BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hmmm, 4897 is at Quill right now and what surprises me the most is that it actually shows up as being apart of the roster in the database.

Yeah I saw that. It went to Ulmer Park then they drove it over to Quill this morning. A biggie told me it's only there for training, they're getting XD60's so it's the same controls i'm guessing.

Edited by ciboii22

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="ciboii22" data-cid="634135" data-time="1358538131"><p>
Yeah I saw that, The boss at Quill called me on the phone before the bus came through the front entrance. It went to Ulmer Park then they drove it over to Quill this morning. He told me it's only there for training, they're getting XD60's so it's the same </p></blockquote>

Careful what you say about bus assignmets and locations, because the foamers will get there ASAP and wait for it lol

Edited by Q23 Central Terminal

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="ciboii22" data-cid="634135" data-time="1358538131"><p>

Yeah I saw that, The boss at Quill called me on the phone before the bus came through the front entrance. It went to Ulmer Park then they drove it over to Quill this morning. He told me it's only there for training, they're getting XD60's so it's the same </p></blockquote>

Careful what you say about bus assignmets and locations, because the foamers will get there ASAP and wait for it lol

Lol, yeah they sure will.

What the hell kind of f**ked up shit is this??? The MTA still hasn't installed that westbound stop at CSI for the S93.  :angry:

I would assume technically it's the fault of the DOT. I'm still the silghtest confused as to why sign placement isn't the responsibility of the MTA.

So westbound B35's are now detouring on Linden blvd..... Let the fun begin !

(last night, some west indian woman was cursing the hell out of the b/o of the bus I was on [felt sorry for the guy, tbh]..... He made the right turn onto NY av, and ole yeller there was waiting at the normal WB B35 stop @ NY av [meaning she had to run from the normal stop, cross NY av, and catch the bus at the NB B44 stop])

side note:

There was a bus that was a couple mins ahead of us.... I caught the bus at utica, and the bus I had just missed was over at schenectady....

* The b/o of the bus I was on, made a right onto NY av, left onto linden, left onto bedford, right on church....

* The b/o of the bus that was initially ahead of us.... this dude/chick continued on linden (which turns into caton), turned on flatbush, then turned onto church.... The bus I was on, was picking up pax at flatbush - That initial B35 made a right off flatbush, thus bypassing us.....

While we were on linden, I said to myself "where the hell is that bus going" (when we got to bedford)....

While faint, the b/o I had, chuckled as he was making the left onto bedford....

Drivers are doing their own thang out there these days.... *shrugs*

Won't affect my normal commute though.... For one, b/c I never used to take the B35 to E. 18th in the morning for the (B) anyway... and two, I don't take the subway to work period, so I won't have to sit up in church av traffic on a dollar cab.... Linden blvd is gonna be hectic when that construction starts jumping off on church.... Anyway, I just didn't feel like walking to E. 18th late last night, so I took the bus.....

Edited by B35 via Church

Since it got caught up with other questions... 

Are subway shuttles bid work or are they overtime and what were some of the long term subway shuttles that you remember in recent memory?

The Coney Island subway lines had long term shuttles when Stillwell was being rebuilt... about 10 years ago.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Kingsbridge Bus" data-cid="634261" data-time="1358553648"><p>

From what I was told today...<br />

<br />

Bx46 WILL run out of West Farms as expected<br />

Bx55 will be eliminated, replaced by Bx15 Limited<br />

<br />

26 runs to be added onto the Bx15<br />

<br />

A route will have to leave West Farms, as of now, the plan is to send the Bx19 to Hale when it opens in September</p></blockquote>

So if the Bx19 goes to Hale in September, Hale gonna have the long buses?

So im on the B60 heading home from work (love the overnights lol), and this 9445 is something good here. Feels like they turned the torque up after they overhauled it. It takes off faster than an XD40 (and those take off like they got crack in the tank lol). Suspension could've been a little better, but the runs up hills.

...and this engine is screaming when it hits that high RPM before it shifts.

Good job Grand Avenue lol

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Fresh Pond" data-cid="634444" data-time="1358600694"><p>

So im on the B60 heading home from work (love the overnights lol), and this 9445 is something good here. Feels like they turned the torque up after they overhauled it. It takes off faster than an XD40 (and those take off like they got crack in the tank lol). Suspension could've been a little better, but the runs up hills.<br />

<br />

...and this engine is screaming when it hits that high RPM before it shifts.<br />

<br />

Good job Grand Avenue lol</p></blockquote>

Thank you, don't mention it lol

So if the Bx19 goes to Hale in September, Hale gonna have the long buses?

Assuming the Bx19 is an articulated route, then yes

But remember, this is just the plan as for now, anything can change from here to September as the (MTA) always changes something.

Anyhow, if they do decide to go forward with eliminating the Bx55 and creating the Bx15 Limited, then West Farms will have to drop a line or two.

Talks about interlining the Bx15/55 have been around for quite a while now.

But if Hale doesn't pick up the Bx19 or any other articulated route, then why would the need artics?

It's too early to tell right now but this is what is being planned at the moment.

Edited by Kingsbridge Bus