R46 813-816 in Venezuela?

pelhamlocal

I read in one of my books that R46 813-816 or something like that, were sent to venezuela for their subway as possible prototypes. Can someone please varify it and if true does anyone have pictures of them in Venezuela or in service back in new york if they were ever returned. Thanks:confused:

• 1 month later...

thats a modified version of the R46 those people have a subway with cheap copies of the R46 how dare they take our R46's and repaint them into there scheme. they have defiled our silver scheme. someone has to rescue those R46 cars before they switch from NYC to CARASCA subway cars. they might still have some nyc pride left in them.

(THAT IS A JOKE^UP THERE I DO NOT MIND R46 CARS GOING TO VENEZUELA)

That looks nothing like an R46...

it does look like an R46 the only thing is they have been reskinned and repainted and re fitted but that is an R46 look at the drivers side window and the doors. the only major differences are:

the front door has been removed and replaced with a giant window

the hull is much thicker than before

the silver color has been removed

and the doors have been pushed in or the skin pushed out.

but that is an R46 consist i know when i see them. if you take off all the useless metal the old R46 we know will appear. its just a disguise

What do you mean it doesn't?. It has the similar four doors, and length configuration, and it even has the similar front cab windows.

You must be blind, yea it has 4 door ways per side and it's 75' long, but any similarity ends there. The angle of the side is too steep, the ends don't look anything like an R46, the cab has it's own door, and the window, it's a drop sash window, again nothing like the R46.

As I mentioned above,Pullman only showed them the R46 cars,they didnt let them keep it.The R46 was used as a reference and a way to get the venezuelans to order from them.The main similarity I see is the side motorman window.Exactly the same.This was like when the R62 Order was finished by Kawasaki,Kawasaki sent a R62 car to Bombardier's La Pocatiere Quebec plant as a reference to building the R62A.A hand for a hand as they say.

Ya'll are buggin! Those cars look nothing like R46's. I'm going to conclude that this thread is filled with sarcasm, and I'm being fooled into thinking ya'll are serious. I'm done. :confused:

But you are missing the key fact in this thread is that of course they aren't ment to look exactly like R46 cars,but their dimensions and mechanics are the same.Its like a Ford Taurus and a Ford Edge.They look nothing alike as one is a full size sedan and the other is a crossover,but they share the same platform.In other words its an R46 with a slightly altered shape,Door mechanics and design as well as different designed windows.

but you are missing the key fact in this thread is that of course they aren't ment to look exactly like r46 cars,but their dimensions and mechanics are the same.its like a ford taurus and a ford edge.they look nothing alike as one is a full size sedan and the other is a crossover,but they share the same platform.in other words its an r46 with a slightly altered shape,door mechanics and design as well as different designed windows.

thank you **sigh**

Archived