BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Via Garibaldi 8" data-cid="635323" data-time="1358786582"><p>

LOL... Oh please an NG and a 3G is the same crap to me (a MCI man) aside from a few small changes... In any event, believe me, I get plenty of use out of my Express bus Plus card via <strong class='bbc'>the express bus or the Hudson Rail Link. </strong>I only need to take 9 express bus trips to almost break even anyway so weekend and night trips to the city and in the city or elsewhere are a bonus. <br />

<br />

You must be crazy if you think I'm taking "leisure trips" in the Bronx. :lol:</p></blockquote>

Be happy the Bronx has bus service with actual buses

some lady on the bus asked a bus driver wheres the bus with the window in the back, 

and i talked to a guy about the rear facing seats, he told me he doesnt see those buses often. 

lol... Out of all of the newer buses, I have to say the doors were slow as hell on those buses... When they first came to Staten Island, a lot of folks complained that they were too small... I did like the glass windows they have by the rear door... Give a bit more separation if you will if you're standing there.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Via Garibaldi 8" data-cid="635323" data-time="1358786582"><p>

LOL... Oh please an NG and a 3G is the same crap to me (a MCI man) aside from a few small changes... In any event, believe me, I get plenty of use out of my Express bus Plus card via <strong class='bbc'>the express bus or the Hudson Rail Link. </strong>I only need to take 9 express bus trips to almost break even anyway so weekend and night trips to the city and in the city or elsewhere are a bonus. <br />

<br />

You must be crazy if you think I'm taking "leisure trips" in the Bronx. :lol:</p></blockquote>

Be happy the Bronx has bus service with actual buses

lol... Doesn't make a difference to me either way... As long as Riverdale has its express buses... Worst case scenario there's always MetroNorth.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Turbo19" data-cid="635384" data-time="1358794429"><p>

Are they missed much?</p></blockquote>

lol idk that much, if they dont miss them, they not gonna say nothing, if they did like them and wonder where their at, then theyll say something.

Those buses are breaking down everywhere. Someone else reported #4815 breaking down two days ago.

This is quite a concern in terms of the chances of the XD40 being chosen for the big order. The concept of the LFS being chosen is a haunting one. Maybe Nova can whip-up a longer-wheelbase model or something. Bloody hell, 600 buses witht that interior and long overhang is an unpleasant thought.

Mechanically they sound fine, cosmetically they look like shit, that's pretty much it. I'd rather have a well running bus than one that just looks nice on the outside but runs like shit. I take the b82 the most of the ENY lines and never had problems with the bus. So don't judge a bus by its cover.

=

I've been seeing RTS 9653 quite a lot this week. I think today was the 4th time I saw it in a 1 week span. Lol. Also was 5041 at ENY? I could've sworn I saw it had an ENY sticker while it ran down Utica just outside the depot.

Edited by Grand Concourse

Mechanically they sound fine, cosmetically they look like shit, that's pretty much it. I'd rather have a well running bus than one that just looks nice on the outside but runs like shit. I take the b82 the most of the ENY lines and never had problems with the bus. So don't judge a bus by its cover.

=

I've been seeing RTS 9653 quite a lot this week. I think today was the 4th time I saw it in a 1 week span. Lol. Also was 5041 at ENY? I could've sworn I saw it had an ENY sticker while it ran down Utica just outside the depot.

Yeah yeah yeah... I've used the B82 a lot as well along Kings Highway and they were never terrible, but certainly not great either.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="XcelsiorBoii4888" data-cid="635508" data-time="1358811389"><p>

When buses you EZ-Pass (for all boroughs, but im basing off of Staten Island)<br />

do they <br />

1) pay full price<br />

2) have a free pass<br />

3) pay a discounted price</p></blockquote>

I assume since the MTA owns the bridges and tunnels it's free for MTA buses, but I'm sure the Port Authority and NJ Turnpike make them pay full price on the runs that go through NJ.

Edited by Orion VII 4 Life

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="XcelsiorBoii4888" data-cid="635508" data-time="1358811389"><p>

When buses you EZ-Pass (for all boroughs, but im basing off of Staten Island)<br />

do they <br />

1) pay full price<br />

2) have a free pass<br />

3) pay a discounted price</p></blockquote>

I assume since the MTA owns the bridges and tunnels it's free for MTA buses, but I'm sure the Port Authority and NJ Turnpike make them pay full price on the runs that go through NJ.

that makes sense like those Staten Island express buses that run through NJ

Does CAS really need MCI 2783??

i mean its the only odd ball, if that was to leave, then CAS would have 2 types of local buses and 2 types of express buses

2783 should go back to YUK and YUK should give CAS one of their 20xx MCIs. or to keep it neat 2783 go to YUK and YUK give cas 2728

Edited by XcelsiorBoii4888