Greetings from England

aristoincurate

Hi Everyone,

I'm from Swadlincote in England which is near Birmingham. I've always been intrested in the NY Subway since I was a kid and have started studying it in some detail in the past year or so.

I've never been to NY although I am hoping to in the next year or so. NY is the top of my to do list.

I'm really glad i've found this forum, will be great to speak to New Yorkers and get the opinion and news directly from the folks who are lucky enough to ride and work the subway everyday.

Thanks everyone :cool:

Welcome to the NYCTF,

As New Yorker you will find different types of buses and subway car fleets in this system as well as stations underground or elevated,and if your lucky The MTA in the holidays and special events brings there vintage fleet in to Service like the low-V's IRT subway cars and GM new look fishbowl bus,There is a Transit Museum in Brooklyn that display old subway cars as well as transit stuff and other subway memorabilia,as well as fair held every year that brings out the vintage bus fleet,both the fair and the transit Museum are free but on a regular day the Museum Admission $6 for Adults and $4 kids,so if you ever visit NYC this is a must for transit fans.

Besides Transit,there is a lot of things to do in NYC like going to the empire state building,Times Square and the public zoo.

• 1 month later...

Archived