The next t/o class

bknitti

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The last T/O hired in the May class was #193.

the list would move faster if you actually left the office and taught a class. take urbanski with you. i'm sure they can get someone else to hand out equipment and do paperwork.

I'm surprised you don't know what that is and your an MTA employee. It's your Disciplinary Actions record. If you go on TENS it will show you a record of your DAN history if any and what was the penalty for the infraction. DANS coupled with bad sick records get you 1 and 3'd out of a promotion for a while or permanently. And the 1 and three rule pertains to civil service exams. For every three people interviewed one must be hired. When it comes to promotions they compare your DANS and sick records and the top person out of the three gets promoted and the other two don't.

I may be an Employee but this DAN doesnt sound good ,which means I'm not 1 for getting in Trouble or going to any levels or Arbi. so having said that thanks for the Rule book statement Fellow Employee

The last T/O hired in the May class was #193.

I'm sure that's the correct number, given the economy and (MTA) budget shortfall. But I was just wondering... why is there such an ENORMOUS disparity between your number of 193 and the Chief's number of 433?

I'm sure that's the correct number, given the economy and (MTA) budget shortfall. But I was just wondering... why is there such an ENORMOUS disparity between your number of 193 and the Chief's number of 433?

The number Alex quoted was roughly the last number of the person hired or in school car. The numbers in the cheif are probably the ones who already got letters or notification to move to the next step before being hired, not who were hired or are already in school car

The number Alex quoted was roughly the last number of the person hired or in school car. The numbers in the cheif are probably the ones who already got letters or notification to move to the next step before being hired, not who were hired or are already in school car

Why do you continue to post as if you know something? You don't. The 433 is the number that DCAS is up to from the available names on the list that they have sent to Transit. Transit then contacts those names to hire them, but it does not mean they already sent out letters to them, or that Transit has hired them. It means that that group DCAS sent them is what they are going to hire next when they have a new class coming up. If you don't know what you are talking about Donald, Messino, or whoever, don't post your drool filled speculation. It's always wrong, and just lowers the zero credibility you already have. And it's Chief, not Cheif.

Hey, if they already called number 433 they're already more than halfway through the list which is a lot more positive than we all thought with the fiscal crisis! Once the open competitive starts its gonna fly. People being put on hold for medical, failing the drug tests, not having the 5 years of experience, people who have decent jobs and don't wanna risk giving it up for the (MTA) so they pass. It'll be better than 1 in 3, probably like 1 in 10 I'm guessing! ;)

the shit is starting to hit the fan at the post office. they just took all domestic mail out of the international mail facility at JFK where i work and sending it to Manhattan to sort. now we have clerks on stand-by, mail handlers all over the place being moved all day. its nothing but chaos now, all because Congress doesnt want to relieve the USPS's PREfunding of retiree healthcare benefits. every article you read that we're in the hole by 8 billion or whatever it is now, is only because we have this committment that no other government agency or private business has of paying so far ahead the retiree health benefits that we would have a SURPLUS. it would be a small surplus, according to the articles, and the long term health of the post office doesn't look good at all because of the Internet taking away first class letters, tax forms, bank statements, and many other business transactions, up to and including just regular old sending grandma a picture of the kids cuz you can do that online too! we are not the preferred service for packages- FedEx and UPS are. it's a sinking ship, and even though the (MTA) is always crying broke, it will never shut down as the USPS CFO predicted last week with a dommsday date of July 2012 if congress does not act. The US House of Representatives is controlled by republicans, many of which were voted into office on the platform of reducing federal spending. I dont see us getting the long term legislation that we need to survive. there are a few bills floating around congress to address short-term solvency but nothing that would ease my mind very much. not to mention Obama has frozen federal pay for at LEAST 2 years, and the new American Postal Workers Union contract reflects that (even though we're not federal employees). this week there was also an article that said they're looking into really reducing the Federal Employee Health Benefits Program. i will evaluate all the factors when the (MTA) finally calls me, but if i had to decide on what i know right now... i have to say that NYC Transit will never "shut down". and after seeing how your layoffs work, where you get unemployment for a while then get another job at the (MTA) when your services are needed, maybe not having a no-layoff clause isn't a nail in the coffin after all.

http://www.federaltimes.com/article/20110608/BENEFITS04/106080302/1041/BENEFITS

http://www.postalnewsblog.com/2011/06/06/apwu-doomsday-news-stories-ignore-real-cause-of-usps-financial-woes/

http://www.postalnewsblog.com/2011/05/25/usps-cfo-delivers-doomsday-prophecy-at-mtac/

also what i forgot to mention is the recession. NOBODY is retiring. they even offered incentives in 2009 and they still couldnt reach the goal that they wanted to get out of the post office. the average worker, no joke, is in their 50's. we have poor productivity because the old guys cant move, we have to deliver to EVERY address in the country even though people are getting less mail (meaning less revenue). we have thousands of trucks that run on gas. gas prices are sky high, which also means our Cost of Living Allowances will be sky high. most of our employees are at top step pay so the percentage of the COLAs make the dollar value higher, supervisors are everywhere and all make over $60k, some managers at $100k, our plant manager makes $131k according to datauniverse.com. we're in a horrible situation :cry:

the shit is starting to hit the fan at the post office. they just took all domestic mail out of the international mail facility at JFK where i work and sending it to Manhattan to sort. now we have clerks on stand-by, mail handlers all over the place being moved all day. its nothing but chaos now, all because Congress doesnt want to relieve the USPS's PREfunding of retiree healthcare benefits. every article you read that we're in the hole by 8 billion or whatever it is now, is only because we have this committment that no other government agency or private business has of paying so far ahead the retiree health benefits that we would have a SURPLUS. it would be a small surplus, according to the articles, and the long term health of the post office doesn't look good at all because of the Internet taking away first class letters, tax forms, bank statements, and many other business transactions, up to and including just regular old sending grandma a picture of the kids cuz you can do that online too! we are not the preferred service for packages- FedEx and UPS are. it's a sinking ship, and even though the (MTA) is always crying broke, it will never shut down as the USPS CFO predicted last week with a dommsday date of July 2012 if congress does not act. The US House of Representatives is controlled by republicans, many of which were voted into office on the platform of reducing federal spending. I dont see us getting the long term legislation that we need to survive. there are a few bills floating around congress to address short-term solvency but nothing that would ease my mind very much. not to mention Obama has frozen federal pay for at LEAST 2 years, and the new American Postal Workers Union contract reflects that (even though we're not federal employees). this week there was also an article that said they're looking into really reducing the Federal Employee Health Benefits Program. i will evaluate all the factors when the (MTA) finally calls me, but if i had to decide on what i know right now... i have to say that NYC Transit will never "shut down". and after seeing how your layoffs work, where you get unemployment for a while then get another job at the (MTA) when your services are needed, maybe not having a no-layoff clause isn't a nail in the coffin after all.

http://www.federaltimes.com/article/20110608/BENEFITS04/106080302/1041/BENEFITS

http://www.postalnewsblog.com/2011/06/06/apwu-doomsday-news-stories-ignore-real-cause-of-usps-financial-woes/

http://www.postalnewsblog.com/2011/05/25/usps-cfo-delivers-doomsday-prophecy-at-mtac/

also what i forgot to mention is the recession. NOBODY is retiring. they even offered incentives in 2009 and they still couldnt reach the goal that they wanted to get out of the post office. the average worker, no joke, is in their 50's. we have poor productivity because the old guys cant move, we have to deliver to EVERY address in the country even though people are getting less mail (meaning less revenue). we have thousands of trucks that run on gas. gas prices are sky high, which also means our Cost of Living Allowances will be sky high. most of our employees are at top step pay so the percentage of the COLAs make the dollar value higher, supervisors are everywhere and all make over $60k, some managers at $100k, our plant manager makes $131k according to datauniverse.com. we're in a horrible situation :cry:

Well the managers and supervisors are in a fantastic situation. Just a random observation here, but unlike UPS or FedEx, USPS managers and supervisors barely have anyone they need to look over their shoulders to. It's like they are only there to figure out how much money they are losing as oppose to fixing things. Maybe the complaints have piled up so high they don't even matter anymore. This agency hasn't made any money since colonial times and is now paying it's employees more money than ever, no one gives a crap the government will just keep pouring more money to keep it running. The only other company with nastier and more inefficient employees is Verizon and they profit. Everyone at USPS works well below a normal pace and even below their own pace. Not that this is the entire problem but lately you'll find that any agency or private company that is in the hole usually has way too many people making exuberant amounts for very modest work. Thank god for unions, in most circumstances they've made straight-up labor into rewarding careers.

Hey, if they already called number 433 they're already more than halfway through the list which is a lot more positive than we all thought with the fiscal crisis! Once the open competitive starts its gonna fly. People being put on hold for medical, failing the drug tests, not having the 5 years of experience, people who have decent jobs and don't wanna risk giving it up for the (MTA) so they pass. It'll be better than 1 in 3, probably like 1 in 10 I'm guessing! :)

Just dont wait by that Mailbox.. C/R's down here are running up front...

Just dont wait by that Mailbox.. C/R's down here are running up front...

and they have been preparing for it also. alot of people have not used sick time in years waiting for this. also people have been on their Ps and Qs to avoid DANs. so the list is not going as fast as outsiders want it to be.

and they have been preparing for it also. alot of people have not used sick time in years waiting for this. also people have been on their Ps and Qs to avoid DANs. so the list is not going as fast as outsiders want it to be.

Its going to be a minute but they will get to that list though...

I bet in 6 months they hit the the OC list.

nah, it took them a year to get halfway through the list. i'd say another year, probably more because they did have a big need for T/Os this past year, from what i heard. this need has been reduced. however, if the (MTA) announces that they will stop paying for retiree health benefits for those still in service, there will be mass exodus of those already eligible to retire

nah, it took them a year to get halfway through the list. i'd say another year, probably more because they did have a big need for T/Os this past year, from what i heard. this need has been reduced. however, if the (MTA) announces that they will stop paying for retiree health benefits for those still in service, there will be mass exodus of those already eligible to retire

They are NOT half way through the list! Stop spreading BS. They aren't even a quarter through the list yet.

Archived