Queens Village's LFS in force & a Ex-GO Transit Orion V

Queens Surface

Excellent shots!! Where is ex-GO Transit located?

GO Transit - agency of the province of Ontario providing intermodal service from Toronto to points in Guelph, Hamilton, Oshawa, and Peterborough.

If I'm seeing those buses here (I shot a few in Toronto in 2006), that makes them all-MCI D4500s now. Where that ex-GO Transit bus is now is at the CitySights yard in Park Slope. It also isn't the first time that company has bought former GO Transit equipment (they also bought a lot of 1400s from them).

GO Transit - agency of the province of Ontario providing intermodal service from Toronto to points in Guelph, Hamilton, Oshawa, and Peterborough.

If I'm seeing those buses here (I shot a few in Toronto in 2006), that makes them all-MCI D4500s now. Where that ex-GO Transit bus is now is at the CitySights yard in Park Slope. It also isn't the first time that company has bought former GO Transit equipment (they also bought a lot of 1400s from them).

Yep. The ex-GO bus appears to be one of the DD50 Orion V suburban buses (2018-2029) they bought in 2004; I wonder what they want to do with it, given that the only buses I've seen them use in revenue service are double-deckers Oddly enough, Wikipedia lists all of those buses as still in service with GO...

Nice stuff! That Orion 5 should come to us lololol

Yeah, replace some of the beatdown MCIs lololol

Nice! Any chance you got the VIN on the V?

All GO Transit Orion V's have been retired. The fleet is now MCI diesels & hybrids as well as double deckers.

A bunch of ex. GO V's have ended up in Niagara Falls area.

Sorry I don't the VIN for that Orion V.

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Wonder if they will use if for their NYAS service or convert to a double decker for CitySights service?

Quite frankly I really hope they do the former, and it's not out of the question given where Westchester's 102A2s are now.

IIRC since their CitySights service went in with a joint venture with Coach USA's Greyline to form TwinAmerica LLC , they have placed an order for Enviro 400 double deckers (smaller E500's that GreyCoach already has)

Archived