What is the best or worst bus route you have ever been?

Broadway Local

If you had been on the best or worst bus line, please post what type of bus route is it. Feel free to post.

Worst bus route I've been:

M42 because the bus is slow

Best bus route I've been:

B6 Local/Limited because they have a lot of Novabus RTS and have to wait for bus around 5 minutes

B41 Limited because they take me to Kings Plaza faster

Local

Best-Bx12 SBS. New buses, fast, scenic route

Worst-Bx19. Buses tend to bunch, rowdy high school kids, very slow and overcrowded

Express

Best-X42. Uses the FDR Drive, Battery Tunnel, Gowanus, Verrazano, and Staten Island Expressway. Runner up is the X63, which uses the LIE and Queens-Midtown Tunnel in the morning and the Queensboro Bridge in the evening

Worst-I would say X29 except that it's gone. The X10 makes a million stops in Manhattan and ends in the dregs of Staten Island.

Worst bus route I've been:

Bx36 and Bx36 LTD: Both Manhattan bound buses show up 30 minutes later at Parkchester during the PM rush hours. Literally, 3-4 locals show up, with one limited. Maybe LTD service should be removed... the Bx36 was more reliable without a limited service.

Bx39: Always late during the PM rush hours.

Bx40/42: Bad during rush hours, and two locals = unnecessary.

Bx3: You can't get a seat during rush hours...

Best bus route I've been:

Bx1 LTD: Very nice ride. :tup:

Bx12 SBS: Though jammed, it's really faster.

Bx14: Always had a seat, never jammed.

Bx41: Really fast during middays and Saturdays. Limited trips are better during rush hours.

Bx55: Faster than the Bx15.

Best and worst routes I've been on:

Local:

Manhattan:

M15 SBS- Best; Pretty quick, very frequent, and much faster than the limited.

Brooklyn:

B44: Very good

Local: Not too slow, good frequency

Limited: Usually flies, also has excellent headways

B61: Not the best; About half the time it's late. It could be a little bit more frequent on Saturdays. Sometimes, it can be slow even where there are low amounts of traffic.

Express:

Worst: X1 (Sometimes) Makes way too many stops and gets crowded even on weekends.

Best: X17. As for riding all three branches, I would say the X17C is the best. It flies on the expressway and gets into Manhattan very fast.

To me:

Best bus:

Bronx:

Bx12 SBS

Bx13

Bx36 LTD

Bx30

BxM6

BxM7A

BxM9

Worst Bus:

Bx34

Bx55

Manhattan:

Best Bus:

M1/M2/M3/M4/M5

M16/M34

M50

M60

M66

M79

M96/M106

Worst Bus

M23

M31

M35

M42

M60

M72

Queens:

Best bus:

Q3

Q6 LTD

Q10 LTD

Q22

Q23

Q44

Q50

Q53

Q66

Q72

Worst Bus:

Q19

Q32

Q100

Q101

Q102

Q103

Best Buses

The Bronx: Bx1, Bx12 (LCL and SBS), Bx16, Bx23, Bx26, Bx41, Bx55

Queens: Q45, Q59, Q50, Q38, Q53, Q60, Q47, Q64, Q39

Brooklyn: B38, B1, B6

Worst Buses

The Bronx: Bx3, Bx4, Bx5, Bx6, Bx9, Bx11, Bx13, Bx19, Bx28, Bx30, Bx32, Bx33, Bx35, Bx36, Bx38, Bx39, Bx40, Bx42

Queens: Q72, Q54, Q58, Q32, Q33, Q66, Q27, Q67, Q44

Brooklyn: B11, B63, B69, B67, B16, B35

Manhattan

Best Buses:

M2, M79, X25, M31, M57

Worst Buses:

M15, M16, M20, M23, M34, M72

Staten Island

Best Buses:

X1, X2, X7, X9, X16, X17, S61, S62

Worst Buses:

S44, S48, S53, S54, X10, X11, X12, X13, X14, X15, X30

Brooklyn

Best Buses:

BM1, BM3, X27, X28, B2, B9, B16, B31, B64, B68

Worst Buses:

B1, B4, B36

Bronx

Best Buses:

BXM10

Worst Buses:

N/A

Queens

QM1, QM1A

Worst Buses:

Q44

Best and worst routes I've been on:

Local:

Manhattan:

M15 SBS- Best; Pretty quick, very frequent, and much faster than the limited.

Brooklyn:

B44: Very good

Local: Not too slow, good frequency

Limited: Usually flies, also has excellent headways

B61: Not the best; About half the time it's late. It could be a little bit more frequent on Saturdays. Sometimes, it can be slow even where there are low amounts of traffic.

Express:

Worst: X1 (Sometimes) Makes way too many stops and gets crowded even on weekends.

Best: X17. As for riding all three branches, I would say the X17C is the best. It flies on the expressway and gets into Manhattan very fast.

The X1 is the best IMO. You just need to know when to catch it and watch how buses are spacing. If they're on time and spaced right, I often have a seat to myself. In the AM if I see a decent amount of folks waiting on Hylan I'll let a few pass by since they run every five minutes and then I'll get on and it's rather empty. The weekends can vary also and again depends on when you take it. The later you go to the city, the emptier it is. Coming back can vary too, but yes there are times when it can be SRO, so I pick and choose when I take it. The X10 can be better overall on the weekends regarding crowding, but the X1 has far more frequency and can fly also depending on the spacing. :cool: It also empties out pretty well on Hylan by Clove.

Wirelessly posted via (BlackBerry8520/5.0.0.900 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

My best is the Q67. Most of the time I'm the only one the entire trip and its a gooa 35 min ride, easpically the last bus of the night (the one I get on)

My worse has got to be the Bx12 SBS. It seems like there isn't enough buses and when they do arrive, usually its in bunches of 2-4

I'm going to go by borough.

Brooklyn

Best: B103

Worst: B3

Manhattan

Best: Crosstown-M14, North/South-M98

Worst: M23

Queens

Best: Q53

Worst: This one was tough to choose but I'll go with a toss up between the Q24 and 102.

Bronx

Best: Bx1

Worst: A toss up between the Bx19 and 36.

Staten Island

Best: S53

Worst: S44

I would say the Q33 (Q33).

Formerly operated by Triboro Coach Corporation and now by MTA Bus. The Q33 usually has nice B/Os and is a nce ride from the Central Terminal Building at La Guadia Airport to the Victor Moore Terminal at 74th Street and Broadway where connections to the (E)(F)(M)(R)(7) and <7> can be made.

En route the Q33 has a nice ride on 82d and 83d Streets to Jackson Heights.

The B67 (B67). A nice ride from Downtown Brooklyn to Kensington via Seventh Avenue through Park Slope.

The B67 has connections with the (F)(G) at Church Avenue and at 9th Street and with the (:o(Q) at Seventh Avenue.

The B67 is based at the Mr. Jackie Gleason Depot in Sunset Park.

The M10 (M10). The M10 has a nice ride alongside Central Park on CPW between West 59th Street-Columbus Circle and West 110th Street-Mr. Frederick Douglass Circle and serves Harlem.

Archived