Exclusive Photo Of ALP-45DPL 4501 & More....

Cait Sith

It's arrived, it's arrived, it's arrived! Sigh. I guess the ALP44s are now one step closer to retirement?

I think there is a long way to go before this thing hits service. I suppose its time to get them ALP-44s or whatever these 45s are replacing while we still can. I know I will!

I think there is a long way to go before this thing hits service. I suppose its time to get them ALP-44s or whatever these 45s are replacing while we still can. I know I will!

I wish i could... The closest thing i can get are the RC engines we have on "this side of the pond" and they'll be around for quite some time to come.

Unfortunately, 4501 will be sent right to Pueblo for testing. Revenue service will begin this year, but not until late. Interesting to see what schedule changes NJT will make...

I do believe 4500 is at Pueblo at the moment.

4500 is actually in the shipment line of the German factory so it on its way soon. It going to test on the RVL and NJCL first then in the summer it might do some ACES testing.

They can test on NJT before testing at Pueblo is complete?

Official video about delivery:

http://www.deutschebahn.com/site/bahn/zubehoer__assets/en/mediagalerie/videos/bombardier__locomotives__shipping,templateId=renderIFrame,layoutDocId=1101126,siteLang=en__GB.html

Well first things first, first maintenance and service pull yard baby steps. By the time it hits ANY line the test at Pueblo will be done.

I estimate these will enter revenue service in september-october. By that time there will be a steady string of deliveries and we will have a brand new fleet of crazy locomotives never before used in main line service anywhere.

I think the only thing crazier than these, to put it in perspective how amazing it is that they pulled this off, is the Chessie M1 steam-electric.

chicago5002.jpg

tr_co500b.jpg

Coal fired boiler, makes steam, steam turns turbines, turbines turn generator, generator powers electric motors. Basically diesel electric but coal burning instead.

In any case, this locomotive should be celebrated, it is truly a breakthrough, and sets the groundwork for expanded commuter systems.

- A

Archived