The next t/o class

bknitti

Study guides for C/R and T/O are a total waste of money. The tests in these books are outdated. They use tests that were given as a promotion when you actually had to know the job. It's not knowing what is on the tests, it's how you take them. You simply have to pay attention, and go through the test a 2nd or 3rd time to make sure you didn't fill in the wrong bubbles by accident, and knowing what neighborhood Hunter College is in unlike some test takers like messino. Some people like RTOMan would not be Train Operators right now if not for the easy open competitive. Had they had the test the original way when he took it, he would not be a T/O right now. Should they have low enough standards to hire messino, then that should tell you they will hire anyone and only because the current test is so dumbed down.

You are a cheapshot to anyone with the misfortune of being related to you. I don't need to bring up anything else, even though I can. Getting that question wrong should have shamed you to completely disappear, but being you and the shame you are to humanity, and a racist, you aren't smart enough to realize how pathetic that was. With your attitude, you won't last very long. Then again, you are a total coward in person, so you won't be opening up your mouth to anyone in person that can break it. And I knew you were stupid enough to respond to me. Total idiots are easy to get a rise out of. I'm trying to get my account banned, so thanks for helping me buffoon.

Wow. $45 an hour for giving blow jobs in Chelsea? You must give really good head like Donald Xentor and RTOMan, and like your dirty skank whore mother. Please on behalf of humanity decline the T/O job you nasty piece of shit.

Yeah , you are so mentally challenged you keep editing your old ass post instead of hitting reply.. Oh no he called my mumma a name but he doesnt even know her or anything about her.

youre such a douchebag, you must be a really lonely person and live in a shitty trashy apartment to boot.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Its not as easy as you think to be a T/O. Most T/O Students I heard say that don't have a job with transit any more.

Im not trying to diminish the complexity of school car or the level of what they teach. Im just saying from personal experience, I learn most things very fast and it doesnt take me more than a few tries most to master something.

Im not trying to diminish the complexity of school car or the level of what they teach. Im just saying from personal experience, I learn most things very fast and it doesnt take me more than a few tries most to master something.

so i guess you will master unemployment after you "master schoocar".

so i guess you will master unemployment after you "master schoocar".

I wont need unemployment, they would gladly re-hire me at my current place of employment if I had to go back to work with them. I generate more revenue than any of their current employees. youre just mad cause you are one of those people who can barley cut it

Yeah right, Id pass school car with flying colors. In school I had the highest avg in electronics engineering.. School car would be a cake walk for me from what family members who already are operators told me.

Operating, specifically stopping a train at the specified point, is much more difficult than it looks. Unlike you, some people here have actually operated a train (WINK WINK).

Operating, specifically stopping a train at the specified point, is much more difficult than it looks. Unlike you, some people here have actually operated a train (WINK WINK).

Its not that difficult once you learn the tricks of the trade.. Each train will have its own subtleties to learn.. Its not impossible. If low iq scoring trolls like blathercunt/cdi919 pick it up, ill do fine. he resembles a labotomy next to me

I wont need unemployment, they would gladly re-hire me at my current place of employment if I had to go back to work with them. I generate more revenue than any of their current employees. youre just mad cause you are one of those people who can barley cut it

Yep i made over 90 grand my last year as a Plumber....

I can go back to my trade whenever i choose to as well..

BTW i was going to become a Forman making 50 bucks an Hr..

50>45

Yep i made over 90 grand my last year as a Plumber....

I can go back to my trade whenever i choose to as well..

BTW i was going to become a Forman making 50 bucks an Hr..

50>45

None of that was directed at you, I dont have any issues with you. Im just saying the trade Im in Im good at, but at the same time, I have to deal with my own retirement account etc, and I dont get nearly as good of benefits that working for the TA offers and not to mention the pension.

None of that was directed at you, I dont have any issues with you. Im just saying the trade Im in Im good at, but at the same time, I have to deal with my own retirement account etc, and I dont get nearly as good of benefits that working for the TA offers and not to mention the pension.

I know who your beef with is im just making a point thats all im not jumping in that...

The same Benifits you see here Now prob will not be here if/when they hire you..

My beinfits as a Plumber was better than these the major difference was the work enviroments. I worked in disgusting smelly dangerous places. The Money was worth it but i took a pay cut to come down here. No regrets. Some of these conditions aren't rosy either and im sure thier will be some kind of ramification to me down the line.

Have you paid attention to whats going on in Jersey? Its coming this way watch...

What are you referring to in NJ?

They are looking to have the state "decide" workers benifits instead of it being a "contractual issue"..

How would you like it if the state can tell you what you can and cannot have as a union worker that others before you fought so hard to get for you?

You dont think NY isnt paying attention? Even though its the MTA what affect one will affect all in one form or another.

funny ive been barely cutting it for years now while you have been thirsty to get this job.

Seriously why does every C/R thread and now a T/O thread have to turn into a BS argument?. If you guys can't get along, hit the ignore button already. Or pm this BS to each other so the rest of us don't have to see it. People come on this section of this site for information on how to obtain employment with TA, not to see this crap. This is the only section of this site where people act like this. Everyone please try and act like adults.

Seriously why does every C/R thread and now a T/O thread have to turn into a BS argument?. If you guys can't get along, hit the ignore button already. Or pm this BS to each other so the rest of us don't have to see it. People come on this section of this site for information on how to obtain employment with TA, not to see this crap. This is the only section of this site where people act like this. Everyone please try and act like adults.

a few months ago when a certain poster was named PhrasierCrane, now using another name, i flat out PMed the mods "why don't you get rid of this person, he/she uses very harsh language which is largely unnecessary. is this person related to you?" i never got any response so i dont respond to anything this person says anymore. you have to remember that this is a website run by some single person named Harry. if Harry allows this kind of stuff to continue, then it will never stop. what can you do, Will? i tried my best :P

wah wah wah i want my milk and cookies. one guy has all these user ids. has anyone ever stopped to think just maybe they are different people. thats why harry has not banned them. different ip address's. thats besides the fact he needs to keep members active to keep getting ad sponsors. anyway i find it funny that people think i'm Blatherskite. if you cant tell the difference then you need to get your heads checked.

a few months ago when a certain poster was named PhrasierCrane, now using another name, i flat out PMed the mods "why don't you get rid of this person, he/she uses very harsh language which is largely unnecessary. is this person related to you?" i never got any response so i dont respond to anything this person says anymore. you have to remember that this is a website run by some single person named Harry. if Harry allows this kind of stuff to continue, then it will never stop. what can you do, Will? i tried my best :P

I hear you man. But I'm just so tired of it already. I mean I had my beef with phrasier/Blath myself so I'm not going to act all innocent and all. But enough is enough already. I mean he's a cool guy and helped me out when I was thinking or pursuing the C/R title, and his info is very correct on RTO matters. I mean if me and him can bury the hatchet anyone else here can as well. I just wish these threads could stay on topic and continue to be informative not disruptive. When I first stumbled upon this site in 2009, I couldn't believe how informative it was, and I wish I had known of it earlier. But as of late there's just way too much BS, and people having a feeling of superiority because they happen to be a T/O or C/R for some reason. We all took civil service exams and went through the hiring process like people before us. Anyone else could do the same and be trained for the job just like we were. Maybe some people can't hack it, or didn't score a 105 on the exam but that doesn't make them stupid or incompetent. Let's just all try and get along or just ignore each other.

I hear you man. But I'm just so tired of it already. I mean I had my beef with phrasier/Blath myself so I'm not going to act all innocent and all. But enough is enough already. I mean he's a cool guy and helped me out when I was thinking or pursuing the C/R title, and his info is very correct on RTO matters. I mean if me and him can bury the hatchet anyone else here can as well. I just wish these threads could stay on topic and continue to be informative not disruptive. When I first stumbled upon this site in 2009, I couldn't believe how informative it was, and I wish I had known of it earlier. But as of late there's just way too much BS, and people having a feeling of superiority because they happen to be a T/O or C/R for some reason. We all took civil service exams and went through the hiring process like people before us. Anyone else could do the same and be trained for the job just like we were. Maybe some people can't hack it, or didn't score a 105 on the exam but that doesn't make them stupid or incompetent. Let's just all try and get along or just ignore each other.

About F*ckin time someone said something that made sense. I remember phrasier, i see the trouble makers are still around.

Does anyone have info on how the promo t/o list is moving?

The list is moving slowly. I am in the 260s on the oc list so i have about another year tll they get to my number. They are hiring anywhere from 10 to 50 people per class depending on the demand. Classes are scheduld for july and late august.

The list is moving slowly. I am in the 260s on the oc list so i have about another year tll they get to my number. They are hiring anywhere from 10 to 50 people per class depending on the demand. Classes are scheduld for july and late august.

THere is no class for July, it was June and August. 50 new T/Os for each class were called down. I am in the 200s also and I am hoping it will be sooner than a year.

I forgot how many questions was on multiple choice ?

it was 80 questions, and thanks to me, one question (#17 on the afternoon exam) was protested and credit was given to all who had it wrong. there were only like 15 of us out of the thousands that took the test at the Protest Review Session, i couldnt believe it! check it out http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcas/downloads/pdf/keys/ktrainoperator8098.pdf

THere is no class for July, it was June and August. 50 new T/Os for each class were called down. I am in the 200s also and I am hoping it will be sooner than a year.

Wrong again this class has ONLY 20 T/O's...

Trust me it will be LONGER than a year...

Archived