Manhattan Express Bus

Gorgor

Interesting I was suspecting that was the limit and roadblock to my plan so it really was the ppl the whole time!!!! IC but what is the express bus traffic like through manhattan BM and BXM. As well as the times of day QM and SI X buses concentrate in manhattan. I would like to know the hinderences that prevent interlining of express buses BM to BXM and QM to X SI??? What are those factors and state why?? I will analyze it further cause I didnt decide the specific rtes yet due to the problems that may arrise.

How many more factors do you want?? Most of the SI express bus routes are already long enough, so that factor alone makes it a bad idea, then factor in traffic and it's basically impossible to do. The only express buses that have somewhat "short commutes" are some of the ones in the Bronx, but like I said if traffic is bad that short commute can become a long one quickly.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How many more factors do you want?? Most of the SI express bus routes are already long enough, so that factor alone makes it a bad idea, then factor in traffic and it's basically impossible to do. The only express buses that have somewhat "short commutes" are some of the ones in the Bronx, but like I said if traffic is bad that short commute can become a long one quickly.

That factor I understand I was really trying to tackle the DH what I meant was NOT A ONE SEAT RIDE FROM SI TO Q BUT 1 bus to do the job of 2 transfers will still be needed!!!!!!! Plus not all rtes are compatible Only some of them NOT THE RUSH HR ONLY RTES!!!!! I only suggested some BX buses to terminate at a certain zone then become BM. so its the same bus doing 2 jobs. However I am aware lines like X22 can't interline I am aware of the traffic. I wanted to get a glimpse of the DH runs that was all just wanted those to be reduced. I have not detailed my intentions!!!!! so dont judge just yet

Just stop. That has already been explained in all of the threads you've been posting in.

stupid I am not I wasnt looking at traffic outside manhattan so the traffic in outerboroughs will make it impossible I am aware of that I was not talking about having rtes combine I was talking of having buses switch between rtes while in manhattan if possible but looks like traffic will make this impossible however the PM DH needs to stop there is enough travel on the gowanas to show there is a demand for reverse commute service. That was my true intention. Not have one operator drive through 3 boros which would be costly but to create a shield just incase the reverse fails a bit but the DH needs to stop its too much.

stupid I am not I wasnt looking at traffic outside manhattan so the traffic in outerboroughs will make it impossible I am aware of that I was not talking about having rtes combine I was talking of having buses switch between rtes while in manhattan if possible but looks like traffic will make this impossible however the PM DH needs to stop there is enough travel on the gowanas to show there is a demand for reverse commute service. That was my true intention. Not have one operator drive through 3 boros which would be costly but to create a shield just incase the reverse fails a bit but the DH needs to stop its too much.

You're calling me stupid and you keep pressing on with these idiotic ideas that many people shot down and you don't seem to know why?? Pot calling the kettle black...

There's too many factors why you cant have your plans work the way you want them too, this has been explained so many times yet you're too stupid to compute the reasons into your small head.

You can't have BxM/BM or QM routes work with X routes because it'll cause too much conflict in many different areas, it's not just about DHing, it goes WAY beyond that. Passengers, communities/neighborhoods, unions, time, money and more. If your plan actually worked, there would be SO MUCH CHAOS in the city and within the MTA itself. DHing is a part of the system whether you like it or not. You can't change that fact.

The one problem with all your plans.....you barely think about what you're planning properly and just throwing stuff into the air....just stop posting about these plans already......everything was explained to you in so many threads, yet you cant even understand the reasons....and you're calling me stupid.....

I dare you to throw your plans to the table at MTA HQ, $10 says they will laugh dead in your face....

You HAVE to thing about traffic in the outerboroughs. Example: There is an accident on Hyland Blvd which delays a Manhattan bound x1 15 mins...it will be 20-25 mins late by the time it starts a BxM1 trip. By the time it goes to Riverdale and back to do a return trip to SI as x1 that bus maybe nearly an hour late. A late bus tends to get later no matter how hard a driver pushes. This is what we are saying of why the express runs cannot and should not be interlined. All you will do is piss off the commuters you think you're helping.

There is only so much of a market for "reverse commuters". There are limited reverse commute express runs and thats what the system will support. There is no sense in running empty buses on the off chance that someone may need a bus. All you are gonna do is drive up the costs of running the express fleet.

Like it or not, deadheading is a part of the bus game. The goal is to keep the amount of deadheading as low as possible while getting the maximum amount of revenue miles out of a bus. The traffic analyst at the (MTA) are finetuning that as much as possible every pick. It may not be as fast as you might like but again they have to look at the whole system when writing the schedules.

that wasnt what I was getting at I analyze rtes I am no where near self centered. so if kensington ridership is so poor why not go via ocean pkwy and bypass kensington??? on some BM rtes.

b/c bypassing kensington means squat, compared to the respective areas the BM1, BM2, BM3, and the BM4 has to serve....

...and buses traveling on ocean parkway would actually be slower, than the routing via caton that Brooklyn bound BM1's & BM2's make (you think they re-routed those two routes just for the hell of it).... guess you don't notice the standstill that often happens @ Church av/Ocean pkwy, for buses to continue down Ocean Pkwy to amount to any significant saving of runtime...

mr. I'm so damn advanced....

An advanced person would look at the system as a WHOLE before making such suggestions.

That's just it... it aint about the system w/ this guy...

it's about his "master plan"...

but in the same breath, claims to be the furthest thing from self-centered....

b/c bypassing kensington means squat, compared to the respective areas the BM1, BM2, BM3, and the BM4 has to serve....

...and buses traveling on ocean parkway would actually be slower, than the routing via caton that Brooklyn bound BM1's & BM2's make (you think they re-routed those two routes just for the hell of it).... guess you don't notice the standstill that often happens @ Church av/Ocean pkwy, for buses to continue down Ocean Pkwy to amount to any significant saving of runtime...

INTTERESTING INTERESTING so that was why BM1/2 were rerouted good and yes I do have a thing for traffic!!!! plus I am not perfect so get off my back

You're calling me stupid and you keep pressing on with these idiotic ideas that many people shot down and you don't seem to know why?? Pot calling the kettle black...

There's too many factors why you cant have your plans work the way you want them too, this has been explained so many times yet you're too stupid to compute the reasons into your small head.

You can't have BxM/BM or QM routes work with X routes because it'll cause too much conflict in many different areas, it's not just about DHing, it goes WAY beyond that. Passengers, communities/neighborhoods, unions, time, money and more. If your plan actually worked, there would be SO MUCH CHAOS in the city and within the MTA itself. DHing is a part of the system whether you like it or not. You can't change that fact.

The one problem with all your plans.....you barely think about what you're planning properly and just throwing stuff into the air....just stop posting about these plans already......everything was explained to you in so many threads, yet you cant even understand the reasons....and you're calling me stupid.....

I dare you to throw your plans to the table at MTA HQ, $10 says they will laugh dead in your face....

DID I CALL U stupid think before shouting

My master plan doesnt include express buses as the main emphasis. But a BRT on the expressway BQE like bus lanes and such similar to CCT being created in maryland that would allow buses to move faster!!!! even in outerboroghs!!! Plus I am not even complete plz dont prejudge what you dont know!!!! I have bigger plans for other areas outside NYC too one for NJ and MD but this is MTA NY so I wont divulge details here

You HAVE to thing about traffic in the outerboroughs. Example: There is an accident on Hyland Blvd which delays a Manhattan bound x1 15 mins...it will be 20-25 mins late by the time it starts a BxM1 trip. By the time it goes to Riverdale and back to do a return trip to SI as x1 that bus maybe nearly an hour late. A late bus tends to get later no matter how hard a driver pushes. This is what we are saying of why the express runs cannot and should not be interlined. All you will do is piss off the commuters you think you're helping.

There is only so much of a market for "reverse commuters". There are limited reverse commute express runs and thats what the system will support. There is no sense in running empty buses on the off chance that someone may need a bus. All you are gonna do is drive up the costs of running the express fleet.

Like it or not, deadheading is a part of the bus game. The goal is to keep the amount of deadheading as low as possible while getting the maximum amount of revenue miles out of a bus. The traffic analyst at the (MTA) are finetuning that as much as possible every pick. It may not be as fast as you might like but again they have to look at the whole system when writing the schedules.

The reverse commuting thing is only to eliminate DH runs or reduce em nothing more!!!!! Its the same bus going into Manhattan then going out nothing special. Plus I already started looking more the reason why I was not looking entirely into MTA was because I was actually looking at NJT and MTAmaryland's systems for a while leaving me little time to even think about decent proposals for NYC!!!!! That was the real reason why I even suggested those Ideas was cause I was scattered accross different systems.

YUP YOU KNOW exactly where I am getting AT!!!!!

DID I CALL U stupid think before shouting

I wonder who that was directed to? Thank you for reinforcing my previous point about your stupidity and lack of intelligence. Quit while you're ahead buddy!

I wonder who that was directed to? Thank you for reinforcing my previous point about your stupidity and lack of intelligence. Quit while you're ahead buddy!

I AM NOT ARGUING but Learning from ya post in terms of traffic and BZguy said something earlier that was interesting QUIT STARTING FIGHTS IT MAKES U LOOK WEAK

I AM NOT ARGUING but Learning from ya post in terms of traffic and BZguy said something earlier that was interesting QUIT STARTING FIGHTS IT MAKES U LOOK WEAK

You started it, not me! If you can't finish it, dont say anything! In this case, you're the weaker one, my friend. :)

WHICH CORRIDORS ALONG express rtes outside of manhattan have the WORST TRAFFIC??

INTTERESTING INTERESTING so that was why BM1/2 were rerouted good and yes I do have a thing for traffic!!!! plus I am not perfect so get off my back

Yes, they were re-routed to take buses off that portion of Church av that the BM 3/4 still runs on, and to speed up the commutes a bit for the 2 routes out of the 4 that sees more usage (that being the BM1 & BM2)....

- the first brooklyn stop on the outbound BM 3/4 is on Caton & McDonald av....

- the first brooklyn stop on the outbound BM 1/2 is on Cortelyou & Westminster (2 short blocks away from coney island av)... plus it bypasses the traffic ON Church av, and it doesn't have to deal w/ those turns [off mcdonald av onto church av], and [off church av onto coney island av].... so yeah, the move did make a significant difference....

....and I'll get off your back when you stop with shit like this:

My master plan doesnt include express buses as the main emphasis. But a BRT on the expressway BQE like bus lanes and such similar to CCT being created in maryland that would allow buses to move faster!!!! even in outerboroghs!!! Plus I am not even complete plz dont prejudge what you dont know!!!! I have bigger plans for other areas outside NYC too one for NJ and MD but this is MTA NY so I wont divulge details here

Don't prejudge what I don't know.....

Looking at the basis of, and how you construct your posts, I don't have to prejudge... shit's right in front of me EVERYtime you hit that "submit reply" button.

Yeah, keep those details to yourself champ... you've spewed enough nonsensical, foolish, ill-thought out ideas on this forum.

Plus I already started looking more the reason why I was not looking entirely into MTA was because I was actually looking at NJT and MTAmaryland's systems for a while leaving me little time to even think about decent proposals for NYC!!!!! That was the real reason why I even suggested those Ideas was cause I was scattered accross different systems.

you keep ethering yourself....

anyone who sits & (so called) studies other transportation systems, then tries to psycho analyze another system... then on top of that, tries to juxtapose facets of other systems onto that one, is nothin short of a stubborn, irrational person.... you post your ideas on here, and on MULTIPLE occasions you get called out... yet you refuse to heed the points/suggestions to those of us on here who have been, and still use NYC's subways & buses for decades...

You don't half ass analyze systems (plural) & then come to some grand conclusion about how express bus service on certain routes, in the system you took "little time to even think about" should be operated in our city....

Yes, they were re-routed to take buses off that portion of Church av that the BM 3/4 still runs on, and to speed up the commutes a bit for the 2 routes out of the 4 that sees more usage (that being the BM1 & BM2)....

- the first brooklyn stop on the outbound BM 3/4 is on Caton & McDonald av....

- the first brooklyn stop on the outbound BM 1/2 is on Cortelyou & Westminster (2 short blocks away from coney island av)... plus it bypasses the traffic ON Church av, and it doesn't have to deal w/ those turns [off mcdonald av onto church av], and [off church av onto coney island av].... so yeah, the move did make a significant difference....

....and I'll get off your back when you stop with shit like this:

Don't prejudge what I don't know.....

Looking at the basis of, and how you construct your posts, I don't have to prejudge... shit's right in front of me EVERYtime you hit that "submit reply" button.

Yeah, keep those details to yourself champ... you've spewed enough nonsensical, foolish, ill-thought out ideas on this forum.

you keep ethering yourself....

anyone who sits & (so called) studies other transportation systems, then tries to psycho analyze another system... then on top of that, tries to juxtapose facets of other systems onto that one, is nothin short of a stubborn, irrational person.... you post your ideas on here, and on MULTIPLE occasions you get called out... yet you refuse to heed the points/suggestions to those of us on here who have been, and still use NYC's subways & buses for decades...

You don't half ass analyze systems (plural) & then come to some grand conclusion about how express bus service on certain routes, in the system you took "little time to even think about" should be operated in our city....

I admit I am NOT a fan of closed door services. While I was on an SI express bus when we got off the expressway were were going as slow as a local bus!!! That was the only reason why I even concieved my previous express bus Idea!! from that experience. The other transit systems I have analyzed are more long distance and regional therefore alot more factors go into it. If you are familier with NJT then you know their weakest link is their horrid crosstown service outside NE NJ. Where a simple travel pattern by car turns into a long ordeal if replicated by bus. that or a dial a bus to finish the trip. Maryland's weakness= the lack of off-peak service on their regional rtes leaves no other choice for commuters going into DC and baltimore but to drive. The majority of car traffic in DC and baltimore comes not from the city themselves but the suburban areas in which the regional rtes and isolated local LOTS rtes are supposed to serve thus the transit is structured ONLY FOR THE POOR!!! That is a problem as it ignores the traffic problems in that region. For NYC I admit my suburban plans are WAY BETTER than the plans I leaked hints about on these forums. I had a LI proposal with details I DID NOT MENTION HERE. I gave advocacy groups and MTA board a look I did get positive feedback from some ppl too.

Archived