Your favourite automated subway stops

Via Garibaldi 8

Here are a few of my favs...

"This is a Manhattan bound (4) express train. The next stop is... WALL STREET!!"

The chick says Wall St. in such a funny way and she sort of yells it out.

The other one that's sort of "cute" is the "This is a Manhattan bound (4) express train. The next stop is... 14th st, Union Square". I like the way she says "Union Square" lol

I have way too many to list but here's a few:

"This is a Pelham Bay Park bound <6> train making express stops in The Bronx"

"This is a Lower East Side-2nd Avenue bound (V) local train"

"This is an Ozone Park-Lefferts Boulevard (A) express train"

"This is a Far Rockaway-Mott Avenue (A) express or local train"

"This a Wakefield-241st Street bound (5) local train"

On the (M), 'This Is, 14 St, Transferrr is Availableee To The (1)(2)(3)(F) and (L) Trains.

As seen in here:

On the (E), "This Is, 5 Ave-53 St, Transfer Is Avaaailableee To The (M) Train"

It sounds like Catherine was doing buzzy funtime in the (M) and (E) announcements.

And a few other ones:

This is a Coney island Bound (N), Local Train, The Next Stop Is, Ninnnnnnthh St

This is a Bedford Park Blvd Bound (C) Train, via the (B), Concourse Line

This is a Bedford-Nostrand Ave Bound (G) Local Train

This is a Coney island-Stillwell Ave Bound (D), Express Train, The Next Stop Is, Bay Pkwy

This is a Coney island-Stillwell Ave Bound (F) Train, via The (D) Line.

This is a Avenue X Bound (F) Local Train

This is a Far Rockaway, Mott Ave Bound (D) Train, via The (A) Line, The Next Stop Is, Aqueduct.

-This a Pelham Bay Park bound (6) local train. The next stop is WHITLOCK Av (it sounds like she's yelling at you lol)

-This is a Brooklyn Bound (F) train via the (C) line. The next stop is Fulton St-Broadway Nassau

-This is a Pelham Bay Park bound (6) train making express stops in the Bronx...

-This is a Brooklyn College-Flatbush Av bound (2) train. The next and last stop is Flatbush Av-Brooklyn College

-This is a Coney Island-Stillwell Av bound (F) local train. The next stop is JayStMetrotech (she says it like its one word)

-This is a Manhattan bound (5) express train. The next stop is CHURCH Av (no need for yelling lol)

-This is a Canarsie bound (L) train. The next and last stop is Canarsie-Roooockaway Pkwy (she says it so happily)

I also like, yet question the pitch change of

"This is a Pelham Bay Park bound <6> train making express stops in the Bronx"

also the new announcement (sometimes heard) for Morrison Av.

"This is a Parkchester/Pelham Bay Park bound (6) train. The next stop is, Morrison Avenue - Soundview"

All the announcements made by Charlie Pellet (although that's mainly on the LIRR except for some transfer points on the subway and the famous "Stand clear of the closing doors please"). And Charlie on the MNRR, especially: This station is Yankees-East to 153th street. He sounds like he got kicked in the nuts when saying "Yankees" lol. I can listen to that announcement all day :)

Furthermore, a lot, but too list a few:

-This is a New Lots Avenue-bound (4) local train.

-This is a Coney Island-Stillwell Avenue-bound (all) local or express train.

-This is a Manhattan-bound M local train.

-This is West 4th street-New York Aquarium.

-Transfer is available to the (A), (D), (L)... and... (R)-trains.

-Transfer is also available to the Long Island Rail Road.

-This is Jamaica (although Charlie says it better but still B))

-This is Ditmars Blvd.

I have a few:

- 'This is a Brooklyn Bound (2) express train, the next stop is....'

- 'This is a Queens Bound (R) Local train, the next stop is.....'

- 'Transfer is available to the (1)(7)(A)(C)(E)(N)(Q) & (R) trains & Shuttle (S) to grand central, connection is available to the port authority bus terminal.

well that's all.

Guest lance25

Mine have to be the tag-team announcements, primarily between Jessica & Dianne.

Example:

Jessica: This is...125th Street.

Dianne: Transfer is available to the (4), (5) and (6) trains. Transfer is available to the (M60) bus to LaGuardia Airport. Connection is available to Metro-North.

I like the (E) announcement while entering Lexington Av-53 St Station and Jackson Heights-Roosevelt Av.

I like the Manhattan-Bound (M) announcements.

I like the (N) announcement while approaching Times Sq-42 St Station.

Just wondering, does anyone like the (2) and Manhattan-bound (N) announcements. Does the (MTA) need to upgrade them?

Mine have to be the tag-team announcements, primarily between Jessica & Dianne.

Example:

Jessica: This is...125th Street.

Dianne: Transfer is available to the (4), (5) and (6) trains. Transfer is available to the (M60) bus to LaGuardia Airport. Connection is available to Metro-North.

Ah yes, when the (2) gets rerouted over the (5), you get to hear those tag-team announcements. Another of my favorites is when Jessica announces "Connection is available to PATH trains" on the rerouted (5). Firm and authoritative.

But my all-time favorite is this announcement heard on the (2) between midnight and 5 AM:

Dianne: This is, East One Hundred Eightieth Street.

Charlie: Transfer is available to the, (5) train, to Eastchester-

Dyre Av-eh-nyoo.

I'll just say a few here...

"This is a Harlem, 148th St Bound (2) Expprress train. The next stop is, 116th St.!"

This is a Jamaica Center Bound (Z) Skip-Stop train. The next stop is blah blah blah...

I like the old Coney Island Bound (N) train Announcement also, as heard here.

http://www.4shared.com/audio/tirWYTNy/OldConeyIslandBound.html

The (7) and (1) train announcements.

Can't forget about the (A) to JFK Announcement done by Charlie Pellet. "Ladies and gentlemen, if your destination is John F. Kennedy Airport, you must transfer from this train to a Far Rockaway bound (A) train to Howard Beach, JFK Airport. This is a Lefferts Blvd bound (A) train, the last transfer point for a Far Rockaway Bound (A) Train is Rockaway Blvd."

Most of the public address announcements I find funny. There's like one for everything... loss of power, water on the tracks ect..

-This is a Brooklyn College-Flatbush Av bound (2) train. The next and last stop is Flatbush Av-Brooklyn College

-This is a Manhattan bound (5) express train. The next stop is CHURCH Av (no need for yelling lol)

I like both of these the (5) one is funny and when I use Beverly Rd that announcement is the first thing I hear B)

I like:

- This is a Manhattan-Bound(F)LocalTrain (like one word) The next. stop. is. Jay St-Metrotech.

The (N) has tag-team announcements:

Diane Thompson: This is a Manhattan-Bound (N) train.

Catherine Cowdery: The next stop is Atlantic Ave - Pacific St.

On the (2) (at Wall St):

This is a Bronx-Bound (2) Express train. The next stop is, Fulton St.

This is a Brooklyn College-Flatbush Avenue bound (5) express train. The next stop is Beverly Road. (The way she says Beverly Rd is... like she's just droning on lol)

But I'm not low enough to call announcements on a train "sexy"... honest! :)

Not a lot but I love these in order:

This is a Woodlawn bound (4) local train(Program is Woodlawn,Lexington Av Exp,Eastern Pkwy LCL)

This is a Manhattan bound (4) express train,the next stop is Borough Hall.

This is a Wakefield-241st Street bound (5) local train.(The duo with Jessica and Diane is AWESOME)

This is a Euclid Av bound (F) train via the (C) line.

This is 34th St-Herald Sq.

This is an Eastchester-Dyre Av bound (5) local train.

This is a Pelham Bay Park bound <6> express train.

This is a Brooklyn Bridge bound (4) local train.

And of course Charlie Pellet.

I am not a fan of Catherine Cowdery.She's horrible on the (D)(E)(G)(J)(L)(M)(R).Sounds good on the (W).

Jessica (4)(5)(6) FTW and Diane for the (A)(C)(F)!! But she sucks on the (1)(2)(3).

Also there was questioning of this I recorded while going some place over the Summer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-26LcCk-qY

And one more:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osqjTAmQqTw

I like Charlie's LIRR announcements a lot more than his subway announcements.

*ding-dong* "This station is... RONKONKOMA!"

"This station is... Valley STREAM!"

I love his announcements the most too!

Especally, like I mentioned earlier in this thread, Yankees-East to 153rd st on the MNRR. But on the LIRR too.

*ding-dong* This station is... Bellerose.

This is the train too... Penn Station.

The next station is... Jamaica.

He pronounces Jamaica in a funny way too :)

IMHO, Charlie Pellet has the best announcement voice of them all :)

"this is a brooklyn bound (4) Express train. The Next Stop is FULton Street". (It seems if as whoever does that announcement (I think Jessica) is spitting out the word "Fulton". Same with the (5).

"This is a euclid Avenue bound (F) train via the (C) line. The Nexsstop is Shepherd Avenue".

-The old (5) announcements, (7)<7> train announcements

"This is a Canarsie bound (L) train. The Next And last stop is Canarsie-Rrrrockaway park".

"this is a 179 Street bound (E) Express train. the next stop is Forest Hills-71 Avenue"

(on the (E)) "This is... Grand Avenue-Newton".

"this is a Coney Island-Stillwell Avenue bound (G) train, via the (F) local line. The next stop is Church Avenue" (I like this one the most because it sounds like whoever is doing them sounds a bit drunk).

-All the (V) train announcements. Same voice as the (G).

"this is a brooklyn bound (4) Express train. The Next Stop is FULton Street". (It seems if as whoever does that announcement (I think Jessica) is spitting out the word "Fulton". Same with the (5).

lol... I would have to agree w/that as well. She also sounds so anxious and serious when she does it. I also like whoever does the "The Next And Last Stop" announcement on the (5) train at Bowling Green. It's almost like a "Okay, now get the f*ck off." Very stern. Then the guy follows the chick and says "This is the LAST STOP ON THIS TRAIN. Everyone please leave the train." lol

What I find amazing though is that these are actually real people doing this. I never knew that until recently. They all sound like robots.

I think that is the same one who does the BMT ones except for the (A)(C)(F).

I wonder who does the (7)...:)

some more I like:

-This is a Brooklyn bound... (3)! express train. The Next stop is 34 Street-Penn Station.

It sounds like she's screaming in a high-picthed voice "3".

-This is a brooklyn bound (Z) Skip- stoptrain. The next stop is Broadway Junction.

She sounds like she is saying skip--stoptrain, If you ever heard it its very weird.

-This is a South Ferry bound (5) train via the 7th Avenue Line. [switches to thompson]The next stop is 34 Street-Penn Station.

(Ive heard this before, I wonder if its fake) [thompson] This is a south Ferry bound (9) local train. The Next Stop is Cortlandt St.

Archived