Your favourite automated subway stops

Via Garibaldi 8

Now heres the real question: who will do the voice for the (T) when it opens... if ever...

What they should have is automated announcements for the +M15 SBS+, a driver presses a button for each stop and it will announce the stops...

lol, but what about the 2nd Avenue (Q) train? If that uses Catherine then the (T) would probably use catherine... But It would be interesting to have Thompson doing those announcements:

This is a 125 Street bound (T) Local train. The Nexsstop is 72 Street.

----------------------------------------------------------------+

here are some more announcements I like:

[*] this is a Brooklyn Bound (J) Express train. The Next Stop is Marcy Avenue.

[*] This is a Chamberrrrs Street Bound (J) Local train. The Next Stop is.... Bowery.

[*] All the (C) Line Announcements. :tup:Thompson!:tup:

I would be 31 when the R68's makes their bye bye. In fact the R62, R62A, R68, and R68A would be the last OTT's to leave the NYC Subway Fleet. After that we would have only NTT's. So people could stop foaming, and asking where the R160's will be, because the entire NYC Subway would have R160 styled cars in the future. The foamers would most likely be dancing, and jumping up, and down when the time comes.

For the (6) "This is 77th Street," it sounds sort of strange at the end of 77th, sort of like she's yelling part of it, like "seventy-SEVENTH street"

Also on the <6> her voice goes really high up when she says "making express stops in the Bronx," and then much lower when she says the next stop right after that.

because Catherine cowdery does the first announcement, followed by Jessica

Guest lance25
lol, but what about the 2nd Avenue (Q) train? If that uses Catherine then the (T) would probably use catherine... But It would be interesting to have Thompson doing those announcements:

By the time Second Avenue is fully opened, our resident announcers will likely be long gone.

They could use Catherine's voice for when the (Q) stops at the joint (Q)/(T) stops and Dianne's voice when the (T) stops at those stops. It would be no different than at the joint (E)/(F) stops. Both women recorded those stops for when "their train" stops there. The same thing was done for the joint (2)/(5) stops where when a (2) stops there, you hear Dianne and when a (5) stops there, you hear Jessica.

Can't forget about the (A) to JFK Announcement done by Charlie Pellet. "Ladies and gentlemen, if your destination is John F. Kennedy Airport, you must transfer from this train to a Far Rockaway bound (A) train to Howard Beach, JFK Airport. This is a Lefferts Blvd bound (A) train, the last transfer point for a Far Rockaway Bound (A) Train is Rockaway Blvd."

Excuse me for asking a weird question, but when is this heard?

Guest lance25

After the Court Square transfer is complete, the complex will assume one name - 23rd Street-Court Square. Plus, there hasn't been a street named Ely Avenue for many years.

Guest MTA Bus

I just posted that video so you guys can see the new announcements on the (E) and (F) trains. Some of my favorite announcements are:

All (V), (G), (A), (C), (R), (W), (3) and (7)<7> announcemets.

" This is a Rockaway Parkway Bound (L) train. The next and last stop is Canarise - Rrrrockaway Parkway.

All "This is a Wakefield - 241 St Bound (5) Train" announcements

" This is a Hunts Point Av bound (6) local train. The Next Stop is Brook Av" That sound like a R160 announcement and a R142 announcement combined into one.

I just posted that video so you guys can see the new announcements on the (E) and (F) trains. Some of my favorite announcements are:

All (V), (G), (A), (C), (R), (W), (3) and (7)<7> announcemets.

" This is a Rockaway Parkway Bound (L) train. The next and last stop is Canarise - Rrrrockaway Parkway.

All "This is a Wakefield - 241 St Bound (5) Train" announcements

" This is a Hunts Point Av bound (6) local train. The Next Stop is Brook Av" That sound like a R160 announcement and a R142 announcement combined into one.

Someone needs to find this famous announcement of the last stop of the (L) train... You're like the second or third person to comment on how great it is... :P

A lil' off topic but did anybody ever notice that the announcements on the (F) are more detailed than those on the (Q)? For ex; "This is a Coney Island - Stillwell Avenue bound (F) local train. The next stop is, West 8th Street - New York Aquarium." Where as the (Q) announcements would leave out the words "local", "Stillwell Av", and "aquarium".

Wirelessly posted via (BlackBerry8520/5.0.0.900 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Gotta love the tone of her voice... :cool: :tup:

Video taken by Fresh Pond.

Thank you, thank you *takes a bow* ;)

When you get a chance, listen to the (G) announcements I took

Guest lance25
A lil' off topic but did anybody ever notice that the announcements on the (F) are more detailed than those on the (Q)? For ex; "This is a Coney Island - Stillwell Avenue bound (F) local train. The next stop is, West 8th Street - New York Aquarium." Where as the (Q) announcements would leave out the words "local", "Stillwell Av", and "aquarium".

Personally, I like the "short-form" announcements (i.e. "Coney Island-bound (N), (Q)") over the long-form ones ("Coney Island-Stillwell Av-bound (F) local", "Coney Island-Stillwell Av-bound (G) trains via the (F) local line") because by the time it switches to the next stop announcement, the conductors are closing the doors, thus cutting off said announcement.

RE (G) line announcements: If I had any control over the AAS, I'd replace her announcements with Dianne's (F) via the (G) ones because Catherine's sound so dry and bored, like she really didn't want to do this. At least with the (E) (and now the (M)), she sounds somewhat alive.

Archived