BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

I don't know what the interiors of the city Orion V CNGs are like, but LI's Orion Vs have baby blue interiors with matching blue seats.. but the little partition by the door is normally white, while the operator's little area is black. A few buses have a black partition rather than a white one and it looks pretty damn cool.

All black interior with the standard blue seats

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After I took my Torts final exam, I had lunch in Flushing. I then took the Q28 to Bayside. I was trying to take QM2A pics but that was an epic fail. One bus went by too fast. When I tried to take a pic of another bus, the driver made this gesture. A Caucasian woman who got off the bus looked at me funny. Since I was in a weird neighborhood and I didn't want any crap, I got out of there. I took the Q76 back to Jamaica. There were a few Bayside High School kids coming back from their track and football practice. Although the Q76 is along route, it is deceptively fast.

As soon as I get off the (L) train, this is what I saw...

3966 on the B54

3967 on the B26 (my bus :mad:)

3970 deadheading from the Q55

I'm being stalked by these NGs :P

(and these 2 "questionable" ladies lol)

EDIT: my bus wasn't 3967, that was a deadhead...its 3971 -__-

Edited by Fresh Pond

I finally rode a bus in Manhattan this afternoon - M4 from 5th and 49th (or the nearest stop) to 5th and 34th. The O7 OG (do not want and never will)'s farebox kept giving me read errors until the third dip. As it went further into Midtown, a man wanting to get on a couple stops away from Penn Station got on and the bus operator said in a gruff voice, "This is New York, man, look at all the girls.. why didn't you just walk?"

I know LGA has some effed up maintaince but this one just takes the cake...

I'm on the Q39 now (8766), and the Q39 in front (9313) is late. But that's not the problem. On 9313, every time the left turn signal goes on on the front and side of the bus, the right one comes on in the back. Every time the right one comes on, the left one comes on in the back. I'm sitting here in the front (its empty on this one) just cracking up

Man, why do middle age woman change their seat so damn much during the course of one bus ride? There be like 3 to 4 times in one trip where a woman changes her seat on the bus... several woman do this... its so annoying. What makes it more annoying is they carry a shitload of bags with them, I mean WTF is in those bags that you have to bring all that ish with you to work everyday!?!

I'm riding on a SRO B8, I'm standing on the HF section of the bus (C40LF), person sitting in front of me gets off, I'm about to sit down and then this effing middle age black woman throws her dumbass bags in the seat in front of me and sits there! She already had a seat in the rear row, and I was standing front of the inward facing seats, she throws her bag there and sits there, I mean WTF? I posposely sat next to that broad just to annoy her rather than sit at the rear seat she just got out of.

I got burned this morning and was late to work due to the driver relief showing up late smh, with Original B/O calling supt and all that jazz.

Man I hate the B8 bus, I'm glad I got photos of it in my collection I can print them out and burn them lol.

I know LGA has some effed up maintaince but this one just takes the cake...

I'm on the Q39 now (8766), and the Q39 in front (9313) is late. But that's not the problem. On 9313, every time the left turn signal goes on on the front and side of the bus, the right one comes on in the back. Every time the right one comes on, the left one comes on in the back. I'm sitting here in the front (its empty on this one) just cracking up

This post belongs in ....When you know your A foamer...I I mean lol addicted to buses,Hey pushcart ducky did you notice how 9313 has 5000lbs on one side and 45,000lbs on the other

Got my 2nd LFS ride today: 8035 on the B6. Unfortunately it is after 3pm and all the kids are out, so the bus was extra crowded. But I managed to get a seat in the last row and i didn't have a problem with the ceiling. I still think the '2-seaters' in front of the last row should be turned into single [interior facing] seats. Then you solve the problem of the lack of space. They should've had the 2x1 seats for the front like the NGs have.

Although I don't know much about buses (I've rode them since I was a kid, not their history/type :/), I did some research, so now I can foam/rant =D

-I hate having Orion V's on the (Q76) (my school bus), because they're a horrible ride, not to mention so much crowding...

- I like RTS buses, and I'm happy they started running a few 5000 ones on the 76' now, they're quite a smooth ride :P

-I think the newer buses are OK, with their wider space, but they are quite repetitive to see after a while.

Hope I got all that right.... whew. :P

Edited by R1103
grammer

Anyone here that uses/lives by the FB routes like the B46 etc: Does anyone think 5128 sounds a bit different? I don't know how to say it, but it's almost like it has a different engine sound compared to the other 5000s there. It's as unique as 9644 - best way i can describe it.

I could be wrong as the bus passed by me too quickly for me to get a vid of it. I'm just curious on anyone else's thoughts.

Although I don't know much about buses (I've rode them since I was a kid, not their history/type :/), I did some research, so now I can foam/rant =D

-I hate having Orion V's on the (Q76) (my school bus), because they're a horrible ride, not to mention so much crowding...

- I like RTS buses, and I'm happy they started running a few 5000 ones on the 76' now, they're quite a smooth ride :)

-I think the newer buses are OK, with their wider space, but they are quite repetitive to see after a while.

Hope I got all that right.... whew. :)

The NovaBuses on the Q76 are for school tripping. I first saw decal #6870 on the Q76 is my route.

Today I did some Bronx fanning. I spent 45 minutes at City Island, waiting for the BxM7A. At 6:50, I finally gave up. Two minutes later, the Bx29 back to Coop City was crossing the City Island Bridge when I saw the BxM7A heading to City Island. However, I did catch an Artic on the Bee Line 45 route. Pics will be posted on Friday.

Not sure if mentioned already, but 8752's back is totally white [even the rear display sign]. 9643, wow, did it always have a 'roar' sound? You can hear that bus a whole block away.

I missed getting on a Nova LFS on the B6 as the bus closed up just as I got to the door. It think it was 8034. there was also another LFS before it, but didn't get the number.

I had my first bus accident this morning lol. My B8 had a fender bender with a fairly new Cadillac Escalde, minor accident. It was quite funny as this older little dude was driving the Cadi and was livid at the B/O, I mean dude went nuts. I was sitting in the back so I couldn't hear what he was saying.

The stupidity of the middle age woman that ride on the B8 kinda ruined the LOLS of the moment though. The dude that was driving the Cadi walked along the side of the bus and this dumb ass woman on the bus bangs on the glass and barks at him... Not actually bark at him like a dog per se, but give him a piece of her mind even dude couldn't even hear her.

B/O lets the customers off and everyone checks the damage (There was nothing major TBH, the Cadi might need cosmetic work it was a white SUV and the bus's bumper made contact with the SUV) another B8 was right behind it, one of the middle age woman is now going ham on the driver of the Cadi, dude was just sitting in his SUV with his head down... kinda felt sorry for him. I had the B/O coming home today from work (With a different bus) and dude is clear from any drama I guess.

... Point is why don't people mind there own business?

Also I still got to work on time so I wasn't even mad. :cool: