GO ALERT: No R service!

Amtrak7

Weekend of Jan 16:

(N) No trains between Queensboro Plaza and Times Square-42 St

(N) Trains run local in both directions via (R) the between Canal St and 59 St, Brooklyn

Innocent-looking, right? Well, what to make of this note on the bottom of the (N) via (R) GO?

Note: No (R) trains running during this time.

Looks like they don't want to send the (R) via Sixth Av anymore.

For a second i thought it was an emergency, but rather a problem weekkkkkkkks away, which the t/a can cancel it anytime!

And how would you know if they cut the (R) to QNS becuz of the (N)?

Maybe there is 2 works being done along the BMT

On another note wheres the (Q) ending? Same place? For that id end at 57th Street and do some swaps!

Weekend of Jan 16:

Innocent-looking, right? Well, what to make of this note on the bottom of the (N) via (R) GO?

Looks like they don't want to send the (R) via Sixth Av anymore.

Amtrak at times you post good topics/replies. However why create something so early? Let's get thru the holidays first before we worry about this.

Not to mention January anything can happen in middle of winter. Snowstorms can also cancel this G/O as well.:eek:

likely the (E) or (F) will run local to make up for the lost (R) service

uugh no Express Queens Blvd Service. Now that Double sucks b/c I wanted to get shots @ 179 Street.

I think what they might do is have some (F)'s go express, and some local as I saw previously.;)

uugh no Express Queens Blvd Service. Now that Double sucks b/c I wanted to get shots @ 179 Street.

I think what they might do is have some (F)'s go express, and some local as I saw previously.:P

so, the (F) will still run to 179th Street no matter if its express or making local stops

I think what they might do is have some (F)'s go express, and some local as I saw previously.:P

yes the E and F will run.

They did this two weekends in the summer.

No R from Queens plaza , so the E ran to the city.

When they ran the R, the E ran on the F line when they were fixing the express track from Roosevelt to Queens Plaza.

S/F,

CEYA!

Preliminary details:

(R) No trains running

(E)(F)(N)(Q) trains and free shuttle buses provide alternate service

Weekend, 10:30 PM Fri to 4 AM Mon, Jan 14 - 17

Free shuttle buses run between 95 and 59 Sts, Brooklyn.

Making stops at Bay Ridge Av, 77 and 86 Sts.

Transfer between shuttle buses and the (N) train at 59 St.

(N) trains run local via the between 59 St, Brooklyn and Canal St, Manhattan.

(Q) trains run local in Manhattan between Canal St and 57 St-7 Av.

(E) trains run local between Queens Plaza and Forest Hills-71 Av.

(F) trains run local between 21 St-Queensbridge and Forest Hills-71 Av.

Please check back for additional details after Monday, Jan 10.

This is the first time I've seen "please check back later for more details".

It's weekend service less trains then weekdays... they might add one or two from weekday service.. duh!

On the contrary, they have ran extra trains when the (F) was entirely local along with the (E), so we'll just have to wait and see when the time comes. The chances of seeing any R46s on the (E) and (F) is relatively low, as some said, it would likely be extra R160s being pushed into service, but we'll have to wait and see on this one.

I would not be suprised if they took some R160's from C.I. to put on the (E)/(F), like the R160B-2 Seimens (R). I mean alstom sets would go to the (E) or (F), and they would run some R68A's on the (N) from the (B) since its happening during the weekend and the (:o Will not run.

I would not be suprised if they took some R160's from C.I. to put on the (E)/(F), like the R160B-2 Seimens (R). I mean alstom sets would go to the (E) or (F), and they would run some R68A's on the (N) from the (B) since its happening during the weekend and the (:o Will not run.

Dont even push your luck on that one......

did you read the last half of the post? The R160 Alstom NOT SEIMENS will go to the (E)(F) for that day if they dont have enough cars. I said "seimens (R) Train" in that video. wrong concept, and can you lower the font size It looks like its flooding the page...:eek:

Archived