A couple of question about transfers

Abba

Im posting this here because the majority of what I want to know is about Buses.First of all what is the longest time you went being able to transfer from Bus-Subway etc... And how does the 3 way bus transfer work?

Standard transfer time between buses and buses or the subway is 2 hours. There is a 3-way bus transfer allowed in 2 cases:

-Between 3 LIB buses going in the same transfers

-Between an SI bus, the SIR, and certain subways/buses in Downtown

There may be some other transfer restrictions/exceptions regarding certain routes. In particular, can someone confirm that the transfer exceptions listed on Wikipedia are true?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_City_transit_fares#Bus

Standard transfer time between buses and buses or the subway is 2 hours. There is a 3-way bus transfer allowed in 2 cases:

There may be some other transfer restrictions/exceptions regarding certain routes. In particular, can someone confirm that the transfer exceptions listed on Wikipedia are true?

They're true, but it needs to be updated

The B61/B62 transfer does work so you can do the following transfers..

Any bus>B61/B62

Any bus>B62/B61

B62>B61>any bus

B61>B62>any bus

Its a bit longer than 2 hours. Idk the exact time but I've gotten transfers in 2hours 15mins before.

Its 2 hours & 18 mins...all the metrocards/transfers/single rides use the 18 minute rule. Whenever they say a card expires, there's an 18 minure grace period

2hr 18mins time is correct.....

I also think there's a transfer for the Q50/Bx23 someone correct me If Im wrong...Also the Q44/20 as well.

Also all MTAB Express buses get a free transfer to/from the BXM18 to/from downtown to midtown.....It's only really meant for other BX express buses since only the 18 goes downtown...But it works on the QM's and BM's as well...Haven't tried on the NYCT express buses and the 18

2hr 18mins time is correct.....

I also think there's a transfer for the Q50/Bx23 someone correct me If Im wrong...Also the Q44/20 as well.

Also all MTAB Express buses get a free transfer to/from the BXM18 to/from downtown to midtown.....It's only really meant for other BX express buses since only the 18 goes downtown...But it works on the QM's and BM's as well...Haven't tried on the NYCT express buses and the 18

I'm pretty sure you get free transfers between any express bus routes

I have a question too. What do you do if you're riding a SBS bus having paid with coins and you intend to transfer to the subway later?

You would still have to pay an extra fare to get on the train. You paid your fare in coins to get on the bus.

There is also a double transfer on the B6 , if it is in the middle;

I don't remember how, but the Bx29/12 and M10/20.

I wrote them and asked. I have done the B6 but not the others.

I believe if you're riding a B6 bus that terminates at ConeyIsland Av & Av6 and you get on a B6 going to Bensonhurst, then you can get a extra transfer.

I think this also applies to other bus lines that terminate before their actual destinations.

I believe there is a 3 legged SI transfer for any bus crossing an SIR station.

If you are on a B6 at CI ave, or B82 at Bay 38 st, drivers usually give a paper transfer for the next through bus.

Yes. You can take the subway/local bus to the Staten Island Ferry, transfer to the SIR, and transfer again to a local bus for one fare.

Archived