I've got two appointments for the TA on the SAME DAY!!!

Will-Bx-718

Do you have the number to Ms Shiver or HR? How can someone clarify whether its the failure from the urine test or due to their prior records that they were turned down? I know MTA has not called back some station agents for position as a cleaner after they were called in for the urine test.

She doesn't have that information. That has nothing to do with her.

Do you have the number to Ms Shiver or HR? How can someone clarify whether its the failure from the urine test or due to their prior records that they were turned down? I know MTA has not called back some station agents for position as a cleaner after they were called in for the urine test.

Well the situation for being reclassified as a cleaner was that you were treated as a new employee, but!! they considered your previous work record. This is what was told to us @ the emergency meeting in December. They said only about 60 people of the 445 had questionable records. But if they weren't called back, it more than likely meant they didn't pass the urine test. As far as I see it, is if whatever record you had didn't get you fired it shouldn't keep you from being rehired. Now I could be wrong be about that, but to me it makes sense.

Well I got some clarification from Ms.Shivers over the phone today, well sort of. She informed me of the next two C/R classes scheduled for March 14th and April 25th. I asked her if I took the C/R promo w/o being first reinstated if I wanted to come back to my former title or if I was demoted for some reason could I be a S/A again. She wasn't too sure about the answers to that question. So she suggested I get reinstated first and once I'm back in, contact her to schedule my appointment for C/R to take the medical and lab tests.

good advice on her part.......i would probably do the same thing(go back to clerk, and then talk to her about the c/r position).......

good advice on her part.......i would probably do the same thing(go back to clerk, and then talk to her about the c/r position).......

Yeah that advice from her was good since no one could give me a straight answer on whether on not I could retreat back to S/A if I didn't like being a C/R or I got demoted for some reason. I would rather be safe then sorry, at least now I know I can always go back if anything. I went down there today and did the lab test, I should be hearing something from them in a couple of weeks hopefully. There was like 7 or 8 people down there this morning going for the C/R promo. I just hope I can be reinstated soon enough to be able to get into the April 25th class, if not I'm sure there will be later classes coming soon.

Laid off isn't fired, so you are still an employee, albeit unemployed, by MTA. You aren't off the street, as you are still a S/A, again albeit unemployed. I would take her advice and go for the reinstatement first, then go back to the desk (since it's the same day), and be promoted. Good Luck, and hope you get the C/R position........

Good Luck Will on the promo. I am going on tuesday for reinstatement. It's basically paperwork and piss test from the letter. I haven't made a decision yet as to whether or not I go back, but showing up tuesday secures my position and buys me like a week or so before I expect to hear back from them.

Good Luck Will on the promo. I am going on tuesday for reinstatement. It's basically paperwork and piss test from the letter. I haven't made a decision yet as to whether or not I go back, but showing up tuesday secures my position and buys me like a week or so before I expect to hear back from them.

Yeah, same process I went thru. Hopefully the place is as empty as it was when I went on friday. They only had the last 18 remaining S/A's for reinstatement, a few promo C/R's, one promo T/O and 1 guy for new hire to MTA bus B/O. The bottle neck of the entire process was the lab area. The Techs were taking their sweet time. It took me 2 hours of waiting before I was seen. The whole process took just over 3 hours. I was hoping it could have went sooner given the small amount of people that was there that day. But they also had a few people doing randoms as well. Either way good luck with the process man, and hopefully you can come to a decision by tuesday as to what you wanna do.

Laid off isn't fired, so you are still an employee, albeit unemployed, by MTA. You aren't off the street, as you are still a S/A, again albeit unemployed. I would take her advice and go for the reinstatement first, then go back to the desk (since it's the same day), and be promoted. Good Luck, and hope you get the C/R position........

Thanx man, and I understand everything you were saying but since no one could give me a solid answer I went with the reinstatement. Let's just say for instance something didn't work out with medical, then I would have blown my chance with the reinstatement to my former title being that both appointments were on the same day. This is why I really wish they could have sent me the letter for C/R promo like a week or two earlier. Then I could have done both processes and which everyone got to me first I would have went to.

• 2 weeks later...

I go down for final processing and interview. I also got a call from Ms.Shivers last Friday to come in for the medical for the C/R promo. I'am out of town right now with a family emergency but plan to go down there first thing Monday morning.

Funny, I was about to ask you the same thing. By the way, can I have back the 3 minutes I just wasted reading your MTA conspriacy theory above?

It took you three minutes to read that?

Btw, he was right. So I wouldn't consider it a waste of time.

I go down for final processing and interview. I also got a call from Ms.Shivers last Friday to come in for the medical for the C/R promo. I'am out of town right now with a family emergency but plan to go down there first thing Monday morning.

Congratulations. Its nice to see hard working people getting back to work. Good luck at whichever position you get.

So I see you decided to come back. What was the determining factor for you?

I am just going through the process and keeping the door open till the old job comes through. They are still working on things. If they don't come through, I'll stay put. If they do, I'm high-tailing it out of this city and back up to the country! lol

Even if I wind up staying with the TA, after I make top pay I will be looking to buy a house upstate, just not as far. Try and stay within an hour or so of the city if I have to commute.

I am just going through the process and keeping the door open till the old job comes through. They are still working on things. If they don't come through, I'll stay put. If they do, I'm high-tailing it out of this city and back up to the country! lol

Even if I wind up staying with the TA, after I make top pay I will be looking to buy a house upstate, just not as far. Try and stay within an hour or so of the city if I have to commute.

Yeah my plans are similar to yours. I was planing on getting a house around the white plains, NY area. I don't want to live in the city for the rest of my life, but I don't wan't to move very far from it either. So Being an hour away or less is a good enough of an escape to me.

I went down to 180 livingston today to handle the promo for C/R. I filled out all the necessary paperwork and took the urine test. And since I was already down there I asked if I could go ahead and do the final processing for my S/A reinstatement and they let me do it. So as of today I'm officially back. I was giving a rule book, code of ethics book and I took my new pass picture. My first day of work is on March 28th, I'm to show up @ PS 248 @ 730am. Once my urine test comes back I should be called in for the medical for the C/R promo and be put into the April 25th School car class, granted medically I check out.

Congratulations! Glad to see things work out for you compared to what they were a few months back.

Yeah me too. It was tough for me in the beginning to deal with being unemployed. I filled out so many online applications and took so many company assessments and uploaded my resume it made me sick. I did this straight for 2 months and got nothing outta of it. I also took a few civil service exams during my time of unemployment. But around October I eased up a bit. I was able to cash out my 457b and rollover my 401k. So between UI benefits and the money I got from my 457b account I was able to stay a float. I also went away on vacation twice during this time as well. I still can't believe how fast the time went by, I can still remember being laid off like it was yesterday.

MTA has gotten more strict on transit worker records. Has any S/A been refused reinstatement due to their bad records or failure of their urine test?

Anyone know of the sensitivity of the urine test? Would a sip of beer the night be enough for failing the test?

MTA has gotten more strict on transit worker records. Has any S/A been refused reinstatement due to their bad records or failure of their urine test?

Anyone know of the sensitivity of the urine test? Would a sip of beer the night be enough for failing the test?

As far as I know most if not all S/A's up for reinstatements got their jobs back. Only S/A's that were being reclassified as cleaners had some problems getting a job back with NYCT due to records and such. And that was because they were being treated as new hires. Originally they were only suppose to rehire 125 people back as S/A's but I heard they went even higher than that, something like 175 people.

Alcohol does not show up in urine test, drugs shop up in urine.

You can drink all you want and go for the urine test and you will not fail, because they are only concerned with drugs. Breathalyzer test is when you blow in a little tube, checks for the alcohol on your breath.

Also, a bit of beer at night would be completely out of your system by the next morning. In fact, in general, if you stick to one drink an hour, your body will process it very quickly and relatively efficiently. But again, a drug test will not even text for BAC

Archived