If You Could Change One Thing About Each Subway Line

EE Broadway Local

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(A) To Far Rockaway-Mott Av to 207 Street ONLY.

(C) To Lefferts Boulevard. Late Nights via Shuttle: Lefferts to Euclid.

(D) No Late Night Brooklyn Local

(E) Queens Boulevard Express all times

(F) Culver Express

(N) Broadway Express

(R) Runs all times

(W) Astoria - Whitehall St

(Z)-Midday Service

(3)-Late Nights-148 St to 34 Street

(4)-Late Night Express

(B)(G)(J)(L)(M)(Q)(S)(1)(2)(5)(6)<6>(7)<7>-Same B)

Well, If I were to change the type of subway cars on every line, I would:

(1) R62/A

(2) R142

(3) R62/A

(4) R142/A

(5) R142

(6) R62A

(7) R142A/R188 (keep a few R62A)

(A) R32

(B) R32

(C) R46

(D) R68/A

(E) R32

(F) R160

(G) R160

(H) R46

(J) R32/42

(L) R143/R160

(M) R160 (they need them - R42's only have (Mx))

(N) R68A

(Q) R68A

(R) R160

(S): 42 St-R62A/R110A (arent some still good? if not rebuild some then put them on one track)

Franklin Av: R68

(T) (If it gets built) R211

(Z) R42/R160

(SIR) R179

The R32's should go on all the express lines.

Well, If I were to change the type of subway cars on every line, I would:

1) R62/A

(2) R142

(3) R62/A

(4) R142/A

(5) R142

(6) R62A

(7) R142A/R188 (keep a few R62A)

(A) R32

(B) R32

(C) R46

(D) R68/A

(E) R32

(F) R160

(G) R160

(H) R46

(J) R32/42

(L) R143/R160

(M) R160 (they need them R42's only have (Mx)

(N) R68A

(Q) R68A

(R) R160

(S): 42 St-R110A (arent some still good? if not rebuild some then put them on one track)

Franklin Av: R68

(T) (If it gets built) R211

(Z) R42/R160

(SIR) R179

The R32's should go on all the express lines.

Why are you going back in time with technology?

Giving the (6)(A)(B)(E)(N)(Q) crappy cars??

Thank god you guys are only talking about the subway, I'd be scared about your ideas for buses... horse drawn carriages are so old fashion but you want them right??

Thank god you guys are only talking about the subway, I'd be scared about your ideas for buses... horse drawn carriages are so old fashion but you want them right??

Time for a ban?

the R32 & R62A are now Annoyed at you.

anyway, a message to the R32's: congrats you made it into 2011! Your not crappy at all! long live the R32's and I will be :cry:ing when they are gone B)

anyway, a message to the R32's: congrats you made it into 2011! Your not crappy at all! long live the R32's and I will be :cry:ing when they are gone B)

And I'm the one who needs help? I'm not crying over a train!

Guest lance25

Guys, Gorgor likes the NTTs, so what? Let's move on and get back on topic.

P.S. Gorgor, like it or not, Pelham will be getting R62As when the swap occurs with Corona.

P.S. Gorgor, like it or not, Pelham will be getting R62As when the swap occurs with Corona.

Corona's the yard on the (7) right? If it is, how are they switching out the cars? Are they gonna put them on trucks or something cause there's no connection between the (6) and (7), even if you used some other tracks right?

Corona's the yard on the (7) right? If it is, how are they switching out the cars? Are they gonna put them on trucks or something cause there's no connection between the (6) and (7), even if you used some other tracks right?

They could send the trains over the crossover @ QBP, but idk what happens after that.

Guest lance25
Yeah I know that but they'll have to run all the sets through the BMT to where? There's no crossover from the (1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6) to IND/BMT.

Corona to Pelham:

1. Corona Yard to Queensboro Plaza crossing over to the express tracks at 74 St-Broadway

2. Wrong-rails from west of 33 St to Queensboro Plaza and crosses over to the Astoria (Broadway) line.

3. Broadway line from Queensboro Plaza to Pacific St and crosses from downtown express to uptown express tracks.

4. Pacific St to Bedford Park Blvd via (D) line.

5. continues to Concourse Yard and follows connection to Jerome line

6. continues from north of Kingsbridge Rd to 86 St and reverses to uptown tracks.

7. normal route to Pelham Yard.

(1): put the R142/142As from the (4) here.

(4): put the R62As from the (1) here. Each IRT Manhattan Line should have one line using the R62/62As and two using the R142/142As.

(5): extend service to 42nd Street-Grand Central during late night hours via Bronx Local and Lexington Avenue Express.

(6): extend express service to Pelham Bay Park with all trains terminating there. It is kind of annoying to have to wait for the next train on weekdays.

(A): have all trains go to Far Rockaway-Mott Avenue at all times. This will reduce waiting time on the three branches as well as delays, bunching, and gaps across the entire line.

(B): get rid of the fat and slow R68s and replace them with R32s from the (C) (the slightly better R68As can stay). This is the perfect line for them since it is runs weekdays only (allowing frequent maintenance) and the R32s are the only car type besides the R160s that are fast and durable, two things Brighton riders are desperate for. If possible, service should run on weekends once the Brighton Express returns.

(C): put the R68s from the (B) here. It is the perfect line for these chubby chicks due to the high obesity rates along Fulton Street and Eighth Avenue. The line should be extended to Ozone Park-Lefferts Boulevard in place of the (A) (the late night shuttle to Euclid Avenue can stay) to make it more useful.

(D): put them behind the (B) at DeKalb Avenue. It makes sense since the (B) runs local along Central Park West while the (D) is express.

(F): have those rush hour trains that terminate at Kings Highway run express south of 18th Avenue. It would reduce delays and bunching along the Culver Line.

(G): have it run express south of Hoyt-Schermerhorn Streets. Most local riders from Ditmas Avenue north go to Manhattan, so it is pointless for it to stop at those stations.

(J)/(Z): expand skip-stop service to the full rush-hour time frame and operate in both directions. Service is horrible when the (J) runs local. Also, get rid of the 50 R42s here. They are useless since ENY has enough cars to make this line exclusively R160s and many riders feel so miserable to ride them.

(N): have it run express in Manhattan with the (Q) on weekdays. The (R) can handle the Broadway Local by itself and it would reduce delays at DeKalb Avenue.

No changes to the other lines. On a side note, i noticed that Gorgor, IRT Bronx Express, and a few recently banned members were allowed back on this site. I hope there is no type of special treatment going on (like a "secret" one that involved someone who made fun of others on his website) because it would not be fair to everyone else.

explain this mythical swap for me and the reason behind it.

E Queens Boulevard Express all times

F Culver Express

4-Late Night Express

What trains will run express along Queens Boulevard and Culver with these ideas? Also, the 4 needs to run local during late at night due to long headways (any time saved from an express train is effectively negated by the extra time needed to wait for a train).

Oh, so that means Gorgor wants EVERY line to serve NTTs.

By 2030, the system will be entirely NTT. NTTs are great cars and a huge upgrade over the POS they replaced.

I don't want R32's on any line.

Read the beginning of my post to know what the one and only subway line the R32s should go on.

anyway, a message to the R32's: congrats you made it into 2011! Your not crappy at all! long live the R32's and I will be :cry:ing when they are gone :)

I hope you are aware that the only reason the R32s and R42s are still service is because of the structural problems with the R44s. Remember, the R160s were originally meant to replace all the SMEEs and the R44s would be the oldest cars in service right now. The R179s were originally 75 footers meant to replace the R44s.

Like it or not, all subway cars have to retire eventually.

3 Shorter Headways

4 All R142As

6 Some Air-Freshener!

A The timer at Broadway Junction removed

B Some R46s

C Needs wayyyyyyyy shorter headways

D Needs better quality of passengers

E To Euclid Avenue

F Return of the R46s, I'm sick of R160s on that line

G 2 more subway cars

J/Z Some Air-Freshener, the stench is horrible

L Less Crowded

Q No more R160s

these ideas make me laugh. If a particular line stinks, tell the passengers to stop littering and wear deoterant. It is impossible to remove the timers at Broadway Junction. You will never see R46s on the B since they are banned from the Brighton Line (and true Brighton riders like me would be very upset if nothing but fat 75 footers ran on our line). Culver residents love the R160s and would be furious to watch them disappear. Extended the E to Euclid Avenue would cause delays unless you want to switch service with the C.

Just for the heck of it, I'll do this.

B Make as Express on CPW.

D Make as local on CPW

L Extend further into Canarsie

N Sea-Beach express (???)

Q Make peak-direction express in Astoria.

R Extend to Kew Gardens

S All night service

1 Peak-direction express north of 96th St.

3 Cut back to Utica Av

5 Local to Flatbush Av all times.

6 Extend into Bklyn.

7 Extend into College Pt.

I agree with the B and D service, especially since the B train is running local in Brooklyn while the D has is express along Fourth Avenue. How do you plan on extending the L, 7, 6, and R? the 42nd Street Shuttle does not need late night service and I hope to do a movie shoot there when i became famous. Cutting back the 3 will leave no trains to serve New Lots Avenue. There is no need for Astoria, Sea Beach, or Broadway Express service as proven by lack of popularity.

(1) - no change

3 - some rush hr trains begin at 137 St-City College

7 - resurrection of midday express service

L - decreased headways

M - decreased headways; runs to 57 St/6 Av weekends

N - reverts to pre-6/28 service cuts

Q - reverts to pre-6/28 service cuts

R - decreased headways

3 to 137th Street-City College is pointless since the 1 already goes there and runs more frequently. You will not see midday 7 express service until all that annoying construction is done. Decreasing headways on the L is the worst idea for that line because it is jammed at all times. It is also a bad idea for the M and R because they already have the lowest amount of service in the system. Restoration of the pre-6/28 service cuts would be great, but only if the N and Q are exclusively R160s while the W is exclusively R68/68As.

Archived