1804 Destroyed!

I Run Trains

Too bad instead of nice restyled C40LFRs, the (MTA) was stuck in 2000 and wanted the ugly C40LF tissue boxes. The Xcelsiors will hopefully fix that. Now I'm just hoping they somehow find a way to upgrade the exterior lights on the "new" RTS without completely making the bus look ugly.

Too bad instead of nice restyled C40LFRs, the (MTA) was stuck in 2000 and wanted the ugly C40LF tissue boxes. The Xcelsiors will hopefully fix that. Now I'm just hoping they somehow find a way to upgrade the exterior lights on the "new" RTS without completely making the bus look ugly.

I've seen the preliminary redesign sketches, and I must say it looks good!:drool:

The only changes are a minor face lift, new front and real lights, new side windows, and a few other cosmetic changes.

The change however is not expected to occur until approximately 2013. But that isn't set in stone yet. The first few batches of production units will most likely look like the current RTS LF.

Speaking of 5003, how did that bus end up totaled? And is that why 9361 was sent to East New York Depot?

As for the driver, it was a mechanic road-testing the bus after repairs (he's okay). Like 1808, it is still under warranty...if the bus isn't a total loss.

5003 is back in ENY, I saw it not too long ago on the Q56.

I meant that was when N53 was running, I was having lunch break at McDonald while waiting for N51 bus.

Speaking of accident, subchat post this pic through link.

IMG_3833-600x400.jpg

It said photos are copyright.

nice - thanks for sharing that photo album. insaaaane.

@_@ I saw 1804 the last time I was on the N24 (2 weeks ago from today). Its so sad that these brand-new buses are getting totaled!

5003 is back in ENY, I saw it not too long ago on the Q56.

Then I guess I'll have to go to ECH once again! :(

Definatly totaled, I zoomed in on this one:

IMG_3849-600x400.jpg

HOLY SHIT! I thought it was that 1804 ran into the building (front damage can be fixed)---not that the bus was T-boned.

This is also going to cost Nassau County in insurance money, as it will have to pay back the feds for TWO lost buses.

If that Ford crashed into an RTS, the van will be totaled and the RTS will have some dents in the side panel and maybe a cracked window panel or 2 lol

Usually depends on the speed. There have been instances where Vans crashed into the sides of RTSs at high speed and pretty much destroyed the sides. I remember seeing one of the 8400s getting totaled like that. That was not a pretty sight.

If that Ford crashed into an RTS, the van will be totaled and the RTS will have some dents in the side panel and maybe a cracked window panel or 2 lol

Even at this speed? The van driver was boozed up, even though he had already careened off two other cars.

I've seen the preliminary redesign sketches, and I must say it looks good!:drool:

The only changes are a minor face lift, new front and real lights, new side windows, and a few other cosmetic changes.

The change however is not expected to occur until approximately 2013. But that isn't set in stone yet. The first few batches of production units will most likely look like the current RTS LF.

Isn't the RTS LF still by Millennium? Who's getting those?

(I think that narrower window towards the back messes up the design, where the window/bulkhead panels were always the same size. Now, it's like an Orion V or something).

Usually depends on the speed. There have been instances where Vans crashed into the sides of RTSs at high speed and pretty much destroyed the sides. I remember seeing one of the 8400s getting totaled like that. That was not a pretty sight.

Didn't that happen to bus 9417 when it was at Yukon (the bus ended up being scrapped as a result)?

I can't see the video.....I can't find it.

McCrapnalds got what they deserved.

That's McDiarrhea to you :P

Heh, I rather it be 666.

Stop trying to get rid of the bus with my favorite number :P

Definatly totaled, I zoomed in on this one:

IMG_3849-600x400.jpg

Double kill.

Isn't the RTS LF still by Millennium? Who's getting those?

(I think that narrower window towards the back messes up the design, where the window/bulkhead panels were always the same size. Now, it's like an Orion V or something).

Yes, the RTS LF is a Millennium product. At this time I can't say who's getting them, but I can say this.....

A whole list of agencies want them!

The RTS is the best batch of buses that the NYC Transit ever ordered. The RTS is a MUCH better bus than any Orion bus IMHO.

The RTS' reliability and quality is FAR more outstanding than an Orion bus.

So true bro. I remember the days when the old GMC RTS buses used to be everywhere. Good times. I loved those motors.

http://www.ttmg.org/pages/gmc/nymta-gmcn.html

http://www.ttmg.org/pages/gmc/nymta-gmcr.html

I espeically loved those NovaBus RTS (5076-5124) because of it's motors.

http://www.ttmg.org/pages/volvo/nymta-novae.html

Archived