NY Post: Oops! Queens HS gets an 'F' (for forgot) in gym

Bracamonte

Smh they did the same thing to me (different school though) last year when I was a senior.

"Oh you're missing Gym credits" but it was their decision to place me in a class that was supposed to be a substitute for Gym while I was in the 10th Grade. I was mad as hell but I graduated on time without having to do a Summer school gym. Imagine being left back because of stupid Gym.

It should be optional or at least redone, currently you NEED 7 semesters of Gym (and there's 8 semesters of High School). Gym every single day as well, that's a bit much in my opinion. When I first found that out when I started High School I was so sick lol, I wanted out of that. Never mind the fact that the Elementary School I went to didn't have Gym (only select classes did), Gym should be a Elementary School priority. I doubt the average High School student wants Gym.

They should just give them the credits, it's not their fault. You can Spring this up in the 9th inning.

Thats so f***ing stupid! I don't go to gym anyway this year. I do all my excersize out of school (such as bike riding).

Kids shouldn't be forced to take gym. I knows last year I almost had to go to summer school for almost failing gym (since I go to another PE class and the gym found out about it too late).

^^ yeah right... that shit will be treated like study hall...

and you know when kids see "study hall" on their program cards, that translates to "I got a free period, son"...

----

anyway, iono what y'all over here talkin....

for me, gym was that deal... especially during senior year...

45 minutes of chillin on the bleachers w/ the homegirls.....

either that, or hittin up the weights & havin endurance contests & strong man contests... with them girls there, well, let's just say there were many pulled muscles, and laughs to be had by all....

I stopped ballin in the beginning of gym, junior year... got tired of kickin those volleyballs clear across the gym, and the freshman kids playin on the scrub rim gettin all in the way... and the cheatin of the core group of kids I played ball w/ throughout soph. year....

who remembers that call "dis' off the body"....

lol

and you know when kids see "study hall" on their program cards, that translates to "I got a free period, son"...

----

either that, or hittin up the weights & havin endurance contests & strong man contests... with them girls there, well, let's just say there were many pulled muscles, and laughs to be had by all....

I stopped ballin in the beginning of gym, junior year... got tired of kickin those volleyballs clear across the gym, and the freshman kids playin on the scrub rim gettin all in the way... and the cheatin of the core group of kids I played ball w/ throughout soph. year....

lol

This describes my gym period. lol

When I was going to HS I hated Gym, in my senior year the teacher made us actually play something, I hate volleyball with a passion, I couldn't play that sport correctly in my life depended on it. The plus side of Gym it when they let the kids play outside on the field during the warmer months, as they rarely "bust chops" when they go outside IIRC.

Also, ever notice that in Gym some girls almost NEVER change for Gym and never actually play anything? How do these girls be passing? The are usually the types that be doing the attendance and what not after everyone started playing something.

Then there's the hood dude that always has his pants hanging halfway off his arse and holding a fitted hat and always be talking about something hood related and never gets dress.

I don't miss HS one bit, didn't like Gym and being around the hood dudes/gang bangers gets old. Also dealing with food foamers on the lunch line was hella irritating, I remember one heavy set kid pretty much went over the counter to pour apple juice in his cup (It was breakfast) he drunk it and it was all dripping off his chin and whatnot, the guy that gives out the food to the students was busy doing something else and dude is rushing like "Come on Son!", I gained 10 pounds just by looking at that dude.

I do miss the commute though, (;)/(Q) train to Brighton Beach was :cool:

And man, after school almost NEVER went straight home, I stayed taking different combos of bus routes to get back to where I live Flatbush.

Other than that, don't miss it one bit.

Wirelessly posted via (BlackBerry8520/5.0.0.900 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

----

lol

At least u had gym with girls. my school had 2 gyms so they split the dudes and chicks up so it was nothing but a sausage fest for 40 mins (not that I really did anything in gym lol). All I did was sit on the bleachers and on occasion lift weights

Does your school have gym as a pass/fail class, or do they actually grade you?

For me, right now it's plain pass/fail—show up prepared each class and you'll pass. Next year, they're moving to a rubric-based system that assess stuff like behavior, effort and fitness. Beyond that, the board is considering making gym a true class with numerical grades.

From a student's point of view, it has it's good and bad side: you have to try hard, but it counts toward your GPA.

Do your schools have gym as a pass/fail class, or do they actually grade you?

For me, right now it's plain pass/fail—show up prepared each class and you'll pass. Next year, they're moving to a rubric-based system that assess stuff like behavior, effort and fitness. Beyond that, the board is considering making gym a true class with numerical grades.

From a student's point of view, it has it's good and bad side: you have to try hard, but it counts toward your GPA.

@ my HS they actually graded you.

Does your school have gym as a pass/fail class, or do they actually grade you?

back in my day, the gym teachers didnt even give a shit, all you had to do was just come prepared with the stupid gym uniform, this one guy i had would alwasy show up late so in turn everyone else did too lol

back in my day, the gym teachers didnt even give a shit, all you had to do was just come prepared with the stupid gym uniform, this one guy i had would alwasy show up late so in turn everyone else did too lol

yup...

That was the ONLY thing that determined your grade....

which didn't even factor into your average anyway....

Archived