The next t/o class

bknitti

nah, it took them a year to get halfway through the list. i'd say another year, probably more because they did have a big need for T/Os this past year, from what i heard. this need has been reduced. however, if the (MTA) announces that they will stop paying for retiree health benefits for those still in service, there will be mass exodus of those already eligible to retire

Stop spreading rumors....

Please explain to me how the MTA would stop paying retires health benifits when WE pay for them already...

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stop spreading rumors....

Please explain to me how the MTA would stop paying retires health benifits when WE pay for them already...

Thank you. IDK where people are getting this info from. Are they mis-interpreting some real or imagined piece of information ? Making it up out of thin air? Advising the (MTA)'s contract negotiating unit? Idle speculation? Either be factual or remain silent if you're not sure before posting. Carry on,

whoa, thats totally my bad, guys! after my claim was challenged i did a forum search to see where i got the idea about the retiree health benefits from, and i couldnt find it. thats when i realized i got that idea from this old guy at work who's a retired T/O and a current custodian at the post office. he's not always on the mark with the stuff he tells me (he's a nice guy though). sorry about the misinformation :P

This really sucks. It's been 2 years since the Open Competitive TO exam and it'll probably take 3+ years until the first ones from that list gets called. I'm under 300, but there's a chance I might not get called if they close the list at 4 years :P

This really sucks. It's been 2 years since the Open Competitive TO exam and it'll probably take 3+ years until the first ones from that list gets called. I'm under 300, but there's a chance I might not get called if they close the list at 4 years :P

the clock doesn't start until the promotional list expires. but they dont have to keep it open for 4 years, only 1 year with a MAXIMUM of 4 years

You shouldn't be so worried. The 4 year shelf life of OC list hasnt been established yet, so the clock isn't ticking on it. Dont worry about Transit not keeping OC list open for the full four years, thats ridiculous. When they start calling cuz the jobs are needed, youll be somewhere in the mix quickly.

At the rate they're going, I might not get called until December 2013 :P

That's better than not being called at all, or being called and then disqualified wasting all that time waiting. Change your perspective man. It will give you some extra years of life at the tail end of it.

Dang, I must have no chance at all with a 1000 ranking :( Each of the MTA exams I took I went into "cold turkey", yet afterwards I heard there are like study guides or previous test booklets. Is this true? Could I really have studied and gotten a better score? The 95 I got on the TO exam sounded great until I looked at my list rank.

Dang, I must have no chance at all with a 1000 ranking :( Each of the MTA exams I took I went into "cold turkey", yet afterwards I heard there are like study guides or previous test booklets. Is this true? Could I really have studied and gotten a better score? The 95 I got on the TO exam sounded great until I looked at my list rank.

Study guides for C/R and T/O are a total waste of money. The tests in these books are outdated. They use tests that were given as a promotion when you actually had to know the job. It's not knowing what is on the tests, it's how you take them. You simply have to pay attention, and go through the test a 2nd or 3rd time to make sure you didn't fill in the wrong bubbles by accident, and knowing what neighborhood Hunter College is in unlike some test takers like messino. Some people like RTOMan would not be Train Operators right now if not for the easy open competitive. Had they had the test the original way when he took it, he would not be a T/O right now. Should they have low enough standards to hire messino, then that should tell you they will hire anyone and only because the current test is so dumbed down.

Hah thats the only cheap shot you can still take because you have nothing else. So what I got that one wrong? I only got 2 wrong on the whole test. Ill be called up and get the job quick anyway with a number in the 200s :(

You are a cheapshot to anyone with the misfortune of being related to you. I don't need to bring up anything else, even though I can. Getting that question wrong should have shamed you to completely disappear, but being you and the shame you are to humanity, and a racist, you aren't smart enough to realize how pathetic that was. With your attitude, you won't last very long. Then again, you are a total coward in person, so you won't be opening up your mouth to anyone in person that can break it. And I knew you were stupid enough to respond to me. Total idiots are easy to get a rise out of. I'm trying to get my account banned, so thanks for helping me buffoon.

Thirsty? Nah I get $45 per hour at my current job, im not desperate to operate a train. Its just an option I might take up when they call me.

I never took any officer / law enforcement test.

Wow. $45 an hour for giving blow jobs in Chelsea? You must give really good head like Donald Xentor and RTOMan, and like your dirty skank whore mother. Please on behalf of humanity decline the T/O job you nasty piece of shit.

and knowing what neighborhood Hunter College is in unlike some test takers.

Hah thats the only cheap shot you can still take because you have nothing else. So what I got that one wrong? I only got 2 wrong on the whole test. Ill be called up and get the job quick anyway with a number in the 200s :(

You are a cheapshot to anyone with the misfortune of being related to you. I don't need to bring up anything else, even though I can. Getting that question wrong should have shamed you to completely disappear, but being you and the shame you are to humanity, and a racist, you aren't smart enough to realize how pathetic that was. With your attitude, you won't last very long. Then again, you are a total coward in person, so you won't be opening up your mouth to anyone in person that can break it. And I knew you were stupid enough to respond to me. Total idiots are easy to get a rise out of. I'm trying to get my account banned, so thanks for helping me buffoon.

You cant bring up anything else because you dont know who I am, my name or know me personally. All you know is what you read in posts..

Most of these MTA test are common sense and knowledge of the System, i also got a 95 on the OC T/O.....your gonna kill yourself, if u sit around waiting for that letter in the mail. Eventually i believe the call will come for us...stay up homie.

These tests are 95% reading comprehension. If you have a problem understanding what you read in the paragraph,you need reading comprehension lessons..

This test is very easy. Its not even as hard as the court officer tests where you have to memorize the whole scenario you read and then turn the page to answer the questions without the chance of going back to read the paragraph. These tests the paragraph is right in front of your face during all questions and you can go back to get the answers.

to be honest, i dont even know why they're allowed to ask the Hunter College/LIberty Island/JFK Airport, etc. questions. NYC residency is not a requirement for the position. And as far as I know, if a T/O doesn't know directions, they can just say "sorry, I don't know" to the customer. If anything, landmarks should be a part of the T/O training, IMO. and for the record, i got all those questions right, the only 2 i got wrong were signals q's

to be honest, i dont even know why they're allowed to ask the Hunter College/LIberty Island/JFK Airport, etc. questions. NYC residency is not a requirement for the position. And as far as I know, if a T/O doesn't know directions, they can just say "sorry, I don't know" to the customer. If anything, landmarks should be a part of the T/O training, IMO. and for the record, i got all those questions right, the only 2 i got wrong were signals q's

I dont even care that I got it wrong. I only got 2 questions wrong, I would have been happier with 100% but Im still not complaining cause I got a good score in the 200 #s so when my time comes Ill get the job without too much waiting.

I dont even care that I got it wrong. I only got 2 questions wrong, I would have been happier with 100% but Im still not complaining cause I got a good score in the 200 #s so when my time comes Ill get the job without too much waiting.

dam why so thirsty for a transit job? pd shot you down?

dam why so thirsty for a transit job? pd shot you down?

Thirsty? Nah I get $45 per hour at my current job, im not desperate to operate a train. Its just an option I might take up when they call me.

i dont see the reason to take a 14 dollar paycut. unless you are just that much of a buff. if so you probably would not make it anyway. most buffs flunk out of school car horribly.

i dont see the reason to take a 14 dollar paycut. unless you are just that much of a buff. if so you probably would not make it anyway. most buffs flunk out of school car horribly.

Yeah right, Id pass school car with flying colors. In school I had the highest avg in electronics engineering.. School car would be a cake walk for me from what family members who already are operators told me.

Yeah right, Id pass school car with flying colors. In school I had the highest avg in electronics engineering.. School car would be a cake walk for me from what family members who already are operators told me.

that post is exactly why you would fail. you think you know it all already and a high avg in "electronics engineering" does not replace common sense which clearly you dont have. and since you think you are so smart you wont take direction and probably wont be able to stop a train if your life depended on it.

that post is exactly why you would fail. you think you know it all already and a high avg in "electronics engineering" does not replace common sense which clearly you dont have. and since you think you are so smart you wont take direction and probably wont be able to stop a train if your life depended on it.

Dude its about aptitude, not my engineering backgrgound. I learn things extremely quick, school car will be a breeze. Ive done training for jobs with operating equipment alot more complex thats for sure

Archived