No 2 nor 5 on the elevated WPR line for July 1-3.

alejr88

This is bad, this will inconvenience many passengers. There is no service at all on the White Plains Road line for the entire weekend, in other words no (2) trains. No trains between East 180 Street and 149 Street-Grand Concourse and NO (5) trains at all. Free shuttle buses replace service in both directions. No (5) service not even at the Dyre Avenue Line.

This will be interesting can't wait to ride West Farms Equipment.The (2) train shuttle bus was the bomb especially the express on the highway with an Orion VII CNG Whoo hoo!!

Did it went express to East 180th and then local afterwards?

Ill be checking this out.. (2) Shuttle Runs like this:

-Local via Morris Park Ave Tremont, Boston Road, Southern Blvd, Westchester Ave, 149th Street, Concourse

-Express via Morris Park Ave, Tremont, Devoe Ave, Interstate 895 / 278, Interstate 87, 149th Street, Concourse

Tip: Avoid taking photos at the terminals (180th/149th Street), you don't wanna bump into any supervisor or bus operator who "thinks" your snapping them.. If your good, your good.

I just checked the MTA website for that date --

There's still service on the upper WPR line [ Wakefield to E 180]

The shuttle bus is only from E 180 to 149.

Or am I missing something here?

I just checked the MTA website for that date --

There's still service on the upper WPR line [ Wakefield to E 180]

The shuttle bus is only from E 180 to 149.

Or am I missing something here?

Check G/o of July 2nd, June 1st is incorrect:

No (2)/(5) trains between 149 St-Grand Concourse and East 180 St

No (5) trains between Bowling Green and East 180 St

(4) trains and free shuttle buses provide alternate service

Weekend & Holiday, 3:30 AM Sat to 6 PM Mon, Jul 2 - 4

Free shuttle buses provide alternate service between East 180 St and 149 St-Grand Concourse.

Trains run in two sections:

1. Between 241 St and East 180 St

2. Between 149 St-Grand Concourse and Flatbush Av

Shuttle trains run between Dyre Av and East 180 St, all weekend.

• Transfer between the trains and free shuttle buses at East 180 St.

• Transfer between the shuttle bus and trains at 149 St-Grand Concourse.

They should of mentioned the BX19 / Bx4 / Bx21 also provides alternative. For the (4), take it to any stop for a bus to the (2)/(5).. But then again, people don't read, nor will it show it on the posters

Oh wow, what a big G.O. this will be.

@mark1447: I've taken photos of shuttle buses at the terminal, right near two supervisors, they didn't bug me. I think you were with me too.

I and a few others did had a dispute with some b/os thinking we were snapping them, which we wasn't. For supervisors, i dont remember.

By the way, I believe this GO will also occur on 4th of July (until 6pm) and the next weekend as well. This means I'll be on the (6) or the (D) (traveling via the Bx6 in the case of the latter) often.

By the way, I believe this GO will also occur on 4th of July (until 6pm) and the next weekend as well. This means I'll be on the (6) or the (D) (traveling via the Bx6 in the case of the latter) often.

Ending at 6PM will really confuse people!

Let me guess: the Bx4/A will remain with low ridership because nobody's taking the bus if it doesn't say "shuttle" on it. Neither will they use the Bx19.

On the other hand, expect full BxM11's!

Ending at 6PM will really confuse people!

Let me guess: the Bx4/A will remain with low ridership because nobody's taking the bus if it doesn't say "shuttle" on it. Neither will they use the Bx19.

On the other hand, expect full BxM11's!

I wouldn't say that just yet. The Bx4/4A would still have strong amounts of people since it goes to Soundview, not to areas served by the (2) and (5) lines. As for the Bx19, it would only have ridership north (in East Tremont) and south (between Westchester Av and Harlem) of the elevated.

As much as this is a major inconvenience for us in the Bronx, I'm glad that the MTA's upgrading the signals and tracks on the Bronx's oldest elevated IRT line.

I wouldn't say that just yet. The Bx4/4A would still have strong amounts of people since it goes to Soundview, not to areas served by the (2) and (5) lines. As for the Bx19, it would only have ridership north (in East Tremont) and south (between Westchester Av and Harlem) of the elevated.

As much as this is a major inconvenience for us in the Bronx, I'm glad that the MTA's upgrading the signals and tracks on the Bronx's oldest elevated IRT line.

During the (7) GO, the Q48 was pretty empty while there were long lines for packed shuttle buses Main St-Willets Pt.

During the (7) GO, the Q48 was pretty empty while there were long lines for packed shuttle buses Main St-Willets Pt.

Of course, the Q48 would still be abysmal. But the Bx19 and Bx4/4A are very different since they have higher ridership.

I know this 180th St project has to be done. With that said but why did the (MTA) choose the July 4th Holiday weekend to basicaly shut down almost all (2)(5) Bronx service? Or at least run *full all day weekend* (2)(5) service Monday the 4th IMO.:tdown:

There are other weekends this summer as well.

This is good for those needing a fare break. Free bus rides for some riders staying in the Bronx. For some, they can even get a free subway ride if they are traveling to a 2/5 station in the Bronx and 'ride correctly', they would get a free return trip home at 149 St GC or E 180 St.

This is good, free rides for many! For some, they can even get a free subway ride if they are traveling to a 2/5 station in the Bronx and 'ride correctly', they would get a free return trip home at 149 St GC or E 180 St.

Free rides? HA! Many of these people in the south bronx already get free rides... Its called farebeating.. The people who REALLY deserve free rides are those who PAY EVERYDAY or have an Unlimited (Who bought it). Those who farebeat, don't deserve a free ride ;).

I've seen this type of G.O. in the past. The difference was that when signal and track work needed to be done just south of East 180th St we used two alternatives.

1- (2) line service ran between 241st and E. 180th and (5) line service ran shuttle between Dyre and E. 180th. The shuttle buses ran from E.180th St to 149 GC station. (2) service terminated at 3rd Ave while (5) service terminated at 149th St upper level on the (4) line.

2 -(2) trains terminated at Freeman St, relayed, and returned s/b while (5) trains terminated at 149th GC upper. Shuttle trains ran from E.180th n/b.Shuttle buses ran from E. 180th St to Freeman St for service when this was in operation.

When the last signal and track overhaul was done on the line someone decided that the tower and switches at Freeman St cost too much to maintain so the tower was closed and the switches removed so option #2 no longer exists. Now when work needs to be done Surface has to provide more buses and operators at a higher cost, and riders have to spend more time on a slower mode of transport. Railfans might love it but it appears to me that the switches and tower should have been left in operation at Freeman St saving money and time. Just my opinion. Carry on.

I've seen this type of G.O. in the past. The difference was that when signal and track work needed to be done just south of East 180th St we used two alternatives.

1- (2) line service ran between 241st and E. 180th and (5) line service ran shuttle between Dyre and E. 180th. The shuttle buses ran from E.180th St to 149 GC station. (2) service terminated at 3rd Ave while (5) service terminated at 149th St upper level on the (4) line.

2 -(2) trains terminated at Freeman St, relayed, and returned s/b while (5) trains terminated at 149th GC upper. Shuttle trains ran from E.180th n/b.Shuttle buses ran from E. 180th St to Freeman St for service when this was in operation.

When the last signal and track overhaul was done on the line someone decided that the tower and switches at Freeman St cost too much to maintain so the tower was closed and the switches removed so option #2 no longer exists. Now when work needs to be done Surface has to provide more buses and operators at a higher cost, and riders have to spend more time on a slower mode of transport. Railfans might love it but it appears to me that the switches and tower should have been left in operation at Freeman St saving money and time. Just my opinion. Carry on.

Since you mentioned Freeman Street, was this during the time they had that junction in Between 174th/Freeman street which was used for the 9th Ave El?

Since you mentioned Freeman Street, was this during the time they had that junction in Between 174th/Freeman street which was used for the 9th Ave El?

Freeman St was the terminal for the Second Ave el. IIRC the Ninth Ave el went past the Polo Grounds and on the Jerome el at 167th St. I think the Second Ave el left Jackson Avenue on the present line and connected with the Third Avenue el south of 149th St.

Freeman St was the terminal for the Second Ave el. IIRC the Ninth Ave el went past the Polo Grounds and on the Jerome el at 167th St. I think the Second Ave el left Jackson Avenue on the present line and connected with the Third Avenue el south of 149th St.

I knew the 9th Ave el didnt went up there. Idk why people told me the 9th Ave el went up to Freeman. Thanks for the correction.

Why did the (MTA) removed the switch at Freeman Street anyways/

Archived