Manhattan Express Bus

Gorgor

I admit I am NOT a fan of closed door services. While I was on an SI express bus when we got off the expressway were were going as slow as a local bus!!! That was the only reason why I even concieved my previous express bus Idea!! from that experience. The other transit systems I have analyzed are more long distance and regional therefore alot more factors go into it. If you are familier with NJT then you know their weakest link is their horrid crosstown service outside NE NJ. Where a simple travel pattern by car turns into a long ordeal if replicated by bus. that or a dial a bus to finish the trip. Maryland's weakness= the lack of off-peak service on their regional rtes leaves no other choice for commuters going into DC and baltimore but to drive. The majority of car traffic in DC and baltimore comes not from the city themselves but the suburban areas in which the regional rtes and isolated local LOTS rtes are supposed to serve thus the transit is structured ONLY FOR THE POOR!!! That is a problem as it ignores the traffic problems in that region. For NYC I admit my suburban plans are WAY BETTER than the plans I leaked hints about on these forums. I had a LI proposal with details I DID NOT MENTION HERE. I gave advocacy groups and MTA board a look I did get positive feedback from some ppl too.

So you only rode one express around and thats where your plans came from? Child, ride some MORE Express Routes before making such dumb ideas, so you can actually get the idea of the people, the depots, the runs and so-on.....

MTA NYC Transit and MTA Bus is a citywide group, as where WMATA, New Jersey Transit, MTA Maryland and a few other redundant companies you keep mentioned are STATEWIDE! You cannot have plans from different companies cooperate with how things work in NYC because MTA NYC Transit & MTA Bus are entirely different from these other companies you keep mentioning. Just stop with that bloody idea already.

As for your "suburban plans", dont even mention them, because you will get called out on some of the ideas and you'll have no merit to explain or back up your silly ideas....

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So you only rode one express around and thats where your plans came from? Child, ride some MORE Express Routes before making such dumb ideas, so you can actually get the idea of the people, the depots, the runs and so-on.....

MTA NYC Transit and MTA Bus is a citywide group, as where WMATA, New Jersey Transit, MTA Maryland and a few other redundant companies you keep mentioned are STATEWIDE! You cannot have plans from different companies cooperate with how things work in NYC because MTA NYC Transit & MTA Bus are entirely different from these other companies you keep mentioning. Just stop with that bloody idea already.

As for your "suburban plans", dont even mention them, because you will get called out on some of the ideas and you'll have no merit to explain or back up your silly ideas....

actually several queens bronx brooklyn and SI rtes to be exact I also nooticed the timed transfers between BXM and BM rtes too. sometimes I would use random rtes when I was a secret shopper

actually my plans arent related to NYC at all. plus at an NJT meeting one of the njt employees asked for my business card when I made suggestions he even gave me ridership data on several NJT rtes plus my suburban pland include dutchess and integrating westchester with putnam via merging rtes but not in a outright way more like express service enhancement in westchester not the 5.50 fares I will most likely mention around other ppl. I have used several NJT rtes allover NJ and maryland a little too many to count but in NJ I used rtes in SJ NW NJ and I am not trying to even compare NYC to other places as My ideas are different for each place!!! PLUS PREJUDGING what you dont know will make ya look dumb!! I had more time with NJ and suburban NY than with NYC. So I have got a feel for how crappy their systems are and why as well. I dont really want to bother with suffolk as they already know. Maryland however I was surprised they hadnt saw offpeak demand as some rtes were standing room only. I also learned from 991 dont judge a rte without using it

actually my plans arent related to NYC at all. plus at an NJT meeting one of the njt employees asked for my business card when I made suggestions he even gave me ridership data on several NJT rtes plus my suburban pland include dutchess and integrating westchester with putnam via merging rtes but not in a outright way more like express service enhancement in westchester not the 5.50 fares I will most likely mention around other ppl. I have used several NJT rtes allover NJ and maryland a little too many to count but in NJ I used rtes in SJ NW NJ and I am not trying to even compare NYC to other places as My ideas are different for each place!!! PLUS PREJUDGING what you dont know will make ya look dumb!! I had more time with NJ and suburban NY than with NYC. So I have got a feel for how crappy their systems are and why as well. I dont really want to bother with suffolk as they already know. Maryland however I was surprised they hadnt saw offpeak demand as some rtes were standing room only. I also learned from 991 dont judge a rte without using it

Yeah those drivers must have a peanut as a brain.

that wasnt what I meant

Not that I really give a damn but you're still trying to apply scenarios from different agencies into MTA NYC Transit, which wont work.....Even bus operators know your plans are going to fail. JUST STOP!

Then post your question here.....

as you wish I was asking about 139 I know it has alot of buses and sometimes too many. what are the segment legs that get the highest ridership?? from which point to which point?? also I heard some NJT rtes suffered from this which rtes in central NJ need an improvement??

I don't think he can keep up with his own shit-stirral of ideas on this forum....

there was clearly no recent question by him in THIS thread regarding our express buses.... so now he jumps to w/e question he posted in the NJ forum.... here on the MTA bus forums.....

organization.... organization....

I don't think he can keep up with his own shit-stirral of ideas on this forum....

there was clearly no recent question by him in THIS thread regarding our express buses.... so now he jumps to w/e question he posted in the NJ forum.... here on the MTA bus forums.....

organization.... organization....

I was curious but all I got was anger I only want a better idea for travel demand and ridership thats all

I was curious but all I got was anger I only want a better idea for travel demand and ridership thats all

then instead of talking in circles & conjuring up these plans, based off one solitary express bus trip....

why not ask specific questions BEFORE the fact... don't act like no one here is willing to opinionate on your concerns.....

....and the NJT question you just posted, 553 is better suited to answer that, as I have very limited experience/usage on the 139.... that's another thing, if you don't have a full (or good enough) grasp of something, you simply don't have it.... don't be afraid to admit that.

then instead of talking in circles & conjuring up these plans, based off one solitary express bus trip....

why not ask specific questions BEFORE the fact... don't act like no one here is willing to opinionate on your concerns.....

....and the NJT question you just posted, 553 is better suited to answer that, as I have very limited experience/usage on the 139.... that's another thing, if you don't have a full (or good enough) grasp of something, you simply don't have it.... don't be afraid to admit that.

My questions did admit it indirectly when I asked for ridership data and behavior of express bus riders

gjtransitmaster,

Listen, nobody is wants to bash you. People are getting aggravated because you lay out these grandiose plans (ala Pinky and the Brain style) and keep pushing them when people who know (and work) in the system tell you these plans are not feasible. We have gone over this interlining express buses on multiple threads and you just don't seem to get it.

I'm gonna give you this advice. If you have a question....first use the search button. We've had all kind of discussions and you might be able find your own answer. If not then ask the question in a clear concise manner. One thing you will learn is that the (MTA) is a transit system like no other....I consider it one of the most complex.

All I ask is for you to really ride the system and really get to see the traffic and passenger flows before you come up with these wild plans. I don't know the system as much as I would like which is why I ask questions before I propose anything. Just food for thought.

gjtransitmaster,

Listen, nobody is wants to bash you. People are getting aggravated because you lay out these grandiose plans (ala Pinky and the Brain style) and keep pushing them when people who know (and work) in the system tell you these plans are not feasible. We have gone over this interlining express buses on multiple threads and you just don't seem to get it.

I'm gonna give you this advice. If you have a question....first use the search button. We've had all kind of discussions and you might be able find your own answer. If not then ask the question in a clear concise manner. One thing you will learn is that the (MTA) is a transit system like no other....I consider it one of the most complex.

All I ask is for you to really ride the system and really get to see the traffic and passenger flows before you come up with these wild plans. I don't know the system as much as I would like which is why I ask questions before I propose anything. Just food for thought.

I had no time ya have a point MTA is more complex than the statewide systems and sububan areas as those areas were easy to spot flaws than with MTA AS A WHOLE. However I did see flaws in LIB and SCT due to lack of coordination but I wasnt even discussing that here yet. I did send a LIB proposal but that was after using LIB hevily!!! and about a year in figuring it out

My questions did admit it indirectly when I asked for ridership data and behavior of express bus riders

Express bus riders have common traits, but they are not all the same. They usually exhibit different behaviors by income group and length of ride.

Well since they killed off the X90 a year ago, Manhattan is left without any express buses. I was wondering if there are any Bronx express buses that start somewhere downtown or in Battery Park City and run up the East Side, like on Madison, 3rd, or 1st.

And if there are, would I be able to get off or do they only drop off passengers starting in the Bronx?

BXM18 But it runs from Downtown Local to about 57th St IDK, then express to 263rd st

Archived