BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

Nova dont worry about it...this isn't the place for me to be...im known as a Foamer...that causes people to leave...but its all good...

Ahh come on bro dont leave. I love xcelsiors too (see my username). I agree with youngblaze. Its ok to love your favorite bus but dont get out of control with it. there are many more important thing in life, then those buses. after 15-20 those buses will be gone. they wont be here forever, however your life will go on. i know you have friends you hang out with and your probably cool socially. but dont let these buses take over your life, and most of all, dont leave us. I love your personality on here, and you make me laugh (no homo) lol. come on... :)

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't get so emotional.....we get it, you LOVE the Xcelsior but quite frankly don't let it (the hobby) overtake your teenage years...there are classic memories to be made, girls to meet, social gatherings to attend etc... I probably love the Xcelsior as much as you do but I know there is more to life than it...I only write down bus numbers because I have to in my line of work. Nonetheless, I hope you get what I'm saying here...yes you can love the Xcelsior and the hobby in general but don't isolate yourself from your peers (don't succumb to negative peer pressure either!) in vain of chasing a bunch of buses.

Agreed.

However, I am doubtful about the 'classic memories' to be made, but that is a rant for another time...

Edited by ttcsubwayfan

probably the quickest ride I ever had on a Q76 tonight... I didn't clock it/log this trip, but man did we get to northern blvd quick... didn't help that I decided not to board 2 Q12's & 3 Q13's (Flushing bound), so what I did was walk to Bell Blvd, over there by the LIRR station (Bayside).... I was gonna actually take the LIRR back to manhattan, but as I was crossing the street, I saw a bus (luckily it was the Q13) at the northern/Bell stop, so I crossed back & took that Q13 to Bell/23rd.... Then I ended up taking the QM2 back to manhattan

(ugh, I wasn't even thinking about no "black friday" today, maneuvering through all them dam people on 34th & on 6th, as well as along jamaica av from parsons to 163rd - never seen so many god damn gutterbunnies on one stretch of road in all my life.... You'd have thought they were giving away hundreds of dollars in food stamps or something)......

Anyway, What was odd was that, there were about 7 or 8 express buses lined up along the north side of 34th st between 5th & 6th avenues... The b/o on the QM2 I had, dropped us off on the corner of 34th/6th (in front of the first of the 7 or 8 buses that was lined up along 34th).... Is that a new layover spot or something?

If anybody cares, after coming from chinatown to hit up the hobby shop, I walked over to Park Row, and took the:

QM11 > Q64 > Q65 > (walk to the) Q76 > QM2 > (pizza break) > (2) @ 34th st

Anyway, What was odd was that, there were about 7 or 8 express buses lined up along the north side of 34th st between 5th & 6th avenues... The b/o on the QM2 I had, dropped us off on the corner of 34th/6th (in front of the first of the 7 or 8 buses that was lined up along 34th).... Is that a new layover spot or something?

Wouldn't say it is new but I do see quite a few QM buses there laying over and sometimes BxMs will lay over there too (BxM2)... I was walking over there yesterday after having dinner down in Chelsea and God were there a lot of idiots waiting over by that H&M. I was looking at them like they were crazy.

Alright.....IM DONE...im done....IM DONE...goshh ^i didnt know i make people leave :unsure: ....i just try to have fun and laugh with everyone but if im going overboard...then im done...

Don't criticize yourself.. Yeah you like Xcelsiors, that's fine, everyone has a preference towards a certain bus, but don't let it take over your whole life and be the only thing you think about. Have fun and do other stuff as well, transit should be a part of your life indeed (as it is all of ours) but cannot be the ONLY part of your life..

Lol I was going with a bunch of friends to catch 4710 and 2 of my friends were on it when the doors got messed up, it was kind of hilarious considering one of these guys are known for their bad luck. Oh well, at least I got some pictures!

At least you was able to catch a picture of it lmao

Barring some major flaw that prevents the MTA from eventually picking up the full order, I'm sure they're here to stay. Basically, you'll get your pics someday. :)

I never once got to see the Designline buses in person, let alone get a ride on one, but eh that's life.

Edited by Grand Concourse

Barring some major flaw that prevents the MTA from eventually picking up the full order, I'm sure they're here to stay. Basically, you'll get your pics someday. :)

I never once got to see the Designline buses in person, let alone get a ride on one, but eh that's life.

^ That's a shame, those were some good buses to ride (on the days they worked!). Ended up running once a day out of Mannyville at the end, run #22 on the M1 (from the photos I found) had one every day. Nice buses.

By the way, was (MTA) under full ownership of those buses or was Designline? I ask this because I want to know how (MTA) rid itself of those buses.

If they were a good product a diesel conversion could have been attempted, and/or a diesel option excersised. Seems like a lot of wasted potential.

I don't know what Eastchester did with them Orion Vs, but they move...passed a Q44 going over the bridge which capped out lol

Lol I would've went down there to get a picture (and I was actually in the area), but it was too far away

...oh well, at least I saw it later in the day while on the bus :D

Edited by Fresh Pond

Wouldn't say it is new but I do see quite a few QM buses there laying over and sometimes BxMs will lay over there too (BxM2)... I was walking over there yesterday after having dinner down in Chelsea and God were there a lot of idiots waiting over by that H&M. I was looking at them like they were crazy.

I mean, I've seen maybe one or two buses parked along there on many different occasions in the past, but like I said, there were about 7 or 8 of them things parked over there last night....

I know I caught the 7pm QM2 out of bayside, so that put me in manhattan around 8pm..... I wish I would've saw all the depot logos, but at least 4 of them were CP (college point) buses....

As far as aimlessly walking idiots (I felt like I was walking along with zombies over there on 34th/6th), it's amazing how I didn't bump into any of them walking as fast I do..... The stupefied looks out of people when I pass by 'em while walking, I'm used to already.... Fine lookin women out there last night, I'll admit - but I already got a lady right now.... and quite frankly, I wasn't thinkin about tail - I just wanted to get my pizza & get the phuck outta dodge, back to Brooklyn.....

More on topic, I was thinking maybe all those buses were LIRR shuttles or something.... but then I thought to myself, why would they be over on 6th instead of 7th.....

probably the quickest ride I ever had on a Q76 tonight... I didn't clock it/log this trip, but man did we get to northern blvd quick... didn't help that I decided not to board 2 Q12's & 3 Q13's (Flushing bound), so what I did was walk to Bell Blvd, over there by the LIRR station (Bayside).... I was gonna actually take the LIRR back to manhattan, but as I was crossing the street, I saw a bus (luckily it was the Q13) at the northern/Bell stop, so I crossed back & took that Q13 to Bell/23rd.... Then I ended up taking the QM2 back to manhattan

(ugh, I wasn't even thinking about no "black friday" today, maneuvering through all them dam people on 34th & on 6th, as well as along jamaica av from parsons to 163rd - never seen so many god damn gutterbunnies on one stretch of road in all my life.... You'd have thought they were giving away hundreds of dollars in food stamps or something)......

I don't think so actually and that's not the first time either. Buses often lay up either at 34th or 35th (mostly 35th).

I don't think so actually and that's not the first time either. Buses often lay up either at 34th or 35th (mostly 35th).

Right, buses lining up on 35th I know about...

iono, next time I'm around manhattan mall, I'll keep an eye out for mad buses like that parked along 34th.

By the way, was (MTA) under full ownership of those buses or was Designline? I ask this because I want to know how (MTA) rid itself of those buses.

If they were a good product a diesel conversion could have been attempted, and/or a diesel option excersised. Seems like a lot of wasted potential.

I think it was supposed to be a 90 bus order and if they passed, the MTA would buy them. Those buses had some issues that the MTA just decided they had enough and canceled the order and DL took them back - IIRC*

I think it was supposed to be a 90 bus order and if they passed, the MTA would buy them. Those buses had some issues that the MTA just decided they had enough and canceled the order and DL took them back - IIRC*

They should've got CNG instead...Arlington Transit just got an order of CNG hybrid ones (yes CNG hybrid lol). Dunno if they in service yet

They came really close too, by the time the word came from the higher-ups that the order was cancelled Manhattanville was in the middle of training all its ops for the 45 buses they expected. Took all of us by surprise.

That sucks, but it is what it is.

They should've got CNG instead...Arlington Transit just got an order of CNG hybrid ones (yes CNG hybrid lol). Dunno if they in service yet

Would love to see that tested out here in California. Also, still awaiting MTS's CNG/Electric as well.

so im on the S78 coming from a party in manhattan and as we are on hylan blvd...we braked madd hard...from 35mph to 10mph....in 2secs...goshh we flew....some drunk man ran red light and bus driver was safe enough to brake...some guy fell but he was ok...people got shook...but overall we are ok...and we continued the ride...you was able to hear this Orion V skid along the pavement...like the sound a car makes when it breaks hard...this Orion did that...but everyones alright and the driver back to doing 35mph lol

Oh God... I love how dramatic women are... I notice when I come home late the women that get off of the bus act like they are so afraid. You should see them looking all around. Doesn't matter if it's just them getting off or a busy stop with several folks getting off. I'm thinking to myself, really?? Are you that ****** afraid?? I mean I come home all times of the night and I'm never afraid. If you're that afraid in one of the safest neighborhoods in the city maybe you should move elsewhere. Granted I know they're women but really.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

Every day, no matter where im at in Brooklyn I see either 232 or 262 on some Gleason route or if I just so happen to get caught in a subway shuttle. Today I got the biggest surprise...

...saw 232 AND 262 sitting right next to each other smh lol

so im on the S78 coming from a party in manhattan and as we are on hylan blvd...we braked madd hard...from 35mph to 10mph....in 2secs...goshh we flew....some drunk man ran red light and bus driver was safe enough to brake...some guy fell but he was ok...people got shook...but overall we are ok...and we continued the ride...you was able to hear this Orion V skid along the pavement...like the sound a car makes when it breaks hard...this Orion did that...but everyones alright and the driver back to doing 35mph lol

I doubt the brakes actually locked up since everything built after '96 have ABS installed.

...unless you on ice or in the rain, or the bus skidding sideways on some next level shit lol