Going back to a more "retro" design

MainStreetBound7

I've been thinking lately that what if the (MTA) ordered cars in the future that had the same design such as the R27/30. I guess it could be possible to install modern technology's such as automated announcements and FINDS in them. Because personally I miss that classic design.

Please don't troll on this thread please....thats the last thing we need -_____-.

I've been thinking lately that what if the (MTA) ordered cars in the future that had the same design such as the R27/30. I guess it could be possible to install modern technology's such as automated announcements and FINDS in them. Because personally I miss that classic design.

Please don't troll on this thread please....thats the last thing we need -_____-.

Sorry dude, aint happening. Once the (MTA) has a standard design, then they stick to that. Notice how every subway car built from 1948 to 1967 virtually looks the same.

I can sympathize with you but from the looks of it that's gonna be a longshot. However, if the future NTTs had a resemblance like the interiors of the R110s then that would be a sight to see.

I'm all for it....want the white with blue racing stripes back also.:tup:

img_24492.jpg

WERRRD. Also the Redbird R30's, that was my favorite paint scheme they ever had.

On subject = I always liked how the older cars looked, so I'd agree with ya. But the 'TA never changes it's mind with this kind of stuff. The only NTT I agree with is the R-110.

• 2 weeks later...

What an R160B subway car it was! The interior was a robin's egg blue. The seats were a cream-colored rattan with blue stripes. They were a combination longitudinal and transverse and looked comfortable to sit on.

People that were standing in this R160B subway car were holding on to straps attached to a pole.

Outside, it looked like an R160B subway car except on the front were two small rectangles. One was lit red and said "EXP". Over the front door, which had a round window, was a small square which read "Q" and under the Q "BRIGHTON". Next to this was a small rectangle which read "Coney Island" with Coney over Island.

As the train (all ten cars looked the same) approached 34th Street-Herald Square, the C/R came on saying "Dis is 34th Street-Herald Square. Transfer available to the IND. (:o(D)(F) and (V) trains. Dis is a (Q) to Coney Island via Brighton. Watcha closin' doors!".

I've seen that the subway cars R-44 and later models for the B Division have slightly bent sides, even the R-143s and R-160s despite the fact they are 60 feet long. The slightly bent sides of the train somehow make the trains feel less roomier than the older 60 foot trains such as the R-32s and R-40s.

What an R160B subway car it was! The interior was a robin's egg blue. The seats were a cream-colored rattan with blue stripes. They were a combination longitudinal and transverse and looked comfortable to sit on.

People that were standing in this R160B subway car were holding on to straps attached to a pole.

Outside, it looked like an R160B subway car except on the front were two small rectangles. One was lit red and said "EXP". Over the front door, which had a round window, was a small square which read "Q" and under the Q "BRIGHTON". Next to this was a small rectangle which read "Coney Island" with Coney over Island.

As the train (all ten cars looked the same) approached 34th Street-Herald Square, the C/R came on saying "Dis is 34th Street-Herald Square. Transfer available to the IND. (:)(D)(F) and (V) trains. Dis is a (Q) to Coney Island via Brighton. Watcha closin' doors!".

Wow! When and where did you see this?

Archived