BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

Don't say more than that, we'll start seeing foamers pulling the kill switches like they change rollsigns...

I've had many oppurtunities and never have. I would think you could cause more trouble by inserting foreign substances/materials in the fuel tank.

ooohh that thing on the outside? 

mann the way the news was saying it, i thought it was inside the bus

yeahh i see those all over the prevost and Orion VII 3Gs in staten island it says

"Main Power Disconnect Switch"

They would never place them inside the bus.

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
to be honest, if i was a a**hole/knucklehead, there would be a least 20 switches pulled for how many i come across, however, since my love for buses and me knowing its not the right thing to do. i just watch the bus leave. . 

:huh: ?

Don't say more than that, we'll start seeing foamers pulling the kill switches like they change rollsigns...

I stand corrected. :mellow:

A story from a few days ago.....

So I was waiting with my friends for the bus, and it comes, and they're all like "WOAH, IT'S PACKED!" So I turn and look, and there weren't any standees. <_< As a matter of fact, there were even a few seats way in the back. I told them they should ride the Lex during rush hours.

oohh ok this is what ive been wanting to ask for the longest

ok with the 1200 novas those are BT&E buses...

will they all be sent to one depot eventually like the LFS/XD40/VII 3Gs?

same question goes with the prevost? 

I mean, maybe at some point, but there's no real reason to now. Those 1200s were test buses to qualify the LFSA and it was definitely qualified, with us going on 300 buses later. The LFSes/XD40s etc. were split between depots for the evaluation period and when that ended, that's when the moves happened and they got sent to single depots. The 1200s are long past the evaluation period, so there's no real reason to move them around. The Prevosts are also qualified and past the eval period, so any future moves would probably just be due to age / mileage.

A story from a few days ago.....

So I was waiting with my friends for the bus, and it comes, and they're all like "WOAH, IT'S PACKED!" So I turn and look, and there weren't any standees. <_< As a matter of fact, there were even a few seats way in the back. I told them they should ride the Lex during rush hours.

You think they're related to Pinepower? ;)

In any case, sometimes with the lighting, I can't tell if the bus is crowded until I actually get on. Sometimes I see the bus pull in, and with the people's reflections and everything (especially when I'm not wearing my glasses, which is normally), it looks like it's crowded, but it's really half-empty.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Turbo19" data-cid="635137" data-time="1358735384"><p>

It's a shutoff switch that's located in the rear near the fuel tank/engine, All buses in the MTA fleet are equipped with them.</p></blockquote>

Its actually the battery cutoff switch. The CNG buses have an additional one for the fuel

Has anyone ever seen a D60 or LFSA artic from MJQ heading across 12th Street around University and 5th. I saw this a few months ago.

Here's the location 

https://maps.google.com/?ll=40.733739,-73.992947&spn=0.003317,0.005284&t=h&z=18&layer=c&cbll=40.73392,-73.992854&panoid=6eweI_3GVC6NOROVNnLMhw&cbp=12,274.4,,0,-5.76

The bus was a D60HF, 5604

8401299379_0f86234e7a_b.jpg

Has anyone ever seen a D60 or LFSA artic from MJQ heading across 12th Street around University and 5th. I saw this a few months ago.

Here's the location 

https://maps.google.com/?ll=40.733739,-73.992947&spn=0.003317,0.005284&t=h&z=18&layer=c&cbll=40.73392,-73.992854&panoid=6eweI_3GVC6NOROVNnLMhw&cbp=12,274.4,,0,-5.76

The bus was a D60HF, 5604

8401299379_0f86234e7a_b.jpg

That's odd, but actually cool... Haven't seen a bus down there in a while since the M3 doesn't come down there anymore...

Just be lucky then that you have none in The Bronx.

LOL... Well I don't even ride the local buses in Riverdale, let alone the Bronx.... Besides I believe the Bronx has newer fleet anyway because of the high asthma rates in most parts of the Bronx, particularly the urban, poor parts.  In Riverdale, it seems like we're getting all of the crappy Orions from the Bronx instead of the 3Gs... Anytime I'm out and about in the neighborhood and see one I cringe.  I find 3Gs and MCIs much more aesthetically pleasing running along Henry Hudson Parkway with the greenery and such. 

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

LOL... Well I don't even ride the local buses in Riverdale, let alone the Bronx.... Besides I believe the Bronx has newer fleet anyway because of the high asthma rates in most parts of the Bronx, particularly the urban, poor parts.  In Riverdale, it seems like we're getting all of the crappy Orions from the Bronx instead of the 3Gs... Anytime I'm out and about in the neighborhood and see one I cringe.  I find 3Gs and MCIs much more aesthetically pleasing running along Henry Hudson Parkway with the greenery and such. 

LMAO! The Bronx doesn't even have any 3G's. There's NG's but no 3G's. Honestly I prefer the asthetics of the Orion V's but that's my opinion.

Seriously though, suck it up and take a nice ride on the Bx7 or Bx10. Not the end of the world.

LMAO! The Bronx doesn't even have any 3G's. There's NG's but no 3G's. Honestly I prefer the asthetics of the Orion V's but that's my opinion.

Seriously though, suck it up and take a nice ride on the Bx7 or Bx10. Not the end of the world.

Oh don't get him started on the BX7.....

I thought NG and 3G was used interchangably... As for Bx7 or Bx10... lol... I don't go for "joyrides", not even on the express bus... Not my cup of tea.  In any event,  I have no need to use the local buses. I can pretty much walk to wherever I need to go or just call car service. Believe it or not, we actually get a lot of yellow taxis that make trips up here from the city and the regular car services offer Lincolns.  :D

Oh don't get him started on the BX7.....

Well I kind of want to hear it from him.

I thought NG and 3G was used interchangably... As for Bx7 or Bx10... lol... I don't go for "joyrides", not even on the express bus... Not my cup of tea.  In any event,  I have no need to use the local buses. I can pretty much walk to wherever I need to go or just call car service. Believe it or not, we actually get a lot of yellow taxis that make trips up here from the city and the regular car services offer Lincolns.  :D

Just to clear things up (so a purist doesn't go of on you). NG = Next Generation = 2007-2010, 3G = Third Generation = 2010-2012.

And if I were you, I'd get as much out of my weekly, even if I were just going around Riverdale or down the road to Target, just as long as I made good use of it.

Well I kind of want to hear it from him.

Just to clear things up (so a purist doesn't go of on you). NG = Next Generation = 2007-2010, 3G = Third Generation = 2010-2012.

And if I were you, I'd get as much out of my weekly, even if I were just going around Riverdale or down the road to Target, just as long as I made good use of it.

LOL... Oh please an NG and a 3G is the same crap to me (a MCI man) aside from a few small changes... In any event, believe me, I get plenty of use out of my Express bus Plus card via the express bus or the Hudson Rail Link.  I only need to take 9 express bus trips to almost break even anyway so weekend and night trips to the city and in the city or elsewhere are a bonus.  

You must be crazy if you think I'm taking "leisure trips" in the Bronx.  :lol: 

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

LOL... Oh please an NG and a 3G is the same crap to me (a MCI man) aside from a few small changes... In any event, believe me, I get plenty of use out of my Express bus Plus card via the express bus or the Hudson Rail Link.  I only need to take 9 express bus trips to almost break even anyway so weekend and night trips to the city and in the city or elsewhere are a bonus.  

You must be crazy if you think I'm taking "leisure trips" in the Bronx.  :lol: 

To each their own I guess.