Cars with rail fan windows

Bus Guy

There aren't many railfan windows left. The R32 Brightliners on the (C) are your best bet. The (C) runs from 168th Street-Broadway to Euclid Avenue as a local.

You can also try PATH. The PA-1 through PA-4 cars. PATH runs from 33d Street to 9th Street on Sixth Avenue and from the World Trade Center to Hoboken, Pavonia Avenue-Newport, Exchange Place, Grove Street, Journal Square (Jersey City), Harrison, and Newark (Newark Penn Station). From just west of Grove Street to Newark is outdoors and an interesting run.

Hey, Im coming to nyc in the spring and im not 100% sure which cars have rail fan windows so a little help would be nice. Thanks

(C) you have nothing But R32's runs everyday after 10pm the (C) doesn't run

The (J) R42's there is about 4 sets running during the week (rush hours you have about 2 on the (J) and 2 on the (Z)((Z) runs AM and PM Rush Hours Peak direction only) Weekends Be on the (J) line between 7 or 8am and 4:30 Pm you would see about 1 or 2 R42's out on the (J) running

Best Area to wait is Alabama ave island Platform

(7) Flushing bound only runs all times

if your lucky you can grab the all single set on the (7) that has RFW on both sides

It also depends on what type of view you want. The (C) runs completely underground. So if you want a view I suggest the (J)/(Z), and the (7).

If you don't get the concept of railfan windows, and I did see railfan windows when the (Mx) ran on the West End Elevated with the R42's I suggest you watch the video below of an R42 on the (Z).

This one below is an R40S on the (:P crossing the Manhattan Bridge.

Archived