BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

Not sure if mentioned already, but 8752's back is totally white [even the rear display sign]. 9643, wow, did it always have a 'roar' sound? You can hear that bus a whole block away.

I missed getting on a Nova LFS on the B6 as the bus closed up just as I got to the door. It think it was 8034. there was also another LFS before it, but didn't get the number.

Wait outside the Ulmer Park depot. There are a crapload of LFS buses there. They usually go into service on the B3, B6, and B64.

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am not in any hurry/need to ride them. I've already rode 2 now. I'm just saying I missed out a ride on that one. To me it's I catch it or I don't. No big deal to me. They will be more frequent when all the buses delivered to UP are running in service.

I hear you. I'm really in no rush to ride one since I'm not in UP territory. If this was like 6-7 years ago or so, I would have rode one by now.

Glad I missed the 3:17 am B26 tonight...it was a NG -__-

I am not in any hurry/need to ride them. I've already rode 2 now. I'm just saying I missed out a ride on that one. To me it's I catch it or I don't. No big deal to me. They will be more frequent when all the buses delivered to UP are running in service.

They're all basically there except for maybe 1 or 2...there's one on the B36 right now on the overnight run

I hear you. I'm really in no rush to ride one since I'm not in UP territory. If this was like 6-7 years ago or so, I would have rode one by now.

Yeah, if it was that long ago, I probably would've pounded on the door to get the b/o to let me on. lol. But like I said, they'll be here for a while, no big deal.

Hell, I never even got to see the DL buses in person let alone ride them. and I'm not at all that upset over that.

Glad I missed the 3:17 am B26 tonight...it was a NG -__-

They're all basically there except for maybe 1 or 2...there's one on the B36 right now on the overnight run

I see.

Subchatters have the dumbest bus route ideas. Someone proposed combining the Q76 and Q77, even though it would circumvent downtown Jamaica. Another person wanted to extend the Q44 to JFK Airport.

I just got through browsing some of the more recent threads in buschat....

all I could do is SMFH....

Subchatters have the dumbest bus route ideas. Someone proposed combining the Q76 and Q77, even though it would circumvent downtown Jamaica. Another person wanted to extend the Q44 to JFK Airport.

Huh?, I'd like to know the weed they were smoking when they thought of those ideas

Holy mother of pearl, I need to ride a +SBS route again. It's been, I dunno, 4 months since the last time I rode one? Granted, I still haven't gotten around to riding any express bus routes. I don't even remember the last time I rode the B44 or B8, and they're my home routes O.O

Anyway, yesterday, after midnight I saw two B44 buses on Nostrand pretty close together. The first once was nearly empty, but the 2nd one was pretty decently full. Huh. Weird.

lol at the Q 44 idea.

If you think about it, there is a little bit of logic in the Q76/Q77 combo. Anybody going to Jamaica has the option of transferring to the Q1/Q36/Q43. In addition, basically all Q77 riders are within walking distance of a route that goes directly to Jamaica. The Q76 has other routes within walking distance that connect to the subway.

The problem is that routes that don't connect with the subway tend to perform poorly (like the Q79. It wasn't that bad, but it still did much worse than the surrounding routes)

9129 has this deep sounding growl to it...it sounds like a big oversized 19 ton cat lol

When was 6010 at MTA Bus? Still stickered for MTA Bus and painted like an MTA Bus O5, funny to see out of Stengel.

Around the time Eastchester started doing Q50 (at that time QBx1) runs. That bus also saw some time at College Point before being sent back to Casey Stengel.

You should ride the Ulmer Pk lines one day. You'll be bound to see one. There's [i forget the number], but more than a handful of them with the orange led signs.

IIRC, its 5105-5112. 9444 & 9445 out of Grand Avenue also have them