SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today couldn't have been anymore perfect. I caught an R32 (C) at Nostrand Av, then an R32 (J) at Broadway Junction like I mentioned earlier, and last but not least, an R160 (C) at Fulton St.

I've managed to be the only person here who hasn't seen one on the (C). What are the odds. I often get the one R46 that will be running on any given day on the (F), so yeah, them's the breaks.

I've managed to be the only person here who hasn't seen one on the (C). What are the odds. I often get the one R46 that will be running on any given day on the (F), so yeah, them's the breaks.

What's funny is that I had just missed a (C) going towards Brooklyn and I expected an (A) to show up, but once I heard the Alston propulsion, I knew what it was.

They don't have enough 60 foot cars to make the (C) full length unless you do that R46/R32 (A)(C) swap. Plus, the (MTA) doesn't see the (C) needing full length trains - meaning it can handle the amount of people who use it on Central Park West, 8th Avenue and Fulton Street.

Guest Lance

Is it just me or are the 60th Street tubes becoming the new Montague? It seems like every day, some kind of signal problems keep occurring at Lexington Av-59 St.

They don't have enough 60 foot cars to make the (C) full length unless you do that R46/R32 (A)(C) swap. Plus, the (MTA) doesn't see the (C) needing full length trains - meaning it can handle the amount of people who use it on Central Park West, 8th Avenue and Fulton Street.

there's enough cars its just each barn needs their spares, if the (C) was full length with 18 trains of R32s that's 180 out of 222 cars leaving 42 cars as spares and that's not enough cars for spares

There are 13 sets of R32s and 5 sets of R42s on the (J) and (Z)

You mean 6 sets of R42s (half run on the (J) and the other half run on the (Z)). Remember there are only 48-50 R42s left at the East New York Yard in Brooklyn.

Since I got nothing better to do than to fan in the subway all summer long starting in July 8 (I finished school by June 26 and now have summer school starting on July 8), are the R32s running more than the R160A-1s or the (J) crews still uses the latter more than the former?

Edited by RollOverMyHead

You mean 6 sets of R42s (half run on the (J) and the other half run on the (Z)). Remember there are only 48-50 R42s left at the East New York Yard in Brooklyn.

Since I got nothing better to do than to fan in the subway all summer long starting in July 8 (I finished school by June 26 and now have summer school starting on July 8), are the R32s running more than the R160A-1s or the (J) crews still uses the latter more than the former?

There are no trains assigned to the (Z)...

There are no trains assigned to the (Z)...

I'm very well aware that the (J)(Z) is one line due to aforementioned reasons...just trying to say that 2-3 R42 sets make (Z) service for the schedule rush hour skip-stop from my prespective...

Edited by RollOverMyHead

I'm very well aware that the (J)(Z) is one line due to aforementioned reasons...just trying to say that 2-3 R42 sets make (Z) service for the schedule rush hour skip-stop from my prespective...

That's not always true...I can remember a few times where the (Z) was all 160s for the afternoon

Is it just me or are the 60th Street tubes becoming the new Montague? It seems like every day, some kind of signal problems keep occurring at Lexington Av-59 St.

I've noticed that too, although I don't think it's like montague. I don't think the 60th st tube flooded at all. That and 63rd I think were the only ones fully spared, besides the Harlem river tubes. Possibly the Steinway tubes as well.

I've noticed that too, although I don't think it's like montague. I don't think the 60th st tube flooded at all. That and 63rd I think were the only ones fully spared, besides the Harlem river tubes. Possibly the Steinway tubes as well.

Yep, that's correct, I remember this too. Those two tunnels were unaffected, untouched. But the Steinway Tubes were flooded up to the ceiling. Unsure about the Harlem Tubes, I'm not sure, the press I don't believe neither the MTA commented on that.