M-9 Discussion

East New York

• 1 month later...

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone at the factory must've been colorblind or didn't look at the blueprint enough. Or the rendering was wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

The rendering was wrong, as of today, and all cars built today have the paint scheme in the image. The side panel is basically the same as an M7 and has the profile of the M8.

https://youtu.be/6sDIyleCLN0?t=1m9s

Uploaded today

M9 has started testing under power, 2 units appear to be completed however I know there are more cars outside of this video at other locations in the facility. Here is a video from a poster in Japan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKiODoL2YFQ

Nice! Are there any videos of the train going forward?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

how long till arrival in America?

I had actually thought some already arrived, at least the pilot cars. Some official sheet said they would be tested in "Pueblo". I don't think they mean Colorado, or Kentucky for that matter. I have no idea what that meant. But at least according to the original schedule, the pilot cars are here. I really don't know, sorry.

I had actually thought some already arrived, at least the pilot cars. Some official sheet said they would be tested in "Pueblo". I don't think they mean Colorado, or Kentucky for that matter. I have no idea what that meant. But at least according to the original schedule, the pilot cars are here. I really don't know, sorry.

That is Pueblo, Colorado, where the FRA has its testing facilities. The schedule has been pushed back so nothing's in America as of yet. But when they do arrive, the FRA will test them in Puebla then the LIRR tests the at home.

That is Pueblo, Colorado, where the FRA has its testing facilities. The schedule has been pushed back so nothing's in America as of yet. But when they do arrive, the FRA will test them in Puebla then the LIRR tests the at home.

Oh, completely forgot about the federal railway administration testing. Thanks. Is there a freight carrier that'll attach the cars to bring them over to long island, or by a different method?

AFAIK, it's just pilots. Someone else correct me if I'm wrong.

I remember specifically the M8's built in Japan were NOT tested in Pueblo, I was watching a ship documentary and The M8's were being loaded on from Hyogo. The ships arrival point was in New York, and I know those units had immediately been testing on MTA property, however the FRA had inspectors onboard during the testing periods, so a likely scenario is probable, where they will test on Long Island and have FRA inspectors on board.

I believe testing in Pueblo is only neccesarry for inter-city long distance units such as the Charger and ACS-64.

Edited by jamesman8

I am pretty sure the M8 arrangement was special -- all other locomotives/EMUs that I can think of were Puebloed. Silverliner Vs, M9s, M7s, ALP-45/46s... 

This is the TTC center correct? They definitely test commuter trains as well I remember when I was at Kawasaki they had just opened this testing center. This was around 1999-2000 and they had 3rd rail testing track(s). I think they even tested subway cars out there in the 1970's not at TTC but another division. Question are the M9 units shipping with PTC hardware?