East New York Depot gets a rehab

East New York

B7 Flatbush

B12 Gleason (If Gleason, they should give the B43 back to Grand and interline with the B16)

B14 Fresh Pond

B15 Grand Avenue

B17 Flatbush

B25 Grand Avenue

B42 Flatbush

B45 Gleason

B65 Gleason

B82 Ulmer

B83 Fresh Pond (interline with the B20)

Q24 Jamaica

Q56 Jamiaca (if Jamaica doesn't have room, one should go to either Fresh Pond or Stengal)

That's a lot of routes. This will be a problem for the time it's closed. Flatbush is chock full. Gleason probably has room due to the loss of their routes at the cuts. Grand is operating under max, but once the the B44SBS comes around... I don't know how TA expects to distribute these routes. Spring Creek will NEED to become TA, and maybe even move some of the express runs out of SC to JFK, FR or BS to make room)

B7 Flatbush

B12 Gleason (If Gleason, they should give the B43 back to Grand and interline with the B16)

B14 Fresh Pond

B15 Grand Avenue

B17 Flatbush

B25 Grand Avenue

B42 Flatbush

B45 Gleason

B65 Gleason

B82 Ulmer

B83 Fresh Pond (interline with the B20)

Q24 Jamaica

Q56 Jamiaca (if Jamaica doesn't have room, one should go to either Fresh Pond or Stengal)

That's a lot of routes. This will be a problem for the time it's closed. Flatbush is chock full. Gleason probably has room due to the loss of their routes at the cuts. Grand is operating under max, but once the the B44SBS comes around... I don't know how TA expects to distribute these routes. Spring Creek will NEED to become TA, and maybe even move some of the express runs out of SC to JFK, FR or BS to make room)

I think there is plenty of room JG prior to the opening of GA held 320 buses (and its pretty big), flatbush may have to park a few buses outside, fresh pond has about 60 buses fewer than there were before Grand Ave opened. GA is operating under capacity at 144 buses, when it can hold 200. Spring Creek. Ulmer Park may have some room due to the june service cuts. Then again, we will all see what happens in due time.

I think there is plenty of room JG prior to the opening of GA held 320 buses (and its pretty big), flatbush may have to park a few buses outside, fresh pond has about 60 buses fewer than there were before Grand Ave opened. GA is operating under capacity at 144 buses, when it can hold 200. Spring Creek. Ulmer Park may have some room due to the june service cuts. Then again, we will all see what happens in due time.

One thing could be relieved by transferring part of B44 and part of the B46 to Grand Avenue (with the B43 gone, it would have about 125 buses). Flatbush could then take in the B17 and B42.

As I see it, the B15 should go to JFK, displacing the Q11 and/or the Q41 to Far Rockaway (the MTA's smallest garage). Everything else could fall into place from there. The Q24 and Q56 could go to Jamaica with the Q17 going to Stengel.

What is for sure is that RBO will need to be fully operational for this to work out, as routes will need to be moved between NYC Transit and MTA Bus, as if ENY is unavailable, it would require massive shifts among routes involving four different unions.

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/DMD64) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

that reminds me of LaGuardia Depot, lol.

Lol that whole block is full of buses lol...sometimes the Q33 has to take a detour around it

• 10 months later...

B7-Flatbush

B12-Flatbush

B14-Spring Creek

B15-Grand Avenue

B20-Fresh Pond/Spring Creek

B25-Grand Av

B42-Flatbush or Spring Creek

B45-Jackie Gleason

B65-Jackie Gleason

B82-Ulmer Park

B83-Spring Creek

Q24-JFK/Casey Stengel

Q56-JFK/Casey Stengel

B7-Flatbush

B12-Flatbush

B14-Spring Creek

B15-Grand Avenue

B20-Fresh Pond/Spring Creek

B25-Grand Av

B42-Flatbush or Spring Creek

B45-Jackie Gleason

B65-Jackie Gleason

B82-Ulmer Park

B83-Spring Creek

Q24-JFK/Casey Stengel

Q56-JFK/Casey Stengel

The rehab is underway, and the buses wont be going anywhere. And even if they did, those BC depots would be totally out of the question.

The paint shop is being replaced, they are building a truck repair shop, and a couple minor upgragdes. I hear more will come in the near future when the new TA/BC command center is constructed.

They're building a completely new truck shop or are they adding on to the old one?

They're building a completely new truck shop or are they adding on to the old one?

They are converting one of the paint shops into a truck maintenance shop. I have to look up the work order for the details. I will double check to make sure as soon as I get back to my computer.

• 9 months later...

The rehab is underway, and the buses wont be going anywhere. And even if they did, those BC depots would be totally out of the question.

B7-FLA

B12-FLA OR FP

B14-FP

B17-FLA

B15-GA

B25-GA OR FP

B42-FLA

B45-JG

B65-JG

B82-UP

B83-FP

Q24-FP

Q56-FP

all RTS will go Other Depots

6558-6624 will go back FP or some GA and UP

6790-6847 WILL GO FLA, UP or GA

B7-FLA

B12-FLA OR FP

B14-FP

B17-FLA

B15-GA

B25-GA OR FP

B42-FLA

B45-JG

B65-JG

B82-UP

B83-FP

Q24-FP

Q56-FP

all RTS will go Other Depots

6558-6624 will go back FP or some GA and UP

6790-6847 WILL GO FLA, UP or GA

Reading is fundamental...

2 depot will be shut down due to rehab ( East New York Depot ) & who forgot 126 street depot it MaBSTOA ( Manhattan and Bronx surface transportation authority ) lil confused.

126 street depot supposed to be shut down due to rehab when Mother Clara Hale Depot re-open? i maybe wrong.

Archived