Does the R160...

CTK246

There is (D) to Far Rockaway program, but I never saw a (D) in Far Rockaway (based on YouTube). Just because it isn't logical, doesn't mean there is a program for it.

One of the many problems with the R-160s programs is that they seem to include a lot of reroutes which will never happen and don't have those that can and do happen. Even if a (D) went to the (A) line, it would likely just be signed as an A or C. OTOH, there was no J to MET when that was needed for a GO. So although there is no program for SIR, don't underestimate what they will and won't include.

So why did they replace the R44 trucks?

They replaced the trucks and did various modifications to meet FRA standards since, well at the time the SIR was classified as an active railroad or having a railroad connection hence the reason why regular subway cars arent able to run there, and the reason why SIR has full size diesels as compared to the subway's diesels since they dont meet FRA standards

There is (D) to Far Rockaway program, but I never saw a (D) in Far Rockaway (based on YouTube). Just because it isn't logical, doesn't mean there is a program for it.

At the point where the (D) could no longer access it's regular route and was sent to Far Rock the crew would probably bring up the (A) to Far Rock program to avoid confusion. Why waste time with a (D) program at all ?

Guest lance25

Plus, wouldn't Far Rockaway be an absolute last resort? I mean, first, all four south Brooklyn lines would have to be inaccessible, and secondly, 2 Av, for some reason, couldn't be used as a terminal, nor could Jay St, Euclid Av, Lefferts Blvd or any other station that could be used as a terminal if necessary.

Plus, wouldn't Far Rockaway be an absolute last resort? I mean, first, all four south Brooklyn lines would have to be inaccessible, and secondly, 2 Av, for some reason, couldn't be used as a terminal, nor could Jay St, Euclid Av, Lefferts Blvd or any other station that could be used as a terminal if necessary.

No... If it can't reach Brooklyn you can cut out the (N) and (Q). Then you could do the (F) but let's say you can't. Then the (D) would go to Far Rockaway lol..

Um...What?

just some fictional announcements of the SIR :P.

If they ever were recorded, I wonder who would do it: Thompson, Catherine, or Jessica...

It would be interesting to here Jennifer's voice on the SIR.

just some fictional announcements of the SIR :P.

If they ever were recorded, I wonder who would do it: Thompson, Catherine, or Jessica...

It would be interesting to here Jennifer's voice on the SIR.

Don't see how it's relevant to the discussion on hand.

He's just foaming. Anyway there won't be any NTT's coming soon for the SIR. When the R211's come they would retrofit some R46's, and send them onto the SIR. Yeah so the SIR is now getting second rate equipment.

From what I've been told, the SIR was supposed to receive a portion of the future R179 order but it seems like it won't be happening anytime soon if that.

Archived