SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes indeed... this'll do until the R211s come along...

Erica now it's jade from jackie chan, what the deuce...

Lmao.

But at least my original train is still around unlike a lot of other people who rep lines that their favorite cars were taken off of. #R46 (F) Till2015

Edited by E For Erica

10 cars not 10 sets

Pooh! =\ Ah well can't wait for them to come in. I wonder which line that 10 car unit will enter service on after it's finished testing.

I'm glad they're going to use that propulsion, it's by far the best propulsion in the system. 

What I do really hope is that they don't come out as bad as the R142's.... The R142's are plain ugly and horrible. If it would have more of an R143/R160 feel to it that would be nice, in my opinion.

R142's ugly? Man you're lucky we don't have beef! If Turbo or Erica would've even insinuated any dislike for the beast (R142/a) I would smack flames out of them!

Pooh! =\ Ah well can't wait for them to come in. I wonder which line that 10 car unit will enter service on after it's finished testing.

R142's ugly? Man you're lucky we don't have beef! If Turbo or Erica would've even insinuated any dislike for the beast (R142/a) I would smack flames out of them!

I hope you knew that I was talking about the R142, not the R142A.

I hope you knew that I was talking about the R142, not the R142A.

The differences are few. Propulsion is the most obvious thing and there are a couple of minor cosmetic details. They're basically the same thing. The exteriors are nearly identical. Yes, I know which one I'm getting on, but I can't tell by a quick glance if I can't hear the propulsion.

They will most likely enter service on the (A) and (C) since the order is mainly for Piktin/207 st. Then ENY will follow since they only have 50 trains to replace.

The only thing I wonder is what is going to happen to some R46's that the (A) has if they are getting a few R179's. Could it be possible that those sets will go to the (G) and increase the length from 4 cars to 6 cars or are they going to retire since the R211 delivery by then will be right around the corner.

Of course not. The (G) has enough R68s and R68As to cover its entire fleet. I believe those 40 R179 cars in sets of five will head for the (A) to push off 32 R46 cars to Jamaica, where they'll run on the (F). And then 40 R160 cars in sets of five from Jamaica will be pushed off to Coney Island for both the (N) and (Q).

Of course not. The (G) has enough R68s and R68As to cover its entire fleet. I believe those 40 R179 cars in sets of five will head for the (A) to push off 32 R46 cars to Jamaica, where they'll run on the (F). And then 40 R160 cars in sets of five from Jamaica will be pushed off to Coney Island for both the (N) and (Q).

Pushed off to the (Q) for the SAS?

Am I the only one around here that is getting tired of the term 'foamer'? Seriously, is it that difficult for a group of people with a shared interest to get along? Why must we be b*tching at each other all the time?

Sure, there is the odd crazy here and there, but that is true in every hobby, and sometimes, what you construe as foamer may just be a misinformed person, and what you interpret as foaming may just be a genuine mistake, which can be pointed out without the derogatory insults. And as for people who get excited over trains... that is their prerogative, and frankly I have enough problems without worrying about what someone else does with their life.

Edited by ttcsubwayfan

Most likely so.

Makes sense.

Am I the only one around here that is getting tired of the term 'foamer'? Seriously, is it that difficult for a group of people with a shared interest to get along? Why must we be b*tching at each other all the time? Agreed, that term is definitely thrown around too loosely.

Sure, there is the odd crazy here and there, but that is true in every hobby, and sometimes, what you construe as foamer may just be a misinformed person, and what you interpret as foaming may just be a genuine mistake, which can be pointed out without the derogatory insults. And as for people who get excited over trains... that is their prerogative, and frankly I have enough problems without worrying about what someone else does with their life.

To TTC I meant to say I agree that term is thrown around too frequently. As for the bashing some users on here deserve their "bashing".

man is the train really that heavy for you to be braking three car lengths before the station...? slow ass operator

Probably a probie that's uncomfortable with their operation, I feel your pain when it comes to t/P's that act like they're on the 5th week of school car and creep up to the 10 car marker.