GO ALERT: No R service!

Amtrak7

did you read the last half of the post? The R160 Alstom NOT SEIMENS will go to the (E)(F) for that day if they dont have enough cars. I said "seimens (R) Train" in that video. wrong concept, and can you lower the font size It looks like its flooding the page...:eek:

They dont borrow cars from Coney Island, the (E), (F) & (R) lines are hosted out of Jamaica Yard and they use whatever cars that are there. Again, don't push your luck on that one.....you have A LOT to learn.....

did you read the last half of the post? The R160 Alstom NOT SEIMENS will go to the (E)(F) for that day if they dont have enough cars. I said "seimens (R) Train" in that video. wrong concept, and can you lower the font size It looks like its flooding the page...:eek:

It's Siemens not seimens....As being said again Jamaica will have more than enough R160s to make service for that weekend. As much as I would love to see a R46 on the (F)oxy..you are leaning on a 98% chance of that NOT happening.

They dont borrow cars from Coney Island, the (E), (F) & (R) lines are hosted out of Jamaica Yard and they use whatever cars that are there. Again, don't push your luck on that one.....you have A LOT to learn.....

:sigh: uugh. Please, dont start with this. Its a good thread dont bring down the GreenLock.gif's.

It's Siemens not seimens....As being said again Jamaica will have more than enough R160s to make service for that weekend. As much as I would love to see a R46 on the (F)oxy..you are leaning on a 98% chance of that NOT happening.

Oh so is it pronounced "simons" or "seemens?" I could never tell.:confused::confused:

Yeah, but it would overload the local tracks. It won't work. Plus there are people that use express service to get to work you know. A better idea would be to build a line parallel to the existing Queens trunk branch using Cemetery Way which is totally unserved by subway service in Queens. The closest existing train you could send down this branch would be the (G), but this is impossible, because the construction of the Second Avenue Subway is barely working out. How would this line be built. Don't worry about the name Cemetery Way it's the name of the road, because it passes by several cemeteries along the way like Calvary Cemetery.

What work is being done to totally shut down the R train in Brooklyn for at least 3 weekends in January (1/15-1/16, 1/22-1/23, 1/29-1/30)? I'm assuming it's track work between 59th and 95th/Bay Ridge that warrants a complete suspension of service? (The shuttle buses do not run often enough and there are always very large crowds waiting to board.)

Losing the R train entirely for a few weekends changes the D, E, F, N and Q. As a, result the D & N will run local on 4 Av in conjunction with the switch work going on at Pacific St so the R in Brooklyn is out. I see the Whitehall St short turn option is not going to be used this time so the N and Q will have to pick up the slack on Broadway and at least the N will have to run via the tunnel if there is no work in the area.

On a side note, the E and F running local during a R suspension is nothing new and will not overload the local tracks. In my opinion though, only the E should run local with increased service and keep the F express but I can see why the TA will just run both lines local.

Would be nice, I'd love to see some R46s back on the (F).

sorry to say this but the supervisor so called banned them from the (F), it would be all R160's if possible the (E) would take the ®'s R46's but they have extra R160's,so they would just simply lay up all the R46's.

They should just send the (N) or the (Q) to 71st,would have been so much easier just via 63rd, it would be nice to see (N) trains at 21st st queensbridge.

sorry to say this but the supervisor so called banned them from the (F), it would be all R160's if possible the (E) would take the ®'s R46's but they have extra R160's,so they would just simply lay up all the R46's.

They should just send the (N) or the (Q) to 71st,would have been so much easier just via 63rd, it would be nice to see (N) trains at 21st st queensbridge.

They cant do that tho, that same weekend they got the (N) turning at TSQ, nothing can go past 57 St that weekend, there doing construction, so thats another problem......

What is preventing the R from running shuttle service in Brooklyn every 10 minutes between 36th and 95th all weekend long, like they've done in the past? It would certainly be cheaper than hiring additional drivers for shuttle buses for at least 3 weekends in a row.

Does anyone know what specific track-work is scheduled for at least 3 weekends in Bay Ridge to warrant shuttle bus service? Will these shuttle buses continue throughout February & March weekends? The buses are crush-loaded and passengers often have to wait for 3 or 4 buses to get on (with each bus coming every 5 minutes).

How about they run the (R) via the (F) to 57 Street/7 Av?

they can't: (N)(Q) Trains are terminating @ 57 Street-7 Avenue, the only way the (R) can get down there is by use of the express tracks, and thats where the (N)(Q) Terminates.:cool:

Archived