BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One question: Is it also illegal to smoke in bus stops? I know they banned smoking on outdoor subway platforms but I am just wondering if the city has done the same on the bus stops. It turns out that on Wednesday when I was waiting for the (Bx1) local, there were two women and a guy smoking cigarrettes while waiting for the bus.

I'm pretty sure that's not illegal, unless it was an enclosed terminal. You obviously have to discard the cigarette when you get on the bus.

At the White Plains Transcenter (where many buses either terminate or stop), smoking is not allowed. But then again it's the Bee Line and not the NYCTA.

In Queens the Q44 (Q44) rules!

Btw, can someone post a picture of the old QBX1 flipdot sign of the "Via", destination, etc? I'm making an LED titan sign with the QBX1 route to make it look like the QBX1 was still alive and 230 is on the QBX1 thanks.

Which is why the clip blew me away. I love it when he gets stuck behind that Nissan Murano and he blows his horn at the driver.

What's also going to blow me away is how I'm going to get around in six months without a license and/or a viable transportation option. This isn't how I envisioned LIB's 38th birthday (June 3rd was the day... and I was just coming out of an ailment that entire week)....

Man the BM4 ridership shot up, coming home I seen a BM4 and every seat was full, kudos to the MTA for filling those BM4s up, then again, that one trip could be busy, I took a BM4 home on Tuesday and it wasn't exactly empty so TBH IDK lol.

Prior to this, BM4 had low ridership, to the point it puzzled me like, how did this route survive service cuts? Why does this route even run off peak & Saturdays? LOL.

I would love to see MTA express buses filled up regularly like the NJT routes that use MCIs. I fanned the 151 from Paterson to PABT last week and it got caught in the usual Lincoln Tunnel reverse peak traffic. The NJT buses that were MCIs were all full wheres there was quite a few not so full MTA MCIs on the via NJ express routes.

Man, I wish TA could somehow get Orion to bring back the V for express bus routes, or maybe MTS could make some suburban RTSs. Its a joke that the MTA exp fleet is 100% OTR buses, it should a mix of transit buses w/ soft seats and MCIs. Like SC and CP was.

I'd call that variety! Y'all got C40LF CNGs, O5 CNGs, O7 CNGs... I got O7 Hybrids and O7 NG Hybrids and that's it... Living on the Manhattanville routes doesn't have too much interesting fleet action. An O5 CNG by itself wins over any OG Hybrid if you ask me. My only luck is the occasional 126 or Quill RTS passing me by, it's all hybrids for me...

yeah but JG is the only non RTS and Hybrid bus depot in Brooklyn. You know how that looks. and whenever u talk about their routes... no one has a clue... ppl are all about buses like the (B25) or the (B83) or the (B26) or the (B54) or the (B48)... and routes like that. That's why I wish the B41 could run on 7th ave one day...

yeah but JG is the only non RTS and Hybrid bus depot in Brooklyn. You know how that looks. and whenever u talk about their routes... no one has a clue... ppl are all about buses like the (B25) or the (B83) or the (B26) or the (B54) or the (B48)... and routes like that. That's why I wish the B41 could run on 7th ave one day...

Ulmer Park has no hybrids....

Man, it feels good to live near CS routes. Everyday is a mix of 05 diesels, 07 ng/og hybrids, and even rts school trippers, but that is over.

I'd call that variety! Y'all got C40LF CNGs, O5 CNGs, O7 CNGs... I got O7 Hybrids and O7 NG Hybrids and that's it... Living on the Manhattanville routes doesn't have too much interesting fleet action. An O5 CNG by itself wins over any OG Hybrid if you ask me. My only luck is the occasional 126 or Quill RTS passing me by, it's all hybrids for me...

Try nothing but Orion Vs and Orion VII CNGs with nothing older around. At least some RTS buses remain in Manhattan.