Today and Why We Should Retire Old Equipment Faster

CenSin

Wirelessly posted via (BlackBerry8520/5.0.0.900 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

R32's suck. They should've been retired 10 years ago. I'm glad the only line that has to deal with those tin cans is the (C)

Ok I do hate the R32s as well but for totally different reasons. And like it or not, they're here to stay for (supposedly) 5 more years so get used to it

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
142s use 2000, while 160s use XP, I think.

Why do you think FINDs are always frozen? :P

No, all the new tech trains runs on customized Windows 2000 embedded... A lot of MTA computers and machines still run on legacy Windows 2000. Supposed, they will have to upgrade the computers down the future...

----------

I have to agree w/ Forest Glen... R32 does suck, right now. They are really out of shape, performance wise and even the ride quality is going down. I think MTA made a huge mistake to retired all R40 cars st that time which a few hundred of them are in good maintainable condition and be able to run til the next order arrives.

R32's suck. They should've been retired 10 years ago. I'm glad the only line that has to deal with those tin cans is the (C)

R32s are staying for another 4-5 years whether people like it or not! Deal with it.

I have to agree w/ Forest Glen... R32 does suck, right now. They are really out of shape, performance wise and even the ride quality is going down. I think MTA made a huge mistake to retired all R40 cars st that time which a few hundred of them are in good maintainable condition and be able to run til the next order arrives.

R32s weren't always the greatest out of the bunch when it came to MDBF, the R38s and R40s usually beat out the rest. If it were up to me, I would have kept all 90 of the R40 Mods and the Phase 1 R32s, and have all the other SMEEs and R44s off the road. We would have most likely not been in this mess if the MTA got rid of the R44s three-four years ago like they had originally intended to, from what I've heard.

The trains on the (D) rattle a lot less than the (C), and the trains on the (Q) "rattle" a lot less than the (D).

OK, so they all rattle, so what your point here? Wth do you expect? What you think the MTA is suppose to be perfect for you? There is car service, buses ect, if you don't like it find another mode of transportation. But I suppose buses & cars rattle to much for you.

I read that post he made and that was the dumbest post I ever seen one make.

All trains rattle in some sort of way weather its 1 day old, or weather its 50 years old. I guess he expects to ride on a cloud.

Whoa, I don't know about rattling...! There's a big difference between the ride of an R32 and R160 car.

That sucks... Too bad for the (C) riders... I rarely use that line and when I do it's for short distances. I never cared for those cars, but they did offer decent AC, at least the ones I used anyway.

I use the (C) daily and I haven't had problems with any car type the (C) has used in the past six years (R38/R40/R42/R44). I honestly couldn't care less what car type shows up in front of me as my priorities such as school and work by far supersede my favorite car/bus type.

Before this thread derails, the moral is: if you don't feel that the public transit system is fulfilling your needs (e.g. one-seat rides, subpar service and the like), then the subway isn't for you. Take a taxi!

well if It werent for the R44's, the R32's and R42s would have been gone.

R32s is starting to get really annoying! every time I ride the (C), I have to deal with the bucking when the train starts to move, the screeching when it brakes or even pulls out, and R32s are just too noisy.

Also, I have pictures of the R42's being really dirty.

I'd never thought I'd say this, but its time to get rid of these rust buckets :P.

R32s is starting to get really annoying! every time I ride the (C), I have to deal with the bucking when the train starts to move, the screeching when it brakes or even pulls out, and R32s are just too noisy.

Annoying you got 46's on the (A) by their side.Bucking? Ehh..ride the (6) and the (R) more often tell me how that is.

Suck? And they're still kicking their ass getting you and thousands to their destination everyday.They still have decent speed and they look GREAT compared to the 70's and 80's.These cars over performed and outlasted several other car types b\c of the way they were built and maintained.That Stainless steel is REAL.

well if It werent for the R44's, the R32's and R42s would have been gone.

Also, I have pictures of the R42's being really dirty.

I'd never thought I'd say this, but its time to get rid of these rust buckets :P.

Wait till the summer peak...when the R32s A/C.....

:P

The rest of the R42s cars in service are a joke, they really want a peaceful death...in the scrap yard.

And Forest Glen is just on his usual "lol the NYC subway sucks" tirade...

And no one is putting a gun to his head and forcing him to use the TA subway/bus system either! If you don't like the subway, don't use it.

Today, I was heading to Canal Street from Coney Island. The (N) happened to be running local via Whitehall Street (in both directions). I didn't want to take my chances with the (Q), so I boarded the (F) expecting a quick ride to Broadway–Lafayette Street where I could transfer to the downtown (6) to Canal Street. The trip went horribly wrong, however…There was a total of 4 consecutive failures within an hour:
  • Signal malfunction at Bergen Street

• Malfunctioning (A) train

• Malfunctioning (C) train

• Termination of an (F) at Delancey Street (which counts as a failure regardless of the fact that the train was not malfunctioning)

Details:

• The (F) slowed down to a crawl past Smith–9 Streets.

• It got stuck in Carroll Street and again at Bergen Street for a long time.

• It turned out that there was a signal problem at Bergen Street, and the (F) I was on went over the Crosstown line.

• I hopped off at Hoyt–Schermerhorn Streets and went to the Manhattan-bound platform where a (C) train was out of service. There was a big crowd there and people were restless.

• The (C) train finally pulled out, but not before several (G) trains passed by on the adjacent track.

• An (A) train pulled in and I got on, but it stalled in the station. That's when I learned from the other passengers that there was a broken down (A)ahead of the broken (C) train and it was taking time to get them all out of the way.

• When the (A) finally moved, I got off at Jay Street–Metro Tech to find an (F) across the platform. I got on that one and it left the station first. The (A) was apparently rerouted through the Rutgers Street tunnel apparently.

• The (F) stalled at York Street for a few minutes before moving.

• After another few minutes of wait at Delancey Street, the conductor announced that the (F) was terminating at the station.

• I took the (J) to Canal Street and was on my way to work…

I should have just taken the damn local (N) through the bowels of lower Manhattan.

I Understand The R44's On The (A) And (C) And The R46's On The (F) That Sucks...

Archived