Subway miracle Woman run over on tracks - and lives!

Broadway Local

24.1n015.nearmiss1--300x150.jpg

A woman miraculously survived being run over by a train yesterday after plunging onto the tracks of a Midtown subway station.

Renee Bluestone, 52, fell in front of an uptown No. 6 train after swaying back and forth on a platform in the busy 59th Street station at around noon, police and MTA officials said.

Bluestone -- a petite, long-haired blonde who was wearing sunglasses -- fortunately landed in the trough between the tracks before she was run over by the first three cars of the train, according to MTA workers and other witnesses.

She was pulled back to the platform by fellow straphangers and seated on a bench, where they tried to calm her.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/subway_miracle_HaRmNrAcK1kj1i4NMNRDwN#ixzz19EpyQhUD

People are naturally stupid..If you are feeling sick why would you stand that close to the edge of the platform? WHY WOULD ANYONE stand that close to the edge of the platform in general? morons....

The problem now a days is society is over civilized. People who were too dumb (or were just not meant to) live long in the past before technology, science, and law, didnt live very long. There was a natural order to things. Now even the dumbest of the dumb grow old on this earth, wasting space etc...

What's with all these people getting hurt on the (6)?

I noticed that same thing...maybe its just a coincidence

That's it. It's time to put platform screen doors on the Lexington Avenue Line. Overcrowding on that line is too dangerous for a typical passenger's safety.

Are you gonna pay for that?

What's with all these people getting hurt on the (6)?

I can understand it. When I use to take the (6) between GCT to 59th St at rush hour everyday, there were times when I would feel very uncomfortable with being near the edge of the platform. Invariably, overcrowding on the Lex platforms was the issue. The problem was that often when I would arrive on the platform it would often be a light crowd. However, if there were even a minor delay, the platform would swell to the point where people would often be waiting on the stairs because the platform was at capacity. If one begins to feel uncomfortable in that situation, it is virtually impossible to move back. Eventually, I got to the point where, if I began to see it getting overly crowded, I would move back one or two people while I could.

Perhaps I am a little more aware of such things because I had a co-worker pushed off of a platform many years ago. Fortunately she was ok except for some bruises, but it could have been much worse.

People are naturally stupid..If you are feeling sick why would you stand that close to the edge of the platform? WHY WOULD ANYONE stand that close to the edge of the platform in general? morons....

The problem now a days is society is over civilized. People who were too dumb (or were just not meant to) live long in the past before technology, science, and law, didnt live very long. There was a natural order to things. Now even the dumbest of the dumb grow old on this earth, wasting space etc...

You're saying we should let natural selection do its work… (not that I'm against it)

"One In A Million", I guess God was working miracles on her life. That usually happens because many people are always standing right by the edge of the platforms. They have to be more careful, plus they are not watching the gaps, before boarding a trains. Especially stations like, 14st-Union Square(4)(5)(6) line, with the gap fillers, I see some people just standing or walking on the gap fillers, before a train approaches a station, and coming to a complete stop. Also, Times Square-42st (S) Shuttle trains, those gaps is serious.

Lets see if you fall down in the tracks, may be you won't make it. Now how about that!!..

1. I won't be falling on the tracks

2. Even if I -did-, I wouldn't get struck by a train

3. Furthermore, "god" doesn't save people from trains

First, I never asked for your Rude Comments or Opinions, okay!!. I hope that someone pushes you from behind, and you fall and get ran over. Now How About Them Rotten Apples. Now Butt Out If You Don't Have Nothing Nice To Say.

By posting a comment your opening your self to other people's opinions even if you don't want them. And wow, you must be a really sourer person to wish death on someone just because they don't agree with you.

Archived