orleans when the Jazz moved to Utah prior to start 1980/81 season. The Hornets only did well couple of seasons back when they made game #7 of NBA West Semifinals. NO is a NFL/College Football hotbed that drinks/smells it football 365 days a year. That why not even a MLB Baseball team has ever been there.

If the Hornets does have to leave NO, I think they will go to Seattle. Part of the former Sonics agreement to go to OKC was that Seattle would get either a re-located or expansion team by 2012. There are too many NBA teams in the nation's South/SW region. It won't matter as there might be a long lockout at end of the 2011 NBA Finals in June.

If the NBA is smart they will move NO to Seattle. And from what David stern said they have to right to break the lease with the Hornets Arena if the attendence doesnt increase. They can break the lease as early as the end of this season I think he said. As you said the South/SW region has way too many teams. The Hornets should be a east team anyways.

If the NBA is smart they will move NO to Seattle. And from what David stern said they have to right to break the lease with the Hornets Arena if the attendence doesnt increase. They can break the lease as early as the end of this season I think he said. As you said the South/SW region has way too many teams. The Hornets should be a east team anyways.

The Hornets were oringally in Charlotte, NC but left because of their selfffish owner Shinn wanting to avoid possibly going to jail in an accussed sexual assult case. Shinn used the demand for getting a new buliding for the Hornets and left in middle of long term contract with Charlottee in which David Stern and other owners paid. Plus Charlotte got another team now owned by Micheal Jordan.

Not to mention NO never gave the Hornets a new arena as promised (delayed because of Hurricane Katrina)and now Shinn has given up the team to the NBA? Maybe only good is that Chris Paul goes to the Knicks. The NBA really needs a strong NY team for better tv ratings.

Shinn is one of the worst Owners of the '4' major North American sports leagues. At least he gone running a team.

After nearly 10 years of suffering, the Knicks are relevant again. Amare Stoudemire is a potential MVP candidate. Wilson Chandler is a (somewhat) legitimate second option. Raymond Felton isn't as good as Chris Paul or Deron Williams but he's getting the job done. The Knicks won't beat the Celtics or Heat. However, the Knicks going to the 2nd round of the playoffs is within the realm of reality.

After nearly 10 years of suffering, the Knicks are relevant again. Amare Stoudemire is a potential MVP candidate. Wilson Chandler is a (somewhat) legitimate second option. Raymond Felton isn't as good as Chris Paul or Deron Williams but he's getting the job done. The Knicks won't beat the Celtics or Heat. However, the Knicks going to the 2nd round of the playoffs is within the realm of reality.

Remember too my friend, the Knicks good record so far as of 12/11/10 has been mostly against the league' worst teams other than the Celtics.

There is a 95% chance The Knicks won't be in the 2011 NBA Finals next June but finally MSG is becoming a 'hot place' again for NBA Basketball. In a very weak Eastern Division this season, NY could if things break right make the

2nd round.:confused:

and as for today's game vs Denver.....

With the Giants 'snowed out' vs the Vikings I watched 2nd half of the game vs Denver and Mr. Anothny. Good offensive game as it reminded me of a NBA game from the early 1980's i.e both teams scoring over 110 points.

NY won but what got my attention watching that game this afternoon

(12/11/10)was how the close to (might be a full 'sell out')MSG crowd was the loudest for a regular season game not inolving Kobe or Lebaron in about 10 years.

Again not to get too off topic I don't understand why the Knicks and Nets are both playing Sunday afternoon games directly vs. the NFL. if this was January-March that cool as way to get kids and families to watch the game.

In a busy sports weekend, Univ of Michigan Stadium normally the 'home' for the football team has made news. Their game vs. cross town rival Michigan State has set a world record for largest crowd ever to see a hockey game.

Over 110,000 fans attended the game.

And the 2011 Winter Classic is just a few weeks away on New Years Day (Jan. 1, 2011)with the Pens and Captials playing at Pittsburgh's Heinz Stadium home of the NFL Steelers.

Remember too my friend, the Knicks good record so far as of 12/11/10 has been mostly against the league' worst teams other than the Celtics.

There is a 95% chance The Knicks won't be in the 2011 NBA Finals next June but finally MSG is becoming a 'hot place' again for NBA Basketball. In a very weak Eastern Division this season, NY could if things break right make the

2nd round.:confused:

No one is that delusional. Just because the Knicks are hot now, doesn't mean a thing. They still have to beat the likes of Boston, Orlando, Miami. I do think that if they get Carmello, they put themselves on those teams' level.

But if they stay this pace, there's no reason why they can't make the playoffs.

Archived